Need help Identifying an Intel 2011v3 CPU

Just got it off ebay... Seller said it was something else.. I can't be positive what it really is...

Clocks only to 2400mhz with NO turbo

10 core / 20 threads

Can someone provide a source so i can break down the Family, Model, Stepping, Ext: Family/model and Revision to tell EXACTLY What this is...

BTW its an ES CPU..  But what sample is it of???

CPU Z image below.

Screenshot (4).png

check the bios on the board or update it so it can list the cpu correctly

from what i can see theres several 2.4ghz v3 e5 xeons with 10 cores

Just now, emosun said:

check the bios on the board or update it so it can list the cpu correctly

from what i can see theres several 2.4ghz v3 e5 xeons with 10 cores

I'm currently running the most up-to-date bios version for the EVGA X99 Classifed..

Even the Intel Processor ID tool just says its an ES so it wont ID it.. 

Thats why im looking to decode the other info specifically.

Thanks

im guessing its a Xeon E5-2649 as it fits the description and doesnt support turbo

1 minute ago, TheRandomness said:

With some deduction and reasoning:
https://ark.intel.com/products/81706/Intel-Xeon-Processor-E5-2660-v3-25M-Cache-2-60-GHz-

This has 10C/20T, the same listed TDP and very similar, but higher clocks.

Thank you for your effort, however I'm looking for a Clear ID.. Plus the 2660 should turbo upto 3.3ghz and this chip doesn't turbo at all, leaving me to deduce that it's something completely different.

I just notice your screenshot says its an engineering sample , so yeah it'll be hard to determine what it ended up being when they finally made it

Just curious, how does this lack of turbo and odd spec affect overclocking? iirc all X99 CPUs can be overclocked, even the Xeons

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 hour ago, emosun said:

I just notice your screenshot says its an engineering sample , so yeah it'll be hard to determine what it ended up being when they finally made it

I know... lol  That's why I'm looking for someone who can help me "decode" the Intel product information to get me the answers i'm looking for. :)

59 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

Just curious, how does this lack of turbo and odd spec affect overclocking? iirc all X99 CPUs can be overclocked, even the Xeons

Well, I'm not able to get 1mhz extra out of it.. I was assuming it was locked.  And I guess because the bios can't ID the chip, any "Factory" overclock settings EVGA added to the bios is just disabled.

I wish i could, because Idle voltages are low and stressing it at 2.4ghz on all cores doesn't budge it from around 0.720volts.. So she'd probably be a good overclocker...

1 minute ago, JamesTheGreat said:

Well, I'm not able to get 1mhz extra out of it.. I was assuming it was locked.  And I guess because the bios can't ID the chip, any "Factory" overclock settings EVGA added to the bios is just disabled.

I wish i could, because Idle voltages are low and stressing it at 2.4ghz on all cores doesn't budge it from around 0.720volts.. So she'd probably be a good overclocker...

You could always resort to BCLK if you must.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

25 minutes ago, JamesTheGreat said:

Thank you for your effort, however I'm looking for a Clear ID.. Plus the 2660 should turbo upto 3.3ghz and this chip doesn't turbo at all, leaving me to deduce that it's something completely different.

But it's an engineering sample, so turbo could be disabled because of that.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

50 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

You could always resort to BCLK if you must.

I could, but the strangest parts, are what I still don't know.. And what i do know is this...
It will not TURBO up when it's asked... Or at all.. 
Intel Extreme Tuning shows the ship should be 2.4-3.0ghz, but it NEVER ramps up..

If I change the BCLK  to say 120, then 24x120 Should Equal 2.880ghz, but She jumps a tiny  little hair and maxes out at 2.497ghz.. Noting else matters... So to me it's not moving at all.. Going up at all under stock turbo speeds could be something in the CPU letting a little loose and not what I'm doing.. 

Something is VERY off about this processor, or the information i have on it... Either way, I need more information in order to make this dog bite!!! 

43 minutes ago, TheRandomness said:

But it's an engineering sample, so turbo could be disabled because of that.

Anything COULD be... But in my experience, ES don't usually have less.. Unless you think there should be something more and you're just wrong about what it is... I've never had such a hard time IDing a chip before.. One thing I know to be true.. If I felt like waiting for Intel to get back to me with what it really is, then I'd have my definite answer... 
I just don't know why someone doesn't have a resource somewhere to ID the chip by the production code.. I know Intel can..  I'm just really hoping someone else can find the info and hand it over, because I sure as shit can't find it anymore... Its like the site was wiped and they just stopped giving 2 shits about whats out there... Which could be true, given the recent stagnant speed developments and the lack of innovation from team blue... It's no wonder their 30yo bankrupt competitor is starting to kick Intel's asses again.. Lets hope AMD can keep their shit together long enough to provide some real competition when silicon disappears all together. 

On the lack of turbo, have you tried running a single thread on it, and monitor all core clocks with something like hwinfo64? Do they never go up at all, or are you just testing all core load?

I have a similar 14 core ES, which reports as 20-26, and all core runs at 2.3. The retail version I think is supposed to hit 2.5+ all core, and 3.0 single core.

