SoundCard for instrument recording

WereCat

Hi, my friend does want to record guitar music but he got really bad on board audio which is catching a lot of noise. I dont know much about audio so that is why I am here. We were looking at something like this http://zvukove-karty.heureka.sk/creative-sound-blaster-x-fi-surround-5_1-pro/specifikace/#section Budget is up to 50€. Should he pick this sound card or are there better options? It should also have at least one mic and two headphone connectors for jack.

Hi, my friend does want to record guitar music but he got really bad on board audio which is catching a lot of noise. I dont know much about audio so that is why I am here. We were looking at something like this http://zvukove-karty.heureka.sk/creative-sound-blaster-x-fi-surround-5_1-pro/specifikace/#section Budget is up to 50€. Should he pick this sound card or are there better options? It should also have at least one mic and two headphone connectors for jack.

I use a creative live usb from 2006, no noise and very low latency.  But before you run out and try to find something, are you sure the noise is coming from the onboard and not from your pre or other devices in the chain before the computer.  Guitar effects units can introduce a lot of buzz, especially when they are high gain and driving style effects.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I use a creative live usb from 2006, no noise and very low latency. But before you run out and try to find something, are you sure the noise is coming from the onboard and not from your pre or other devices in the chain before the computer. Guitar effects units can introduce a lot of buzz, especially when they are high gain and driving style effects.

Thanks, I will ask him and find out.

Edit:

He said that when he connects guitar right into mobo or through effects it makes noise. Also he would like to use program Guitaric ir Guitar ric? I am not exactly sure about the name, if it will work wirh external soundcard without problems.