Good games on xbox one

alicskysareblue

Hey just bought an xbox one I know about geard of war (which I like) and horizon ( dont care about) but wgat about other ti3tles ?

Im looking for older titles Also I am veey much aware of red dead redemption w

Desktop:ryzen 5 3600 | MSI b45m bazooka | EVGA 650w Icoolermaster masterbox nr400 |16 gb ddr4  corsiar lpx| Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1070ti |500GB SSD+2TB SSHD, 2tb seagate barracuda [OS/games/mass storage] | HpZR240w 1440p led logitech g502 proteus spectrum| Coolermaster quick fire pro cherry mx  brown |

• Halo Master Chief Collection (it works great now)
  • Warframe (online game)
  • Battlefield series

I never really thought about it but I barely use my Xbox

55 minutes ago, SaintERosa said:
  • Halo Master Chief Collection (it works great now)
  • Warframe (online game)
  • Battlefield series

I never really thought about it but I barely use my Xbox

Really ? I love it for the backwards compatibility im just wondering about in the newer games

Desktop:ryzen 5 3600 | MSI b45m bazooka | EVGA 650w Icoolermaster masterbox nr400 |16 gb ddr4  corsiar lpx| Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1070ti |500GB SSD+2TB SSHD, 2tb seagate barracuda [OS/games/mass storage] | HpZR240w 1440p led logitech g502 proteus spectrum| Coolermaster quick fire pro cherry mx  brown |

21 hours ago, elderago said:

Hey just bought an xbox one

Condolences...

There are other, better options...

Next time, don't just buy a console. Look at the Games.

As the console by itself is just a black box that allows you to play some games...

And for the XBox One, there are sadly not really many games...

I know about geard of war (which I like) and horizon ( dont care about) 

Gears of War 4 is on PC

Forza Motorsport 7 is on PC

Forza Horizon 3 and 4 is on PC.

but wgat about other ti3tles ?

Rare Replay

Master Chief Collection

I don't have the Rare Replay Collection (yet), but Master Chief I do.

And that's kinda disapointing. When I played it I still had Problems with freezes or rather lockups in some cases. And while the games aren't bad, they didn't age too well. Though I'd imagine that they were amazing back in the day...

The Rest is available on other consoles and most stuff also on PC.

Im looking for older titles 

For XBox 360 titles that are backwards compatible, you can NOT use the money in your XBox Account!

You can't buy them from Windows either.

_ONLY_ XBox 360 allows that.

And the List isn't that amazing as almost everything is available on PC anyway...

So those titles are about it. The rest is Multi Plattform or PC...

Sadly you're missing out on the really awesome games, wich are on other plattforms, not on XBox...

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

Sunset Overdrive and Dead Rising are pretty fun mindless games. I like Sunset more, but it is pretty short.

Congrats on buying a console, welcome to the Xbox club.

#Muricaparrotgang

Crackdown 3 should be coming out next month.  I loved that series.

If you missed that series I think Crackdown 1 is on the compatible list.  X enhanced if you have the Xbox One X.

If you subscribe to gamepass you get access to these games.  Check out the list and see if you fancy any.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-01-09-xbox-game-pass-games-list-price

On 1/16/2019 at 7:08 PM, Stefan Payne said:

The Rest is available on other consoles and most stuff also on PC.

And the List isn't that amazing as almost everything is available on PC anyway...

So those titles are about it. The rest is Multi Plattform or PC...

Dude... 

Ok, however you meant OP to perceive that, The fact that many games branded as "Xbox Exclusive" are on PC is a FEATURE.

I'm actually very triggered over how you portrayed the Xbox One here. Don't get me wrong, I hate It and yes, I like almost everyone else, prefers the exclusives on PS.

Remember, Xbox is Microsoft and (I didn't know the extent of this before using the console) it pretty much runs Windows 10.

