VR PC Build

Howdy Folks,

I need a little help! I have about £600 to buy a pre-built PC that is capable of running VR - it will solely be used for VR. So far I can get a i5 7400 with a GTX 1050 ti for £599 but I have been told I should get a 1060? Could any of you kind people please help me by linking me something that would be capable of this for around the same price (Give or take £50?)

Thanks SO much! 

build one yourself, you can build a much better one for the same price

PC: CPU: i5-9600k - CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 - GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB GDDR6 - Motherboard: ASRock - Z370 Extreme4 - RAM: Team - T-Force Delta RGB 16 GB DDR4-3000 - PSU: Corsair - TXM Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply - Case: Thermaltake - Core G21 TG

VR will cost more than your pc, you might wanna consider upping your budget. I wouldnt get anything less than a 6GB 1060.

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

Just now, lmeneses said:

build one yourself, you can build a much better one for the same price

I normally would do but its for a company with franchises so it needs to be pre-built

Just now, Slottr said:

VR will cost more than your pc, you might wanna consider upping your budget. I wouldnt get anything less than a 6GB 1060.

I already have the VR itself, would a 1050 ti cut it? It is unlikely to ever see anything AAA, more likely indie games like Beat Saber and Job Sim

Just now, plebbymcplebface said:

I already have the VR itself, would a 1050 ti cut it? It is unlikely to ever see anything AAA, more likely indie games like Beat Saber and Job Sim

No, you'll get extremely motion sick. Thats why I wouldnt go below a 6GB 1060 or 8GB RX 580

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

Just now, Slottr said:

No, you'll get extremely motion sick. Thats why I wouldnt go below a 6GB 1060 or 8GB RX 580

Would that be only if playing it for long intervals of time? I will break it down - this is for some kids to use. They will use it for about 10 minutes at a time and will be playing small indie games.

Just now, plebbymcplebface said:

Would that be only if playing it for long intervals of time? I will break it down - this is for some kids to use. They will use it for about 10 minutes at a time and will be playing small indie games.

No.

Without an adequate graphics card, it'll have abysmal frame rates which can cause motion sickness -very- quickly. 

I have a Vive, have ran it on my pc with a 1080: just fine. Tested with my laptop which has a 1050ti: terrible and almost had an instant headache.  

2 minutes ago, Slottr said:

No.

Without an adequate graphics card, it'll have abysmal frame rates which can cause motion sickness -very- quickly. 

I have a Vive, have ran it on my pc with a 1080: just fine. Tested with my laptop which has a 1050ti: terrible and almost had an instant headache.  

Okay... Thanks for all your help! :)

9 minutes ago, Slottr said:

No.

One last thing if you dont mind, would an i5 7400 with a 6gb 1060 cut it?

1 minute ago, plebbymcplebface said:

One last thing if you dont mind, would an i5 7400 with a 6gb 1060 cut it?

The 7400 is pretty outdated by now,

Any options with an R5 1600 or R5 2600? i5 8400?

4 minutes ago, Slottr said:

The 7400 is pretty outdated by now,

Any options with an R5 1600 or R5 2600? i5 8400?

Pushes the price up quite a bit, as its for a company I am trying to save as much as I can really... Normally I am a go big or go home kinda guy...

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/7/2019 at 7:10 PM, Slottr said:

uh no, a 1050 ti will not get you motion sicke unless you are playing a demanding tittle such as doom vfr or fallout 4 vr, which will run at 50-60 fps in vr. for just about every other game the 1050 ti is perfectly fine, just be aware that if you are looking at a vr game, consider the the "recommended" specs, id stay away with the ones that say a 1070 or above, but the ones that say 970 will run on a 1050 ti perfectly fine with no motion sickness, i know this for a fact because i use my $700 budget pc as my vr rig, it works just fine.  

1 hour ago, GreenMEME said:

uh no, a 1050 ti will not get you motion sicke unless you are playing a demanding tittle such as doom vfr or fallout 4 vr, which will run at 50-60 fps in vr. for just about every other game the 1050 ti is perfectly fine, just be aware that if you are looking at a vr game, consider the the "recommended" specs, id stay away with the ones that say a 1070 or above, but the ones that say 970 will run on a 1050 ti perfectly fine with no motion sickness, i know this for a fact because i use my $700 budget pc as my vr rig, it works just fine.  

Whats the point in spending money on a pc for VR if you can only run 1/2 the games? 

Ratio seems off, dontcha think?