Athlon 200GE + NVMe SSD

gort

people say NVMe SSD won't work with Athlon 200GE, is that true ? anyone experience with such setup ?

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant
Type Item Price
CPU AMD - Athlon 200GE 3.2 GHz Dual-Core Processor $50.79 @ OutletPC
Motherboard Gigabyte - B450M DS3H Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard $72.99 @ Amazon
Storage ADATA - XPG SX6000 128 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive $34.89 @ OutletPC
  Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts  
  Total $158.67
  Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-01-18 02:43 EST-0500  

I'm gonna trust PCpp on this one. There's no reason an athlon CPU wouldn't work with NVMe.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

I thought it's gonna have reduced bandwith since x2 instead of x4... but someone else said it won't work at all

- 1 x Ultra M.2 Socket (M2_1), supports M Key type 2242/2260/2280 M.2 PCI Express module up to Gen3 x4 (32 Gb/s) (with Summit Ridge, Raven Ridge and Pinnacle Ridge) or Gen3 x2 (16 Gb/s) (with Athlon 2xxGE series APU)

https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/B450M Pro4/index.asp#Specification

It will work. You just need to have a mobo with a nvme slot. 

Or at least there is not reason it wouldnt

6 minutes ago, gort said:

Gen3 x2 (16 Gb/s) (with Athlon 2xxGE series APU)

Should be fine, although if you're taking the athlon route to save money it makes sense to use an M.2 SATA SSD instead of NVMe and then not have to worry about it at all. What's the intended use case for this SSD?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

pure theory atm, I saw someone asked would such config work... I thought it will work with reduced bandwith, someone else said I'm wrong though, won't work...

Just got a 200GE as a placeholder for hopefully upgrading to Ryzen 3 later this year, if its worth moving up from the 2600 on my main rig. Took a bios update to get the NVME to work, but its there and going. Early BIOS versions 1.0 and 1.1 didn't detect the NVME at all, but had unlocked ram speed with the 200GE. Versions 1.2 and current 1.3 picked it up fine, but capped the ram at 2666.

200GE

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

Team 3000 2x4Gb

Intel 600P 256Gb

I user the UserBenchmark test as a general baseline and it tested about average on speeds,

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/13943641

Probably depends on board and Bios tho