This is why there is so many "Xbox" title on PC, Sony doesn't have that advantage. Still, They have more exclusives that appeal to a wider range of people.

I hope that you know this but I wanted to make it clear for everyone else.

I definitely get your point as its quite redundant getting the One when you could play many of the games on PC which would run/look better, etc.

6 minutes ago, ErykYT3 said:

The fact that many games branded as "Xbox Exclusive" are on PC is a FEATURE.

Call it however you want.

Fact is that those game run on any decent Windows 10 Machine.

And because of that they are NOT Xbox Exclusive...

Because you can call a Windows PC hardly an XBox...

I'm actually very triggered over how you portrayed the Xbox One here.

Thank the XBox Fans here for it, that don't help you if you have a Problem but make fun of you and insult the whole population of your country in the process.

No Credit card? Who has no Credit Card in this day and age? Most Germans for example. Last actual data I've seen on that show that its about 30% of the population or so.

Don't want to add payment options to your Microsoft Account? Ähm, yeah. because I don't want Microsoft to have my data if they don't need to.

ANd M$ don't need to. They could have used the Money I had in the Xbox Account at the time. But they didn't.

I couldn't buy blue dragon on the Xbox one, nor could I from a Windows PC. It demanded to add payment options and pay it with that.

Luckily I still had my XBox 360 and it is still working. So I could actually buy the game with the 10€ I had in the account (was 4,99€ at the time).

But the XBox Fans here were less than helpful and only made fun of the fact that I didn't want payment options in the account, didn't have a credit card...

In the end, all the things I say about the XBox are M$ fault. Some of that they still could change like a more gaming/app Oriented UI (something like the Nintendo WiiU, Sony PS4 or more in house: the Windows 8 Start Menu. I'd wish they would start with something like the Windows 8 Start Menu on the XBox in the future)...

That the Xbox failed so hard was because they messed up the launch, had the "Privacy invasive" always On Kinect and while having shittier hardware, they were 100€ more without any real innovation like Nintendo did with the Wii...

Don't get me wrong, I hate It and yes, I like almost everyone else, prefers the exclusives on PS.

See, that was my point.

Especially since there are most of the master pieces of the last couple of years and the upcoming ones on the Playstation, you miss out on so much with the XBox. 

God of War got Game of the Year, Spider-Man is one of the best selling games of all times and the best selling Playstation exclusive.

Just look at metacritic. There are a ton of PS4 games that are rated over 8. Switch also has a ton of awesome games, though its a young console, so the best is yet to come.

While for XBox there isn't much hope...

And the "Xbox two" might also come sooner rather than later as there are already rumors about new XBox "consoles" coming this year.

And I probably have more consoles than you, look at that:

1334517666_DSC_5260(Custom).thumb.jpeg.1fcd2237d2da6b9554da00db9f4f9366.jpeg

See that thing between PS3 Super Slim and PS4?? Above my ITX Game PC I had at the time (needed the Board in my Office PC so I don't use it right now)...

Remember, Xbox is Microsoft and (I didn't know the extent of this before using the console) it pretty much runs Windows 10.

Yes, and?

That is kinda the Problem.

And to make it worse, it has bad boot times fo like a minute or two, doesn't come with bluetooth or HDMI CEC Support.

Hell even the Nintendo Switch supports HDMI CEC (though in the simplest way -> can switch on TV and that's it. PS3 supported input from your TV Remote by the way).

This is why there is so many "Xbox" title on PC, Sony doesn't have that advantage. Still, They have more exclusives that appeal to a wider range of people.

NO, that's the wrong conclusion.

There are so many XBox Titles on PC because the XBox sold like shit. The last numbers I've seen estimate like 3 times the sales for PS4 than for XBox.

Hell, even the Switch sells very well, though for me most games are pretty pointless (=WiiU Remakes).

And to make a bit of money with the games, they had to release it on PC for that reason. 

And that makes the XBox One rather pointless as there are no real exclusives!

