PC Turing off While doing any Overclocking: i9-9960X

Max_Settings

I am trying to overclock my friends new workstation PC, however, I am having quite the hard time. For starters here are essential specs.

Intel Cored i9-9960X

Asus X299 TUF MK1

Corsair H150i Pro

4x8gb Corsair LPX 3200mhz

EVGA G3 1000W

The issue is this PC seems to shut off while running stress tests like Aida 64 and Prime95 while doing any sort of overclocking. Now the odd thing is Prime95 makes the PC shut off in exactly 4:57 even with everything at bone stock settings, I timed multiple runs while overclocked and at stock and every single one makes the PC turn off in exactly 4:57. The strange thing is I have not seen a PC turn off when it crashes, typically it just blue screens. Aida64 doesn't crash at stock, but you tweak anything in the BIOS and it turns the PC off in 2s. I am wondering if anyone knows why the PC just turns off instead of blue screening?

Here is what I did in the BIOS

XMP Enabled

All Core Enhancement Disabled

AVX Negative Offset 3

AVX 512 Negative Offset 3

CPU Core Ratio I've tried 4.4 on all cores which is stock clocks all the way to 4.7 nothing has blue screened and passes other benchmarks but never stress tests

CPU SVID Support Disabled

Load Line Calibration Level 3

CPU Current Capability 140% (I've noticed some people also have an option for 200% but I don't have that option?)

VRM Spread Spectrum Disabled

CPU Power Phase Control: Extreme

Speed Step I've tried Enabled and Disabled

Turbo Mode I've tried Enabled and Disabled

Long Duration Package Power Limit 4095 (max)

Short Duration Package Power Limit 4095 (max)

CPU Integrated VR Current Limit 1023.875 (max)

CPU VR Fault Management Disabled

CPU Integrated VR Efficiency Management High Performance

CPU Core Voltage Manual I've tried 1.2-1.28V (doesn't matter even when doing all cores at 4.4)

CPU Input Voltage I've tried 1.85-2V

I also get this error when I start Windows that says "ITBM Driver not available. Exiting application" Not sure if that matters?

Also I tried Asus AI Tweaker and that too makes the PC shut off under any hard stress tests like AIDA  or Prime. Something very odd is going on here. I check all my connections and they are fine, I certainly have enough power, but for whatever reason any tweak to anything in the BIOS and the PC shuts off while under any stress test. And remember in Prime95 even at bone stock it shuts off in exactly 4:57 just like it does with an OC applied. Does anyone have any idea what the issue is?

14 minutes ago, Max_Settings said:

Does anyone have any idea what the issue is?

You didn't mention temps, which are relevant.

CPU-AMD Ryzen 9 5900X / CPU Cooler-Noctua NH-D15S / Motherboard-MSI MPG X570S CARBON MAX WIFI / Memory-G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64 GB (4 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 / Storage-WD WDBSLA0040HNC-NRSN 4TB 3.5" 7200 RPM / Storage-WD Red 6 TB 3.5" 5400 RPM--Crucial P3 4TB 3.0X4 NVME--Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB 4.0X4 NVME--Corsair MP600 CORE 2TB 4.0X4 NVME / Video Card-XFX Radeon RX 6900 XT / Case-Lian Li O11 Air Mini / PSU-SeaSonic PRIME 1000 W 80+ Gold / Sound Card-Creative Labs Sound Blaster Z w/Shield / Monitor-BenQ GW2765HT 27.0" 2560 x 1440 60 Hz / Monitor-Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27.0" 2560 x 1440 170 Hz / Keyboard-Logitech G Pro / Mouse-Logitech G502 LIGHTSPEED Wireless / UPS-CyberPower GX1325U / Fan Controller-Corsair Commander Pro