Gaming system: R7 7800X3D, Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming Wifi, Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE ARGB, Corsair Vengeance 2x 32GB 6000C30, RTX 4070, MSI MPG A850G, Fractal Design North, Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Productivity system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, 64GB ram (mixed), RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, random 1080p + 720p displays.
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

1 hour ago, JamesTheGreat said:

-snip-

Anything COULD be... But in my experience, ES don't usually have less.. Unless you think there should be something more and you're just wrong about what it is... I've never had such a hard time IDing a chip before.. One thing I know to be true.. If I felt like waiting for Intel to get back to me with what it really is, then I'd have my definite answer... 
I just don't know why someone doesn't have a resource somewhere to ID the chip by the production code.. I know Intel can..  I'm just really hoping someone else can find the info and hand it over, because I sure as shit can't find it anymore... Its like the site was wiped and they just stopped giving 2 shits about whats out there... Which could be true, given the recent stagnant speed developments and the lack of innovation from team blue... It's no wonder their 30yo bankrupt competitor is starting to kick Intel's asses again.. Lets hope AMD can keep their shit together long enough to provide some real competition when silicon disappears all together. 

Doesn't Intel prohibit the sales of ES chips, so contacting them about it might be a bad idea? And also, since this chip is an ES (though we don't know at what point the sample was taken) it could have a few things disabled for the purpose of testing. And another thing, I'd call AMD anything but bankrupt lmao. And they're 50 years old this year.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

7 minutes ago, TheRandomness said:

Doesn't Intel prohibit the sales of ES chips, so contacting them about it might be a bad idea? And also, since this chip is an ES (though we don't know at what point the sample was taken) it could have a few things disabled for the purpose of testing. And another thing, I'd call AMD anything but bankrupt lmao. And they're 50 years old this year.

They do, but don't really do anything about it, unless you're an actual OEM slipping ES into your production runs on purpose.  And you're right.  Without IDENTIFYING THE CHIP, we will NEVER know when it was ran through... 

And AMD maybe 50years old, but only have been a thorn in Intel's side since they began producing the AM386 which was a clone of Intel's 386 which AMD gained the ability to produce through some sort of 2nd source microchip provider agreement they made with Intel back in the early 80's due to IBM's desire to have multiple suppliers.. So really, there weren't what I'd call "bothersome" to Intel until the early 90's which was about 30years ago now.. Give or take a few.. 

And here is at least one article from the past few years talking about the previous bad business strategies of AMD, and how they are in over $2,000,000,000 in debt as of 2016.... Without any GREAT products except for Zen to save them... I've been a hard Intel fan for a lot of years, since My AMD Athlon 700 anyway, and even I stepped up and got a Brand New Ryzen 7 1800x when they arrived.. But to be fair, in July 2018 I also pony'd up for an I7-8086k 40 year anni edition which is what i'm on right now.. Who got more $ outa me, and RIGHT before they released 9th gen JUNK too..If I'd waited a few months I would've had a z390 instead of 370, and for $50 more I could've lost Hyper-Threading.. 

Here's one link... You can google it... AMD is way under in market share in both the CPU and GPU markets currently.. Hopefully Zen2/3 will save them.. If they just boosted clock speeds 15% OOTB..

https://www.fool.com/investing/general/2016/01/26/can-advanced-micro-devices-inc-survive-in-2016.aspx

3 hours ago, porina said:

On the lack of turbo, have you tried running a single thread on it, and monitor all core clocks with something like hwinfo64? Do they never go up at all, or are you just testing all core load?

I have a similar 14 core ES, which reports as 20-26, and all core runs at 2.3. The retail version I think is supposed to hit 2.5+ all core, and 3.0 single core.

And Sorry I just posted the last one.. And now I'm posting again.. I literally typed it, got a phone call and forgot... But,,,

I've removed the ES chip from my x99 board, and installed a loaner I pulled from an old Server that I picked up as scrap a few months ago.. Its an E5-1603v3 4core... It has EVERY overclocking option available in the EVGA X99 Classified's bios menu... Turbo's like a wed dream on all 4cores, but doesn't have HT and is still dog shit compared to everything else I own.. I've just recently repaired this EVGA board, FREEBEE, (all 3 bios chips failed) so I'm looking to do something with it... Maybe just set it on fire from lack of VRM cooling... IDK yet..

However the stock 1603v3 is already upto 4.333ghz from 2.8ghz, on all 4 cores.. Running 1089 cinebench CPU stable at 0.932volts, on air with server grade heat sink and HI-RPM (VeryLoud) fan...

BTW, Was getting 1450 CPU in Cinebench with the ES chip at stock with no turbo.. 

Maybe I'll jump right to 5ghz and see what happens... I'll post a screen shot if it works from there, but i doubt it will.

If anyone can find the decoder for the Intel Prod #'s.... PLEASE!!! Let me know...

Thanks everyone!

10 minutes ago, X_X said:

Run HWiNFO and check QDF number under summary.

On the CPU in question.. I get the following:

QGG7 (Pre-QS)

Can you tell what it is?

QGG7 returns some mentions of it being a 2660

but again , its not impossible for an engineering sample to have something omitted for testing purposes , and or , for an unsupported cpu to simply not have every feature enabled in a consumer board.

2 minutes ago, emosun said:

QGG7 returns some mentions of it being a 2660

but again , its not impossible for an engineering sample to have something omitted for testing purposes , and or , for an unsupported cpu to simply not have every feature enabled in a consumer board.

Can you post the link you found that relates it to a 2660?

-= Thread Cleaned =- 

Lets keep this civil.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

here

ES V3's usually have lower clocks than their equivalent production unit. E5-V3 Xeons are not overclockable except for the higher 16xx series.

More info might be obtained here

AWOL