And the ones that are, are just simple XBox and 360 remakes (Rare Replay and Master Chief Collection).

I definitely get your point as its quite redundant getting the One when you could play many of the games on PC which would run/look better, etc.

Exactly..

The games I can play that I couldn't before are relevant, where I can play it doesn't matter much for me. As long as I have fun with it. And there is nothing to have fun with on the Xbox One. Especially since Forza Horizon 2 is not sold anymore...

And as of right now, I had more fun with 2 games on the Switch (Octopath Traveller and FE Warriors) than the XBox One. Even the failed WiiU was more interesting, though the Input kinda crap...

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't have hated the XBox that much if some people would have been more helpful and less condecending.

Though I've gotten the Xbox One more or less for the Halo Master Chief Collection...

Because I wanted to know if the hype was deserved. Well let me say it this way: It was deserved back in the day.

But the remake of Halo and Halo 2 isn't that great. The Original Textures have a better atmosphere, the newer ones kinda look misplaced in some areas.

Regarding the Xbox/PC exclusive thing, I really like Microsoft's decision to push Xbox Play Anywhere.  I think it's good for gaming in general to push towards cross platform anyway.

In my situation, I juggle between Xbox and PC depending on which room I decide to play in.  I only have 1 console hooked up to the living room TV and that's the Xbox One.  So I can play Forza Horizon series on it then later on continue my progress downstairs on my PC.  If the wife and I play Gears 4 horde mode with a couple of our online buddies, they all play console and I enjoy playing keyboard and mouse and over 100fps on my PC.  We all get to play on our preferred platform, a win for all of us.

Interesting response @Stefan Payne

But a few things to point out, 

9 minutes ago, Stefan Payne said:

And I probably have more consoles than you, look at that:

No.. Just don't do that. 

10 minutes ago, Stefan Payne said:

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't have hated the XBox that much if some people would have been more helpful and less condecending.

You can't shouldn't judge Xbox on the basis of how you were treated by a select group of people who use the console. That's bizarre. How can an individual's opinion of a console be affected by how the user was treated by a select group of people also on the platform. The same thing could and most probably has happened to someone on PS. 

Also remember that PlayStation was far more popular than Xbox among people many years ago (PS1, PS2, XBOX original). So yeah, whilst I know that much has changed since then. The fact that PS4 sells so well isn't that big of a shock.

7 minutes ago, Majinhoju said:

Regarding the Xbox/PC exclusive thing, I really like Microsoft's decision to push Xbox Play Anywhere.  I think it's good for gaming in general to push towards cross platform anyway.

In my situation, I juggle between Xbox and PC depending on which room I decide to play in.  I only have 1 console hooked up to the living room TV and that's the Xbox One.  So I can play Forza Horizon series on it then later on continue my progress downstairs on my PC.  If the wife and I play Gears 4 horde mode with a couple of our online buddies, they all play console and I enjoy playing keyboard and mouse and over 100fps on my PC.  We all get to play on our preferred platform, a win for all of us.

Now, this is what I meant by my original comment. 

How Microsoft has been able to create this "ecosystem" by enabling and working towards crossplay on these different platforms. I don't think this should just be ignored as a "gimmick" to improve sales as it is honestly a good feature. 

24 minutes ago, Stefan Payne said:

ANd M$ don't need to. They could have used the Money I had in the Xbox Account at the time. But they didn't.

I couldn't buy blue dragon on the Xbox one, nor could I from a Windows PC. It demanded to add payment options and pay it with that.

Well... Xbox Isn't going to cater to everyone that uses the console. Trust me, there's absolutely loads about the console that I hate which has a bigger impact on the console but even that doesn't change my view on it all too much. The fact that 

28 minutes ago, Stefan Payne said:

I don't want Microsoft to have my data if they don't need to.

Perfectly fine opinion to have. But this is Microsoft and not the console capability itself or games that run on the platform.

