Planning on buying a used prebuilt

Newtthenewt

I am trying to buy a used prebuilt pc off Craigslist but am not wanting to spend much more than 500. I don't need anything crazy. I found a couple on CL and was wanting some advice on which to go with if either of them.

https://stlouis.craigslist.org/sys/d/saint-charles-gaming-pc-i5-gtxgb-ssd/6776677873.html

https://stlouis.craigslist.org/sys/d/saint-louis-gaming-desktop-pc-msi/6789783748.html

If anyone can give some advice that would be great. Thanks

I would get the second one, don't even consider the first. The second has a better processor, uses DDR4 memory, and decent graphics card that will actually be great for 1080p. Make sure the PC works as it should and you should have a great deal on your hands.

Ryzen 3800X + MEG ACE w/ Radeon VII + 3733 c14 Trident Z RGB in a Custom Loop powered by Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium
PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | My Build

Considering the GTX 1060 6gb starts at over $200, that's a pretty good deal. Just make sure all the components are there and that you can test the system first. At least make sure it turns on and check the specs using something like CPU-Z.

Ryzen 3800X + MEG ACE w/ Radeon VII + 3733 c14 Trident Z RGB in a Custom Loop powered by Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium

I'd probably opt for the Dell, it's got less SSD and a 1060 3gb but it's running 16gb ram in dual channel and at least you can tell the owner/builder gave a shit while putting it together, and there's always the option to drop in a used i7 3770 down the line if you wish.

Don't think i would purchase any PC that looks like the 2nd one,  newer parts or not.

5 minutes ago, glenalz81 said:

I'd probably opt for the Dell, it's got less SSD and a 1060 3gb but it's running 16gb ram in dual channel and at least you can tell the owner/builder gave a shit while putting it together, and there's always the option to drop in a used i7 3770 down the line if you wish.

Don't think i would purchase any PC that looks like the 2nd one,  newer parts or not.

Because someone sucks at cable management? In that case, your loss.

I wouldn't get the first PC. Long as you test the second one you should be able to tell if it's worth it or not. And good thing is, about the RAM, since they used one 8gb stick, guess what, you can add another 8gb stick and run dual channel with 16gb! Who knew, right? This one will last you longer and not need an upgrade as soon as the first one and prices are near identical.

If that's all you have to spend, get the better system, assuming there's nothing wrong with it. Don't worry about what a computer looks like and worry more about how it performs.

2 hours ago, ChewToy! said:

Because someone sucks at cable management?

No not at all, the only way to know if someone sucks at cable management would be to see their attempt in the first place, on that PC there is no attempt.

Triggered aswell lol.. it's an ITX board in an ATX case.

If i was looking for a gaming PC for 500 bucks i would certainly skip over this one.