European, need TV. Help.

OfTheThorn

Hi everyone, 

Basically I moved out recently and am looking for a TV. My budget is rather limited, and the girlfriend insists on buying a TV from a physical store... So there we are. Currently there are sales going on, so I'm kind of in a rush to buy one before they end.

I've narrowed it down to the models below (specs are in the hyperlink). Cheapest one is €439, most expensive one €599. I tried looking on websites like rtings, but the model numbers are entirely different and I don't have the time to sort it all out, unfortunately. So I need some guidance. A solid explanation for why X model is superior over all the rest is appreciated as well!

Please note, I am European. Brands like TLC and Vizio are basically non-existant over here.

Basically looking for a 40-43" TV, preferably 43". Exclusively for watching TV shows / films.

Samsung NU7190

Samsung NU7450

(I cannot find the UK versions of the models above, my apologies)

Sony XF8096
Sony XF7077

Philips PUS7303
Philips NU7190

Thanks in advance,

Thorn

I have both a Samsung and a Sony. Sony's generally have better back lighting than Samsung but Samsung has a much better OS. If you are going to be watching Netflix/Hulu directly from the TV I would go with the Samsung, otherwise the Sony is probably a better bet. 

If you want more information on the TVs' quality use rtings.com 

Just now, Sorenson said:

I have both a Samsung and a Sony. Sony's generally have better back lighting than Samsung but Samsung has a much better OS. If you are going to be watching Netflix/Hulu directly from the TV I would go with the Samsung, otherwise the Sony is probably a better bet. 

If you want more information on the TVs' quality use rtings.com 

Don't care about the OS, hooking up a Raspberry Pi anyway. Thanks for the info!

rtings.com is amazing, unfortunately it's oriented towards people from USA/Canada. The models are entirely different (or is it just the naming?)

2 minutes ago, OfTheThorn said:

rtings.com is amazing, unfortunately it's oriented towards people from USA/Canada. The models are entirely different (or is it just the naming?)

That never even occurred to me. I would imagine that the panels would be the same, but they might have region specific differences depending on the laws. The Sony XF8096 Looks like it is pretty similar to the X800E.

6 minutes ago, Sorenson said:

That never even occurred to me. I would imagine that the panels would be the same, but they might have region specific differences depending on the laws. The Sony XF8096 Looks like it is pretty similar to the X800E.

Compared the 2. Different model year (2017 v 2018) and some other differences as well. XR 400 Hz vs 240 Hz and a few other minor differences.