51 minutes ago, ErykYT3 said:

You can't shouldn't judge Xbox on the basis of how you were treated by a select group of people who use the console. That's bizarre.

True but that is how people are. Make fun of them for having a Problem, when they are already not happy and they will really not like it. 

And I haven't seen an Apology from the Person(s) responsible or that they admitted that they were wrong or made a mistake.

Or even tell the disadvantages/Problems the Xbox comes with...

How can an individual's opinion of a console be affected by how the user was treated by a select group of people also on the platform. The same thing could and most probably has happened to someone on PS. 

That's how people are.

Treat them with respect and be honest about the stuff they are going to buy and don't lie about it.
Don't hide things like that you can't go to the store, buy 10 or 20€ prepaid cards and use them to buy the 360 Games without an XBox 360 in da house.

Don't hide that most of the games are on PC anyway.

Don't hide that there is no Bluetooth, so no wireless headsets possble.

Just be honest and don't try to hide stuff from the one asking the questions...

Also remember that PlayStation was far more popular than Xbox among people many years ago (PS1, PS2, XBOX original). So yeah, whilst I know that much has changed since then. The fact that PS4 sells so well isn't that big of a shock.

That is irrelevant, especially since the XBox 360 sold more than Playstation 3.

Not much more, only around 4 Million, according to Wikipedia.

But that shows that M$ was in a very strong position with the XBox One and could have been on par with the PS4, even with the shittier hardware, but they thought it was a good idea to force people to connect to the Internet, to not allow them to share their physical copys of the game with friends or family...

You remember this ad?

https://youtu.be/kWSIFh8ICaA

Yeah, it was that bad...

M$ backpeddled, but the damage was already done...

In my Region people are very mindful about their privacy, when M$ came with the Kinect bundle and that it was always connected to the Console, it pissed people off.

But that wasn't the only thing. That the console had to be connected to the Internet to play physical copys was another thing.

And a couple of other things they totally messed up...

or as James Rolfe likes to say:
"WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?"

Here some Information about the release debacle:

https://www.svg.com/124469/real-reasons-xbox-one-failing/

https://www.geek.com/games/the-xbox-one-has-lost-this-generation-to-switch-and-ps4-1733276/

They wanted to do too much, didn't innovate in the real important parts and thus they lost most of the support they had with the XBox 360...

48 minutes ago, ErykYT3 said:

How Microsoft has been able to create this "ecosystem" by enabling and working towards crossplay on these different platforms. I don't think this should just be ignored as a "gimmick" to improve sales as it is honestly a good feature. 

That's your oppionion.

But then again, why should I buy an Xbox for Gears of War 4? Or other Games? 

What's the point in that? I can already play that on PC. The XBox doesn't increase the amount of games I can play...

And its only a hand full of games that are M$ exclusive that run on both systems anyway...

But then again: Why not open up the XBox and allow them to boot "real Windows"???

But I can also run them on a Subor Z and have the freedom of a real Windows system and an upcoming "Console mode"...

Granted, the Subor Z is a bit more expensive than the XBox One X but it also is more open/free as well...

43 minutes ago, ErykYT3 said:

Well... Xbox Isn't going to cater to everyone that uses the console. Trust me, there's absolutely loads about the console that I hate which has a bigger impact on the console but even that doesn't change my view on it all too much. The fact that 

You remember who the one was that didn't allow crossplay and introduced paid play for multiplayer?

Reminder: It wasn't Sony. They just adopted that with the PS4. But didn't start this stuff. That was Microsoft!

And why are you so dismissive about critizism?? 

Because of the outrage at the start, Microsoft had to change their policies and to roll back all the shit they planned. 

If you defend the shit they do, they have won and won't change ever...

Do you like 24h Logins to play your games? Not beeing able to sell your games and lock that to your account or console?

No? Me neither. That was however what M$ had planned in the beginning. It was only removed because people told them to keep their stuff...

