BenQ xl2411 144hz troubles

shadowz

Hey everyone!

So I am having some trouble with my BenQ xl2411 monitor. I recently bought an RTX 2070 and the RTX 2070 has 4 dps and 1 hdmi. Now the problem here is the xl2411 only has 1 hdmi, 1 dvi, and 1 vga. I bought a DVI to DP adapter (made sure it was dual link both cable and adapter) and the monitor keeps displaying the message Incorrect Cable. Please use the DVI cable that came with the monitor except the monitor didnt come with any DVI cables, but nontheless this DVI cable I am using with the adapter was perfectly fine with this monitor when it was connected directly to my old GTX 1060 so that leads me to believe that either something messed up with the monitor, the adapter doesnt work, or the monitor doesnt like the adapter. With this DVI mess, I decided to go out and get an HDMI 2.0 cable which supports 144hz no problem, but then I hit another road block with this monitor not support 144hz with an HDMI cable so now I am completely lost on what I can do here. Any help is much appreciated, thank you in advance.

Specs:

i7-6700k
MSI RTX 2070 Ventus 8G
ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming mobo
16gb G. Skill Ripjaws 3200
 EVGA gold cert 650w PSU
2tb Seagate HDD
860 evo 250gb

You should have bought a DVI dual link cable, not an adapter. DVI dual link can do 144hz.

Edited by mxk.
I can't read.

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

15 minutes ago, mxk. said:

You should have bought a DVI dual link cable, not an adapter. DVI dual link can do 144hz.

An adapter is really the only way OP can go if he wanted DVI as the card he has does not have a DVI port on it.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Just now, handymanshandle said:

An adapter is really the only way OP can go if he wanted DVI as the card he has does not have a DVI port on it.

I'm retarded don't worry.

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

12 hours ago, Glenwing said:

Which adapter did you get?

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00EDT01TO/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

1 hour ago, shadowz said:

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00EDT01TO/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Link isn't working for me :/

Just make sure it's an actual Dual-Link DVI adapter, there are a lot of fake Dual-Link adapters on the market, so you can't just buy any adapter that says "Dual-Link" in the title.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/729232-guide-to-display-cables-adapters-v2/?output=DP&input=DVI

9 hours ago, Glenwing said:

Link isn't working for me :/

Just make sure it's an actual Dual-Link DVI adapter, there are a lot of fake Dual-Link adapters on the market, so you can't just buy any adapter that says "Dual-Link" in the title.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/729232-guide-to-display-cables-adapters-v2/?output=DP&input=DVI

i checked to make sure it was a real dual-link adapter cause i read alot about alot of fake ones so that shouldnt be the problem