Help with Volvo diagnostics tool requirements.

Hello thank you for having a look at this post hopefully someone can help or give some advise..

Long story sort of short my uncle has a 2001 Volvo XC70 with a transmission problem and the final step or fix before just replacing the gearbox is to put the car into adapt mode. The way to do this on a budget is with a product called Vida dice (Linked below). Apparently the requirements for this are a PC running Windows 7 professional, and the supplied software must be installed on the C: drive. The problem is we don't have a system with that OS on it so my uncle in all his wisdom, decided to completely ignore my advice of download Virtual Box and install the required version of windows on that, then try and see if the software for the Vida dice would work on that. He basically tried installing that version of Windows on the system as a fresh install, this obviously has reformatted the drive along with all the drivers mainly the one for the NIC. 

So my main questions are how or were am I supposed to get the drivers for an old pre-built system, and if I could get the drivers for that system what are the chances of making the Vida dice software think its been installed on the C: drive, if I use a Virtual Box VM running Windows 7 professional?

Thank you for your time I really appreciate it.

Link for Vida dice on eBay:

Here

Go to the prebuilt's website, in the support section you should be able to search for the model number to download drivers and such. Since we don't know anything about the pc, nor the name of it's maker, we can't be of much more help.

6 minutes ago, TempestCatto said:

Go to the prebuilt's website, in the support section you should be able to search for the model number to download drivers and such. Since we don't know anything about the pc, nor the name of it's maker, we can't be of much more help.

Thank you for replying I think it's a Packard Bell or a Compaq system.

If it's a Packard Bell (which is a subsidiary of Acer) go here and enter your model's info to get drivers http://www.packardbell.com/pb/en/GB/content/download

Or if it's a Compaq (a subsidiary of HP) go here https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers

You'll need to know the model number, which may be on a sticker on either the top, sides, or back. It could even be underneath the computer itself.

1 minute ago, TempestCatto said:

If it's a Packard Bell (which is a subsidiary of Acer) go here and enter your model's info to get drivers http://www.packardbell.com/pb/en/GB/content/download

Or if it's a Compaq (a subsidiary of HP) go here https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers

You'll need to know the model number, which may be on a sticker on either the top, sides, or back. It could even be underneath the computer itself.

Okay great so pre-builts have the same drivers support as individuals components, don't know why I thought otherwise but I guess you learn something new everyday. Thank you Tepest your awesome. Also I might still want to run a vm for the tools software but if not a bootable usb of W7P will have to do I guess.

35 minutes ago, Damage9i05 said:

Okay great so pre-builts have the same drivers support as individuals components, don't know why I thought otherwise but I guess you learn something new everyday. Thank you Tepest your awesome. Also I might still want to run a vm for the tools software but if not a bootable usb of W7P will have to do I guess.

You're welcome, glad to help :)

I don't see why you couldn't run a VM on that machine, as long as you know how to (I'll be honest, I don't. I haven't run a VM myself simply because of how I keep my data separate from my OS, so I kinda don't care if I get infected, I just reinstall. But that's just me. lol)

1 hour ago, TempestCatto said:

You're welcome, glad to help :)

I don't see why you couldn't run a VM on that machine, as long as you know how to (I'll be honest, I don't. I haven't run a VM myself simply because of how I keep my data separate from my OS, so I kinda don't care if I get infected, I just reinstall. But that's just me. lol)

I see that's okay, and yeah I know how I've done it before. Thanks again :)