Project Shield

brandon

I just kind of wish that the screen was maybe a little bit bigger than 5 inches and maybe didn't look so flimsy. I am generally very careful with my portable devices but I have friends who WILL drop it and it looks like it will break. Also I am a bit worried about the recessed controls, they may get a bit uncomfortable. Otherwise this is a great piece of tech.

Sorry but i didnt understand this product?

Why would i pay a fortune to play android games?

And if i want to play my pc then i play my pc with my mouse and keyboard.

Did i genuinely miss sumthin?

i'm not sure allthatremains94 but i think you will be limited to only playing games from your pc when they're both on the same wifi hotspot...

I5 2500k 4,2, msi z77 mpower, h100i, asus gtx 660 ti oc, corsair tx850m, seagate barracuda 1tb, ocz agility 3 128gb, corsair c70. BenQ xl2420t, steelseries 7h fnatic edition, rat 7 mmo, steelseries qck and my (shameful) logitech k120.

Even if the price is good i still think this will be a Flop because how many people will realistically going to buy this its not something the adverge consumer is going to buy besides there are very few games that will support the stream feature and you need a gtx 650 at least therefore alienating all AMD customers i understand you can play android games and 4k content but again the adverge customer has a smartphone and with the small screen size another negative factor its too small top play full pc games.

i will admit its a cool product but a little bit late for its time.

I watched the release of this when I woke up on my phone and immediately started getting tingling sensations lol. This is going to be one crazy product honestly and I was just talking with some of the game designers I work with about how cool it would be to be able to stream your computer games to a handheld like the WiiU the other day. Now I'm not so sure if I want to save up for a WiiU or for this badboy now, Y U DO THIS NVIDIA!?

I realized at about one AM last night when I was reading EVGA_Jacob's twitter that I had forgot about the nvidia press show. Guess I'll have to wait for it to be streamed to youtube. Personally i'm not that interested in another handheld.

The bottoms looks great, the ones on the 3ds is alright yet a bit plasticky and the thumbsticks on ps vita is too small for me to use, I really hope that the controls don't fell "cheap". and the battery life on this one should be solo much better than on both of the handhelds above.

I think it could be great for playing roms and stuff on the go, and generally playing pc-grade games on the go seems awesome!

The whole 4K thing to me kinda seems like a gimmick, for now, in a few years it's gonna be awesome!

I5 2500k 4,2, msi z77 mpower, h100i, asus gtx 660 ti oc, corsair tx850m, seagate barracuda 1tb, ocz agility 3 128gb, corsair c70. BenQ xl2420t, steelseries 7h fnatic edition, rat 7 mmo, steelseries qck and my (shameful) logitech k120.

It could work in the US and canada if the network speeds are fast enough, which from what i hear a pretty fast compared to here in the UK (were just past hitting stones together in terms of networking tech development) although other areas of europe are good for connections and also 4G is a possibility
Yeah i mean the cloud gaming that Nvidia is backing, as you wouldn't need a gaming pc in your home and you could have the receiver in a tv or something else and just connect to nvidia's cloud like most already do with steam, except everything would have to be streamed to you via your internet connection, thats what i mean when i say it is years away, have a look on their website.

Even if the price is good i still think this will be a Flop because how many people will realistically going to buy this its not something the adverge consumer is going to buy besides there are very few games that will support the stream feature and you need a gtx 650 at least therefore alienating all AMD customers i understand you can play android games and 4k content but again the adverge customer has a smartphone and with the small screen size another negative factor its too small top play full pc games. i will admit its a cool product but a little bit late for its time.

Nothing says that you need specifically a GTX 600 series or AMD GPU. From my understanding its a program you install which will stream. You saw the desktop when they were trying to make it work.

It just works huh?

Demo curse. No mater how much you test your in development (alpha, beta) project, it will fail during the demo. There is no escape.

The workaround is pre-rendered, but this creates bad speculation and breaks hype. Or, run a demo exactly and precisely as you previously tested, but your demo end up being robotic, and breaks built-in up hype, it's very very hard to look and sound as if you are not trying to remember where to tap/click/do as you show your product live. And if you screw up, as everything was deeply tested for what you plan to do on stage, the demo will most likely fail.

This is something that all hardware and software developer/engineers knows very well.

If the latency is a little less than that of a console when streaming to a television I may pick this up to play games on my couch. Very cool imo. But Jen-Hsun Huang's assurance of low latency means nothing to me at this point

My Current Build:

• 5.0GHz i7-3770k Processor
  • Asus Maximus V Formula Z77 Mobo
  • SLI Asus DCUII 670's Watercooled
  • 120GB Corsair Force GT3 Boot SSD
  • 1TB WD Caviar Black HDD
  • 16GB 1866MHz 9-10-9-27 G.Skill Ripjaws Z Memory
  • 1050w Seasonic 80+ Gold
  • Caselabs M8
  • Windows 7 64 bit
  • Samsung Blu-Ray Combo Drive
  • Creative Recon 3D Sound Card
  • XSPC Raystorm CPU Waterblock
  • Dual 360mm UT60 Rads
  • 15 Yate Loon Medium fans
  • Yamakasi Catleap Monitor (1440p)
  • Sennheiser HD 598

Even if the price is good i still think this will be a Flop because how many people will realistically going to buy this its not something the adverge consumer is going to buy besides there are very few games that will support the stream feature and you need a gtx 650 at least therefore alienating all AMD customers i understand you can play android games and 4k content but again the adverge customer has a smartphone and with the small screen size another negative factor its too small top play full pc games. i will admit its a cool product but a little bit late for its time.