Here an Article from Kotaku about the Removal of the things they planned:

https://kotaku.com/microsoft-is-removing-xbox-one-drm-514390310

And yes, if there is some stupid desicion, you have to criticise it and everyone else should also take that up with M$ so that they know it and are able to change it.

Its this "oh, well, that is how it is" that is the problem and enables the big companys to trample on us - because we let them. 

Not because it makes any sense.

For Nintendo you can get everything they still have online on their Website, with the money in your account.

Same for Sony. You can buy PSP Games online from their Website, with the money in your account.

You can't do that with Microsoft Xbox 360 games. Reason? None. 

43 minutes ago, ErykYT3 said:

Perfectly fine opinion to have. But this is Microsoft and not the console capability itself or games that run on the platform.

And why do you seperate it from each other? Microsoft is the one making the XBox and responsible for the Software as well...
That makes no sense. It belongs together! 

Because you can't install your own operating system on the console, you can't modify it, you have to accept what is presented to you by the manufacturer...

While it is true that that can change, when there are people defending this stuff and not bringing it to the attention of the Manufacturer, nothing will change...

26 minutes ago, Stefan Payne said:

True but that is how people are. Make fun of them for having a Problem, when they are already not happy and they will really not like it. 

And I haven't seen an Apology from the Person(s) responsible or that they admitted that they were wrong or made a mistake.

Or even tell the disadvantages/Problems the Xbox comes with...

I know this is directed to me. But sorry, my only apology is sorry that you completely misunderstood what i was trying to say and completely overreacted to it.

I never once said that you should change your mind on the whole forced payment issue. Hate it all you want. I was trying to tell you that its simply not an issue for everyone.  Its perfectly fine to point out but you were treating it like some code red emergency in nearly every xbox thread.

And I agree. It is bizarre that anything I've said about xbox would have any affect on how you feel about the system.  That's just sounds like a Criminal Minds episode in the making.  Hearing this makes me glad there's an ocean between us.

2 hours ago, ErykYT3 said:

I'm really hoping this takes off and becomes the norm.  What's more frustrating than wanting to play some games with your buddies but everyone owns the game on a different platform.

I cant wait to play some Crackdown 3 on my pc with my xbox buddies.

58 minutes ago, Majinhoju said:

I'm really hoping this takes off and becomes the norm.  What's more frustrating than wanting to play some games with your buddies but everyone owns the game on a different platform.

Yeah for sure. The reason I have an Xbox (Which isn't "mine" really) is that the deal/bundle when I was looking for a console was just insane. 

Meanwhile, PS4 was about £20-30 more with just one game, Fifa. 

Bear in mind, This is me coming from PC. If you're someone who mainly plays on PC, The One S is a brilliant console to buy as it's much cheaper than the PS4 and you can typically pick one up for under £195 in the UK during sales. 

I see it more as a "streaming device", I play console exclusives on it like RDR2 (atm) although it's a lower res which absolutely kills me after going from looking at a 4k screen all day to.. that. Or I'll just use it for streaming services like Netflix as even browsing just feels smoother (as opposed to smart tv which is still extremely good) which is a plus. (Obviously, It will feel "smoother").

Basically, what I'm saying is that if you're a pc gamer at heart, you can and should get an Xbox for the exclusivity that comes with consoles. For me, getting a console was never really to move to the platform, It was to be an addition. Of course, I would be happier with a PS4 but since I'm not a gamer, I couldn't see myself passing up on the deal with the X to get the base PS pretty much and then have to buy all games anyway which would come out to be around the price of two X's anyway. 

I'm just expressing my opinion here. Perhaps this is how Microsoft intended the console to be used, perhaps not. 

Correct me if I'm wrong but Xbox has ALWAYS meant to be for a laid back experience. I mean. Gears of war, sunset overdrive, etc. They are all games I associate with just playing almost casually. Meaning, I never remember MS really pushing that hard for the One to be like the PS4 for lack of words. 

