What is this Worth?

Paul Rudd

Here are the specs...

• AMD Ryzen 3 2200G
  • AMD Wraith Stealth Cooler
  • Asus RX 570 ROG Strix 4GB
  • ASRock B450M-HDV (updated BIOS to 1.30)
  • G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-2400 (currently clocked at advertised speed)
  • Inland Professional 120GB SSD
  • Seagate BarraCuda 7200 RPM 1TB HDD
  • Thermaltake View 31 TG ATX Mid Tower Case
  • Corsair CX (2017) 550 W 80+ Bronze
  • 2 Riing 140mm Case Fans

Even though it's new, you probably won't get much more than what you paid for the components on the used market. Trying to build PCs and sell them on Facebook Marketplace and whatnot just isn't a good business model. Also, a buyer might get upset about having a little "Activate Windows" watermark until they pay another $100.

Of course, all that is assuming that you don't get lucky and manage to sell it on here, in which case you'll end up a lot better off.

"uhhhhhhhhhh yeah id go with the 2600 its a good value for the money"

once its used, substract 20% off.

i think people won't mind the "activate windows", just direct them to legit or graymarket.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

11 minutes ago, 2SidedPolygon said:

Even though it's new, you probably won't get much more than what you paid for the components on the used market.

I don't expect much more... "I built this PC with the intention of giving a lucky gamer a better deal than they'd find at a place like Bestbuy."

Trying to build PCs and sell them on Facebook Marketplace and whatnot just isn't a good business model.

I totally agree. Especially if said people don't have a clue what they're doing.

Also, a buyer might get upset about having a little "Activate Windows" watermark until they pay another $100.

Since when is Windows 10 Home $100?

Of course, all that is assuming that you don't get lucky and manage to sell it on here, in which case you'll end up a lot better off.

"I built this PC with the intention of giving a lucky gamer a better deal than they'd find at a place like Bestbuy."

I wouldn't say I'm the lucky one.

7 minutes ago, SupaKomputa said:

once its used, substract 20% off.

So you're saying 45 minutes to an hour to setup and install Windows and drivers and updating the BIOS is used? Pretty sure Bestbuy does the exact same thing. I'm willing to bet they even ran a few games for a few minutes like I did. I dunno about you but I'd rather know that games run well on my PC than not knowing.

i think people won't mind the "activate windows"

They won't mind it at all.

just direct them to legit or graymarket.

Pretty sure they know the direction to take already.

2 minutes ago, A Random Dude said:

I don't expect much more... "I built this PC with the intention of giving a lucky gamer a better deal than they'd find at a place like Bestbuy."

I totally agree. Especially if said people don't have a clue what they're doing.

Since when is Windows 10 Home $100?

"I built this PC with the intention of giving a lucky gamer a better deal than they'd find at a place like Bestbuy."

I wouldn't say I'm the lucky one.

So you're saying 45 minutes to an hour to setup and install Windows and drivers and updating the BIOS is used? Pretty sure Bestbuy does the exact same thing.

They won't mind it at all.

Pretty sure they know the direction to take already.

Unless you're buying from the grey market, it's about $100.

28 minutes ago, 2SidedPolygon said:

Unless you're buying from the grey market, it's about $100.

So you're saying that this $13.87 Windows 10 Home Key is the grey market?

I don't see much difference between that $13.87 Windows 10 Home Key and this $119.99 Windows 10 Home Key.

Both are sold online from random websites.

The only difference I see is $106.12. And that $119.99 link wants $13.61 for shipping.

That's $133.60. Now the difference is $119.73. Only a fool would pay that. That's the price of a brand new CPU or GPU.

41 minutes ago, A Random Dude said:

So you're saying that this $13.87 Windows 10 Home Key is the grey market?

I don't see much difference between that $13.87 Windows 10 Home Key and this $119.99 Windows 10 Home Key.

Both are sold online from random websites.

The only difference I see is $106.12. And that $119.99 link wants $13.61 for shipping.

That's $133.60. Now the difference is $119.73. Only a fool would pay that. That's the price of a brand new CPU or GPU.

Only a fool? Only somebody who doesn't want to support theft would buy that. The grey market is supplied by thieves who buy up a bunch of legit keys through stolen credit card information, then sell it on those websites for absurdly low prices to get rid of them all as fast as possible so that the money they stole can't be traced.

22 minutes ago, 2SidedPolygon said:

Only a fool? Only somebody who doesn't want to support theft would buy that. The grey market is supplied by thieves who buy up a bunch of legit keys through stolen credit card information, then sell it on those websites for absurdly low prices to get rid of them all as fast as possible so that the money they stole can't be traced.

How can you prove the keys being sold on that website above for $133.60 aren't a part of this "grey market" that you speak of? Both are websites on the internet.

3 minutes ago, A Random Dude said:

How can you prove the keys being sold on that website above for $133.60 aren't a part of this "grey market" that you speak of? Both are websites on the internet.

Because criminals need to get rid of the keys quickly. That's why they're sold for so cheap.

10 minutes ago, 2SidedPolygon said:

Because criminals need to get rid of the keys quickly. That's why they're sold for so cheap.

You're not answering my question. How can you prove that the $100 keys are NOT also sold by criminals? ALL keys are sold from websites on the internet.

2 minutes ago, A Random Dude said:

You're not answering my question. How can you prove that the $100 keys are NOT also sold by criminals? ALL keys are sold from websites on the internet.

You can't for certain, but there's a hell of a lot better chance that you're getting a legit one, because, again, criminals don't want to hold onto the keys. If they're cheap, they'll sell faster.

6 minutes ago, 2SidedPolygon said:

You can't for certain, but there's a hell of a lot better chance that you're getting a legit one, because, again, criminals don't want to hold onto the keys. If they're cheap, they'll sell faster.

This makes no sense. If you can't prove that either one is legit or not legit, there's nothing to worry about buying from either one. Except for the extra money you're putting up. Just because one is cheap and the other is not, doesn't just mean the cheaper one is coming from a criminal. Until you prove this, no offense, but you make absolutely no sense.