can my gpu support a new 27 inch IPS monitor from LG?

Suvajit Majumder

Greeting to all.I have a basic amd hd 6670 gpu with a 9 year old dell st2320l led monitor.Now monitor is often showing black screens in the middle of while working.I want to upgrade to a LG 27 inch IPS display.I have the model called LG 27MP89HM-S.I want a border less screen Has to be IPS too.I use it to play light games on steam and use it for data recovery part time.Moreover i watch movies on you tube and amazon prime and local streaming paid sites too. if all goes well after doing market surveys i want to buy this monitor called LG 27MP89HM-S later this year.Any advice regarding this article is always welcome and i am here to learn from others .Thanks in advance have a nice day.

its just a standard 1080 screen so yeah it'll be fine

the physical size of the display has nothing to do with the resolution or whether or not the gpu can drive it or not.

actually my gpu is very old just at that time played crysis 3 well but now my gaming days are over.More nowadays concentrating on data recovery that too part time freelancing.So i have no idea about monitor usually my gadgets that i buy usually lasts for more then 6 years so are monitors nowadays that durable that even after their 3 year official warranty they would still be working well.

3 hours ago, Suvo31 said:

are monitors nowadays that durable that even after their 3 year official warranty they would still be working well

i wouldnt count on it

they can dish out pretty cheap monitors today. get something from bestbuy and buy a 5 year extended warranty

i got a 5 year warranty on my cheapo 4k tv and already used it once

Thank you miss for your answer but i stay in India no best buy or wall mart or b& h stores for us.W e have to depend either on Amazon India or visit the local market to get the best of the lot by visiting various markets in a day and then settling for one monitor definitely an IPS this time.

• 4 weeks later...

thank you all for your good suggestions. It took me a week to get the monitor but I finally got it. Thanks to all I am most delighted to gain the knowledge I wanted to know from here.Sorry for too much dust in the desktop because my home is on top of the dusty road. Have a nice day I learned a bit.

51228009_2101507723225826_1329811313240571904_o.jpg

IMG-20190131-WA0005.jpg