Nothing says that you need specifically a GTX 600 series or AMD GPU. From my understanding its a program you install which will stream. You saw the desktop when they were trying to make it work.

It just works huh?

Demo curse. No mater how much you test your in development (alpha, beta) project, it will fail during the demo. There is no escape.

The workaround is pre-rendered, but this creates bad speculation and breaks hype. Or, run a demo exactly and precisely as you previously tested, but your demo end up being robotic, and breaks built-in up hype, it's very very hard to look and sound as if you are not trying to remember where to tap/click/do as you show your product live. And if you screw up, as everything was deeply tested for what you plan to do on stage, the demo will most likely fail.

This is something that all hardware and software developer/engineers knows very well.

You need a 650 or higher, it says so on their site I believe. Also, only Nvidia.

My Current Build:

• 5.0GHz i7-3770k Processor
  • Asus Maximus V Formula Z77 Mobo
  • SLI Asus DCUII 670's Watercooled
  • 120GB Corsair Force GT3 Boot SSD
  • 1TB WD Caviar Black HDD
  • 16GB 1866MHz 9-10-9-27 G.Skill Ripjaws Z Memory
  • 1050w Seasonic 80+ Gold
  • Caselabs M8
  • Windows 7 64 bit
  • Samsung Blu-Ray Combo Drive
  • Creative Recon 3D Sound Card
  • XSPC Raystorm CPU Waterblock
  • Dual 360mm UT60 Rads
  • 15 Yate Loon Medium fans
  • Yamakasi Catleap Monitor (1440p)
  • Sennheiser HD 598

It better fail or I will have alot of banning to do it is mobile/console gaming on freaking pc It is a disease of a horde of bad silver spoon kids You know you saw counter strike I don't want pubs to be filled with this or any steam game for that matter (has steam) *facepalm*

Personally I think the Shield might be awesome, but it all comes down to the Tegra 4 chip. If that chip pack enough punch it might just be the handheld console to own, yes I know this might be scoffed at, but a lot of people actually play games on consoles including a lot of pc players. With this we might as someone has already mentioned see some revitalization of pc-gaming. If their plans succed in being able to stream games of steam we could see a whole slew of games on it and with steam greenlight this could become an obvious choice for indie developers. With a possible OUYA console in the works indie developers could see a larger market since both the OUYA and Shield will run Android as their OS. Furthermore we could see AAA titles on it as well because of the Grid software, which would also make for increased profit for Nvidia due to the GPU requirement.

Personally I am not that excited about the Grid software, but what I really want is a for Shield to pack enough punch to run an emulator such as Dolphin. Honestly this generation haven't given me much and when I think of the games I treasure most and the best games I have played they all come from the last generation. I love JRPG's and there haven't been many of those around lately with the exception of Xenoblade Chronicles, which I haven't played since it was a Wii exclusive. So being able to take my old games with me on the go(FFX, FFIX, Kingdom Hearts, Okami, Zelda, Smash Bros. Baten Kaitos...Perhaps even Xenoblade Chronicles) would be a dream come true. If Shield can deliver on this along with indie games from steam like Binding of Isaac and Super meat boy, then this might be the handheld all fans have been screaming for. No Extra screen, No Gimmicky dual touch panels(Although touchscreen would be nice to navigate the os) only raw power through Tegra 4 and a set of dual sticks, don't really care about the 4k output.

If they can deliver this at a competetive price point, then this will not only destroy the Vita, but at the same time be a handheld console pc gamers actually might want.

It just works huh?

Ah yes, Thanks.

I think this thing is pretty cool. I really like the feature of streaming games straight to the mobile device so now I can play my games anywhere in the house. Very nice and I hope it doesn't flop.

Something like this makes me think about where mobile gaming will be headed in the future, As a heavy PC gamer, I'm actually pretty pumped to see how this turns out. Probably will not purchase one, but it would be nice to see how it works out in this day of age

i7 2600k , XFX R9 270x  , Corsair cx 500 ,  asrock z77 extreme 3 , 8 gb ripjaws x 1600 , 1 tb WD blue, Cooler master Haf 912 

Razer Blackwidow ultimate 2013 , Razer Naga molten edition 

Sorry but i didnt understand this product?

Why would i pay a fortune to play android games?

And if i want to play my pc then i play my pc with my mouse and keyboard.

Did i genuinely miss sumthin?

Yeah that is my understanding

I can only think that this will sell if you want portable Steam gaming, otherwise the PSP, NDS, and smartphones are "better" choices

Looking forward to it.

But i don't hope it's going to be disappointing because of the big attention it's getting, and the high expectation that's coming with that.

wth is this shit... rather just build high end pc!

what would be cool is if you could use the client end to stream from one pc to another for example you have a htpc in your lounge room which is running on onboard graphics so you stream from your desktop which is in your room or office

I guess its kind of cool. So aside from the whole 4k thing that doesn't really matter as far as games are concerned this is basically just removing a couple cables that would go from my PC to my TV ??? ...Groundbreaking it broke teh internets.... Am I the only person concerned for actual games in the coming years. So many different damn platforms coming out all at the sametime. Were gong to have so many different platforms with no games to speak for. I guess the next few years are going to be the time to catch up on the titles that you missed playing.

I think it's a neat idea, however to play steam games you need a good GPU and you have to be right next to your pc.

I think it's a neat idea, however to play steam games you need a good GPU and you have to be right next to your pc.
gtx 650 and up is what ive heard

i thing is the next step of future pc gaming