To elaborate, I see Overwatch being played on a PlayStation but definitely not an Xbox. So I guess I see the PlayStation platform as more competitive.

Now to clear everything up, and to avoid anyone from getting triggered. 

Yes, I know that there are games on Xbox that are not a "laid back" experience, What I mean is that I've always seen the Xbox as the lesser console to the PS4. This is mainly due to the lack of games, If I wanted to really get into the "console experience", I would just get a PS4 but I don't and that's why the Xbox exists. 

That's my view on it. 

3 hours ago, Majinhoju said:

Yep, my buddy is looking to get a PC in his upstairs office, and it's cool that he can play his games in his downstairs studio on his Xbox, in his office, or in the living room on the big TV. Microsoft did the cool thing, and it works pretty well from what I've seen.

#Muricaparrotgang

1 hour ago, Majinhoju said:

Also the cool thing is you only have to buy the game once right? So you don't even have to buy multiple copies anymore either.

#Muricaparrotgang

1 hour ago, ErykYT3 said:

For me, getting a console was never really to move to the platform, It was to be an addition

That's how I in general see it. That a Console should be seen as an addition to your "High end" Game PC.

And it should 

Of course, I would be happier with a PS4

exactly!

...wich is what some people here are "forgetting" to mention, that the Switch or Playstation 4 have the exclusives.

Again, I do not care about the Plattform, I just want to play the game. And for someone who just wants to play the game (alone), there is nothing on the XBox for me...

Correct me if I'm wrong but Xbox has ALWAYS meant to be for a laid back experience.

I don't understand what you mean or how that should be different from other consoles, especially Nintendo...

There is a whole bunch of Games on both competitor, especially Super Mario Odyssey is rather easy for a Mario Game...

Horizon Zero Dawn isn't a particularly hard game either (well, with the Shield Weaver Armor)...

Bloodborne, as it is basically a Dark Souls variant however is...

avoid anyone from getting triggered. 

We aren't here survivors of some really bad stuff, weren't in War Zones or similar traumatic situations.

I'm with Tim on this, that Trigger Warnings have their place and reason but an oppionion is nothing to be triggered about or by!

If you have flashbacks when a car misfires, that is a trigger...

Another trigger warning that makes sense is the epilepsy one...

What I mean is that I've always seen the Xbox as the lesser console to the PS4

I didn't as I choose the Xbox 360 exclusively back in 2010. In hinsight a PS3 might have been a slightly better choice (the Online Features of White Knight Chronicles sound interesting)...

But on the other hand I got Tales of Vesperia, Magnacarta 2, Lost Odyssey...

But in the End I was pretty happy with the 360. It was a decent Console. Especially if you have all your games on disc and happen to have a 250GB WD Black lying around (that reminds me that I should probably get a HDD cage for the HDD). And only WD HDDs were compatible with the XBox 360...

And to make you laugh: I didn't want to buy the PS4 at all!

I wanted to buy a WiiU!!

And I almost did buy the WiiU instead of the PS4 - but the price turned me down, so I got a PS4 PRO with Horizon Zero Dawn for 30€ more (at 399€) + Shipping...

8 minutes ago, TheBritishVillain said:

Omg, i bought an Xbox One X yesterday for those 2 games, lol.

So basically the same reason I got my XBox One (X) as well ;)

58 minutes ago, TheBritishVillain said:

But what game specifically on Rare Replay though eh? That is the real question.

Viva Pinata and the Banjo games, probably Kameo and Conker's bad fur day.

Thanls for thw replies, and yes I have a gaming pc but Im realizing I just like gaming with a controller way more. 

Ive actually been buying pc ports for the xbox one games like wasteland 2 amd pillers of etermit are to me much funner with a controller to me

Btw I plan on buying rare replays jet force Gemini on the n64 was my first game I owned and I never beated it