Couple years ago I needed a build to play Fallout4...

magedogtag

So I started with everything that wouldn't work-

dual core intel of some useless speed.

no effective video card.

no decent monitor.

the keyboard and mouse were serviceable.

what I ended up with-

Intel I7-3770 socket 1155 (from an incorrectly purchased workstation.  the fact it was a refurbished walmart workstation fortunately kept me from wasting too much money.)

8GB of DDR3 ram by some manufacturer from the aforementioned incorrectly purchased workstation.

A new Intel DH67CL full size ATX motherboard (apparently a very limited board as far as processors go)

Geforce GTX1050 (yeah, not the ti, but it works for what I need)

A plain Jane black box with a blue intake fan in the front that probably needs some canned air right now.  I had to upgrade to a bigger box because the old one couldn't take a full ATX board.

Cheap but functional, brand unknown (fell off a truck or something like that), keyboard and mouse.  (need a better keyboard... the throw on this one is too deep and you have to hit bottom for it to type.)

Magnavox 32 inch TV for a monitor.  I figured if I needed a multi functional display (aka TV) it really should be a TV for the price.  Got it about a year, maybe a year and a half or so before the build.

<edit> A Noctua double heat sink with fan in the middle.  Never heard of them before but I went for it because even though they are not cheap I wanted to make sure I could get the best cooling (at least it appeared that way) for the money I could spend on it.  I'm a big fan of my CPUs not frying themselves.

And last but not least an old as hell but still working (meaning it's the only thing left from the dual core Vista setup left) POWER SUPPLY!!!!

Forgot <aka edit> a Seagate 1TB hard drive.  love it.

No overclocking just yet...  I want to use it before I break it.  :)

Yup, no R or G, but I got one B in the front.

I was trying to meet the minimum system requirements for Fallout4.  In fact, aside from the GTX1050, I met or beat the recommended requirements, and playing the game was smooth as I could hope.  On the bright side I actually did meet the minimum with the GTX1050 for graphics, so I guess in this case the rest of the build was able to compensate to make it perform a bit better than I had hoped.