Cooling an All in One

Ssiss

Hi guys. 

I have a HP ENVY 27B All In one. It is reaching upto around 70 degrees when playing games which I want to try and control as much as possible. 

I can't open the computer to apply thermal paste etc as it's under warranty. 

Is there anything I can buy e.g external fan or similar to reduce temperatures? Also, when the warranty runs out I was thinking of opening it and applying thermal paste, perhaps upgrading the fan but not sure how to do this when it's a hp designed fan - can you get custom fans built to size? 

If there's any parts of the case that have openings, the best thing I can think of is having a fan somehow right by the opening exhausting air. 

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

If you can't open it up to clean it and reapply thermal paste, there's not much you can do. Even if you open it up, the thermal solution is what you would find in a laptop with heatpipes and blower style fans, and you're not going to be to find aftermarket replacements.

AIOs struggle with heat after a few years primarily due to the build up of dust. The stock thermal solution is usually sufficient, but you do need to open it up after a while to clean it.

3 minutes ago, mxk. said:

If there's any parts of the case that have openings, the best thing I can think of is having a fan somehow right by the opening exhausting air. 

Thanks both. There is a vent at the back which I believe is next to the cpu. Do you recommend any type of fan? 

Just now, Ssiss said:

Thanks both. There is a vent at the back which I believe is next to the cpu. Do you recommend any type of fan? 

Ehhh I mean since you can't open it, you can't get a case fan. I don't usually buy big fans to cool my room my brand so whatever you have or can get for a good price should work fine. You might be able to make a shitty "tunnel" so air is channeled better.

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

~70c is totally reasonable and is what I'd expect an AIO to run at when under a gaming workload. Not gonna be improving that at all without re-applying TIM or modifying the cooling so you're pretty much SOL. Ghetto rigging some external cooling fans might shave a couple degrees off it but there isn't really a point as it isn't overheating.

- Personal Rig -

AMD 7950X3D / 64GB G.SKILL DDR5-6000 EXPO / ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC
ASUS ProArt X670E / Noctua NH-D15 Corsair 4000D Airflow / Corsair RM1000x / 4 x 2TB Crucial P5 Plus

- 🪦 HW Graveyard 🪦-

MSI GTX 780 Lightning 3GB 🪦🫡 Dec 2013 - Dec 2018
Seasonic Platinum 1000W 🪦🫡 Dec 2013 - Dec 2018

PNY GTX 470 1280MB 🪦🫡 June 2010 - August 2017

Intel Q9550 / Q9450 Systems 🪦🫡 Q1-2008 - Q3-2016
- Desktop Audio Equipment -
ADAM Audio F7's | Topping D30 Pro | Topping A30 Pro | HD598 & HD6XX w/ Sheepskin Pads

70C is good temp if thats max you are getting. You get much worse performance on laptops (over 90C).

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv