Best cheap audio interface for AT2020?

Rocko

My microphone recently broke so I'm thinking about getting the AT2020 but I don't really know anything about XLR microphones, so what's the best interface setup to get for about $150 in total? the microphone is $100. Thanks

CPUIntel Core i7-4790K 4.8GHz Moherboard: MSI Z97 SLI Krait Edition Memory: HyperX FURY White 24GB DDR3 1866MHz GPU: Asus GTX 970 Turbo

PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750w SSD: Crucial MX200 250GB HDDWB Blue 1TB Monitor: (2x) BenQ GL2460HM 24-Inch Case: NZXT S340 White

I bought a mic cheap of ebay brand new. I forget the name now, but that thing came with a boom arm and boxy thing it plugs into for 40 quid. Has worked a charm and sounds pretty good. If you tweak some stuff in post then it would sound as good as a yeti!

26 minutes ago, Rocko said:

My microphone recently broke so I'm thinking about getting the AT2020 but I don't really know anything about XLR microphones, so what's the best interface setup to get for about $150 in total? the microphone is $100. Thanks

so you want a 50$ Audio interface? that's not the way to go about things, a better audio interface makes a big difference, and at the 50$ price point it's pretty hard to recommend anything because most of them are crap

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

2 minutes ago, syn2112 said:

so you want a 50$ Audio interface? that's not the way to go about things, a better audio interface makes a big difference, and at the 50$ price point it's pretty hard to recommend anything because most of them are crap

what about this? https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FFIGZF6/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

CPUIntel Core i7-4790K 4.8GHz Moherboard: MSI Z97 SLI Krait Edition Memory: HyperX FURY White 24GB DDR3 1866MHz GPU: Asus GTX 970 Turbo

PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750w SSD: Crucial MX200 250GB HDDWB Blue 1TB Monitor: (2x) BenQ GL2460HM 24-Inch Case: NZXT S340 White

2 minutes ago, syn2112 said:

it's pretty "okay" but for a 100$ Mic i recommend you go for the UMC202HD instead, it has better preamps.

the 2 channel one, so this? https://www.amazon.com/Behringer-UMC202HD-BEHRINGER-U-PHORIA-2-Channel/dp/B00QHURUBE/ref=sr_1_3?s=musical-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1547334326&sr=1-3&keywords=%2BUMC202HD&th=1

Just now, syn2112 said:

yep, that's a pretty decent Audio Interface

is the one channel one different other than just having one less Channel?

2 minutes ago, Rocko said:

Yes, as i said the UMC22 has worse Preamps, which is very important for a microphone, and it also has lower Sample Rate and Bit depth, so 16bit/48khz, instead of the 24bit/192khz which the UMC202HD has, but that's not really that important.

Having better Preamps means less noise when you increase the gain, so you can have the Mic be pretty loud while also being pretty quiet in terms of noise when you stop talking (to a point ofc, there will always be "some" noise depending on gain)

7 minutes ago, Rocko said:

if you're satisfied with the quality then you can get it, the rumbling noise you hear when he turns up the gain is not from the Audio Interface, so i would say it's pretty good