Troubles with Laptop Memory Upgrade

I recently bought new RAM for my Laptop, upgrading from 4 to 8 GB. The speed of both modules are identical, and the Laptop I am using is a Toshiba Satellite c50-b-13N. For some reason, the PC only picks up 4GB of RAM, not 8. The BIOS also thinks that the RAM is 4GB, despite the module saying that it is 8GB. I've also checked and found that the laptop should be compatible with an 8GB module and that the Celeron N2830 does support memory up to 8GB at 1333 MHz (which this RAM is running at). Another odd thing of note is that Task Manager is showing that only one of two slots have been used, despite the fact that this laptop only has the one slot, and that this is occupied by a RAM module of 4GB.

Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: The BIOS version is 1.70 if that helps.

EDIT 2: Mistake on what the BIOS reads, the BIOS only reads 4GB. My bad

EDIT 3: Updated the BIOS to 5.10, problem still persists but now the RAM is running at 1600MHz (which should not be possible as the max the N2830 can support is 1333MHz)

2 minutes ago, SnowWolf370 said:

If the BIOS reads 8 GB of RAM but Windows only reads 4 GB.. Are you using 32-bit Windows?

No, I'm using 64 Bit, but the BIOS only shows 4GB as well. I made a mistake when typing the post, sorry

3 minutes ago, SnowWolf370 said:

Oh.. Hmm.. Weird, I'm not sure then.

By the way, I've also had laptops and desktops that read the task manager read the number of memory slots wrong.

Could it be a BIOS Issue? I've found that the latest version is 5.10-WIN_s

Couple of simple checks you can do.

If you swap the modules over, does it still show the same.
Also try the new module on its own.  Just to confirm it actually works.

There is one other thing you can try which is unlikely to work, but in some unusual cases it works.  Try resetting the bios.

Other than that, whats the make/model of each one?

40 minutes ago, Bishop Crane said:

Couple of simple checks you can do.

If you swap the modules over, does it still show the same.
Also try the new module on its own.  Just to confirm it actually works.

There is one other thing you can try which is unlikely to work, but in some unusual cases it works.  Try resetting the bios.

Other than that, whats the make/model of each one?

The new module works, as the Laptop boots fine, it just shows as 4Gb on everything.

Also I am unsure of how to reset the BIOS. Also the BIOS does not allow for the clock speed of the RAM to be changed, nor does it show the clock speed