NeonSFF - 3D Printed SFF Case

aom

Just wanted to share a project that I've worked on quite a while ago. Finally decided to upload my files and hopefully inspire others to create cases of their own!

Aptly named, NeonSFF is a 3D Printed small form factor case. Designed in Solidworks and printed (after many failed prints and revisions) in PLA. You can check out the files yourself here where I have uploaded the CAD files in various formats (including STEP).

Housed inside it is a modest system with a Core i5 6600k, MSI B250 ITX (the cheapest ITX board I found at the time, got the 6600k back when I actually had a motherboard that could overclock), Cryorig C7 with a generic 140mm fan, GTX 1060 6GB, 16GB RAM, and some other miscellaneous stuff.

A common question I get is if the PLA will start warping over time? I've had multiple revisions of this case printed in PLA, none have ever warped from heat, including the current version which has been operating for about a year now. So most likely no, but of course you can print it yourself in a different filament. 

Feel free to use my designs (noncommercially). I would love to see what other people can do with it!

Yeah, PLA shouldn't warp at the operating temperatures of computer components.I'm very curious what it looks like inside after building and what hardware you used to make everything go together. 

Nice work

5 minutes ago, NuclearPenske7 said:

Yeah, PLA shouldn't warp at the operating temperatures of computer components.I'm very curious what it looks like inside after building and what hardware you used to make everything go together. 

Nice work

04.thumb.jpg.afd717308c3ca3a485882c619410c6a6.jpg

more pics and hardware stuff on the repo

• 2 years later...

heya just a question,

What happened to this project? I can't find the files on github anymore

Current Specs (Am building a mini ITX PC, will take a while)

CPU                                   RAM                                             Motherboard

Ryzen 7 5700G              16GB unbranded 2666Mhz           Asus ROG Strix  x570-i

GPU                                  Case                                              Boot Drive

EVGA GTX 1060           SSUPD Meshlicious                  Corsair MP500  500GB

Headset                           FBT                                                Extras
Quest 2                       Waist+Chest on OwOtrack                VIVE DAS

When it is finished

CPU                                   RAM                                             Motherboard

Ryzen 7 5700G              32GB Corsair LPX 4200Mhz     Asus ROG Strix  x570-i

GPU                                  Case                                              Boot Drive

ASUS RTX 3070          SSUPD Meshlicious                  Corsair MP500  500GB

Headset                           FBT                                                Extras
Quest 2                       Haritora-X/Slime VR                VIVE DAS + LucidVR Gloves + BHaptics vest