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 5800X / CPU Cooler-Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX / Motherboard-Asus TUF GAMING X570-PRO (WI-FI) / MemoryG.Skill Trident Z Neo 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 / Storage-Western Digital Black SN750 SE 1TB 4.0X4 NVME--Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB 3.0X4 NVME--Seagate Barracuda Compute 3 TB 3.5" 5400 RPM / Video Card-Asus KO Gaming OC GeForce RTX 3070 / Case-Lian Li O11 Air Mini / Case-LIAN LI PCI-E 16 X 4.0 Black Riser / PSU-EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G+ Gold / Monitor-LG 22BK430H-B 21.5" 1920 x 1080 60 Hz / Monitor-MSI Optix 271CQP 27.0" 2560 x 1440 165 Hz Curved / Keyboard-Logitech G413 TKL SE / Mouse-Logitech G502 HERO Wired / UPS-CyberPower CP1350PFCLCD / Fan Controller-Corsair  Commander Pro / Sony HT-S200F Soundbar

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 5700X / CPU Cooler-Scythe Mugen 5 Black Edition / Motherboard-MSI MPG B550I GAMING EDGE MAX WIFI / Memory-G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 / Storage-Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB 3.0X4 NVME--PNY CS900 1TB 2.5" SSD--Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB NVME/ Video Card-EVGA XC GAMING GeForce RTX 3060 / Case-Cooler NR200P / PSU-Cooler Master V750 SFX GOLD / Keyboard-HyperX Alloy Origins Core / Mouse-Logitech G502 HERO Wired / UPS-CyberPower LE1000DG-FC / Fan Controller-NZXT RGB & Fan Controller

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 5700G / CPU Cooler-Scythe Shuriken 2 / Motherboard-Gigabyte X570 I AORUS PRO WIFI / Memory-Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3800 CL18 / Storage-WD Blue 1TB 2.5" SSD--Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB 3.0X4 NVME--Patriot P310 1.92TB 3.0X4 NVME / Case-InWin B1 Mesh / Keyboard-Logitech K380 / Mouse-Logitech G502 LIGHTSPEED Wireless / Monitor-ViewSonic VX1755 17" 1080p Portable IPS Gaming Monitor 144Hz / Speakers-Creative Muvo Go (Black)

2 minutes ago, wONKEyeYEs said:

Test doesn’t run for long enough to temps to be relevant. But other tests they are in the 80s

3 minutes ago, wONKEyeYEs said:

Aida 64 when it crashes the log shows temps below 60C

Why that board? Rampage VI Apex is the only way to go for X299. Plug in all the power connectors too.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

2 minutes ago, DildorTheDecent said:

Why that board? Rampage VI Apex is the only way to go for X299. Plug in all the power connectors too.

All that was in budget. Not trying to do extreme OC just a little. And yes I have the 8pin and 4pin plugged in.

Just now, Max_Settings said:

All that was in budget. Not trying to do extreme OC just a little. And yes I have the 8pin and 4pin plugged in.

Doesn't matter what level of OC you're wanting to do, 16 cores is going to suck power. Need a quality board.

Nobody who runs that TUF board runs anything higher than a 7900X. Hell, even the 7900X can be tough for that board.

https://www.overclock3d.net/reviews/cpu_mainboard/asus_tuf_x299_mark_1_review/5

>failed the Prime95 VRM tests.

That's says it all really.

Just save yourself or whoever is using it the bother and buy a proper board.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

2 hours ago, DildorTheDecent said:

Doesn't matter what level of OC you're wanting to do, 16 cores is going to suck power. Need a quality board.

Nobody who runs that TUF board runs anything higher than a 7900X. Hell, even the 7900X can be tough for that board.

https://www.overclock3d.net/reviews/cpu_mainboard/asus_tuf_x299_mark_1_review/5

>failed the Prime95 VRM tests.

That's says it all really.

Just save yourself or whoever is using it the bother and buy a proper board.

Would this board work better? https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1441678-REG/asus_prime_x299_deluxe_ii_prime_x299_deluxeii_x299_motherboard.html