Did i make the right purchase?

charbel1011

So i tried a bunch of gaming headsets over the years from razer to steelseries to logitech and all of them are garbage literally the only thing they are good at is their looks and their rgb crap. I want something good for music and gaming. That i can hear footsteps behind me clearly. And at the same time something good for music as well. Preferably with a mirophone. Mu budget is 300$ no

more. And i heard if i get those senheiser headsets they are too professional to get the most of it with a motherboard and it can make interference on the audio board on the motherboard. So what are your suggestion? Im really sick of wasting my money on those gimmick gaming headsets.

Would you consider real headphones? They are much better than gaming headsets and typically won't break like all the junk mainstream gaming headsets. Also they will sound FAR better.

14 minutes ago, Max_Settings said:

Would you consider real headphones? They are much better than gaming headsets and typically won't break like all the junk mainstream gaming headsets. Also they will sound FAR better.

Whatever works. But i heard good headsets makes some kind of interference like i said in my post on the actual motherboard because they are meant for professional use only? I am not sure though. like they will make board interference and u won't get the most of them. What do you suggest?

2 minutes ago, charbel1011 said:

Whatever works. But i heard good headsets makes some kind of interference like i said in my post on the actual motherboard because they are meant for professional use only? I am not sure though. like they will make board interference and u won't get the most of them. What do you suggest?

That depends on the board if you have noisy audio. But nothing stops you from using real headphones. Always good get an external DAC/Amp as well since you have enough budget for one for sure,

Just now, Max_Settings said:

That depends on the board if you have noisy audio. But nothing stops you from using real headphones. Always good get an external DAC/Amp as well since you have enough budget for one for sure,

Yeah sure. But i don't know anything about amps or anything about headsets in general. Any recommendation will be perfect to start my searching.

I haven't heard anything about that headset is it good?

DT880? Yeah it is very good for it's price. Been around for 30 years.

DT880? Yeah it is very good for it's price. Been around for 30 years.

Is there anything else? like senheiser or anything branded and known?

Just now, charbel1011 said:

Is there anything else? like senheiser or anything branded and known?

Beyerdynamic is super well known. But HD6XX is also an option, but 880 is better for gaming.

1 minute ago, Max_Settings said:

Beyerdynamic is super well known. But HD6XX is also an option, but 880 is better for gaming.

Should i get the 600ohm version?

1 minute ago, charbel1011 said:

Should i get the 600ohm version?

Well 600ohm version is better, but not with that Amp. Need a bit more power than that. If you want to get say a Schiit Magni 3 and Modi 3 then yes. Otherwise get the 250. 250 also lets you run them on a phone if you want to.

2 minutes ago, Max_Settings said:

Well 600ohm version is better, but not with that Amp. Need a bit more power than that. If you want to get say a Schiit Magni 3 and Modi 3 then yes. Otherwise get the 250. 250 also lets you run them on a phone if you want to.

I am gonna trust u on this one. I am gonna get the mod mic 5 as well. it's around 300$ combo hope it's worth it. Im sick of wasting money on headsets that don't work.

I am gonna trust u on this one. I am gonna get the mod mic 5 as well. it's around 300$ combo hope it's worth it. Im sick of wasting money on headsets that don't work.

Perfect. That should do you well. 880s are quite durable as well. 

2 minutes ago, Max_Settings said:

Perfect. That should do you well. 880s are quite durable as well. 

How to connect the amp to my pc? Do i need any extra cables? i need to know everything is all set before i get the order and im missing stuff.

How to connect the amp to my pc? Do i need any extra cables? i need to know everything is all set before i get the order and im missing stuff.

Comes with a USB A to B cable.

And then needs wall power also but comes with the brick.

Do u have this combo?

Do u have this combo?

No I do not, but I have demoed it in the past. You can check my profile for a list of my gear.

5 minutes ago, Max_Settings said:

No I do not, but I have demoed it in the past. You can check my profile for a list of my gear.

So i just need to connect the usb from the back of the amp to my pc and that's it?

So i just need to connect the usb from the back of the amp to my pc and that's it?

Yeah and plug in the wall power for the amp.

14 minutes ago, Max_Settings said:

Yeah and plug in the wall power for the amp.

This headset and amp will probably be a bit step up for me. Since im not an audiphile. Im pretty sure i will be amazed by the quality. Btw what does the amp do for the headset?

This headset and amp will probably be a bit step up for me. Since im not an audiphile. Im pretty sure i will be amazed by the quality. Btw what does the amp do for the headset?

Provides it more power and cleaner power. That particular unit is also a DAC. Which would take me a while to explain what that does in terms that you would understand.

16 hours ago, Max_Settings said:

Provides it more power and cleaner power. That particular unit is also a DAC. Which would take me a while to explain what that does in terms that you would understand.

Wait i bought the modmic 5 with that headset u provided? How can i attach it to the headset? Are they compatible!p

I got modmic 5 i just wanna know if the headset doesnt have a mic plug? Where to  plug the mic to my pc? And do i need any usb adapter or anything like that? Otherwise i would get low quality?