Which is Better??

Uchiha-SaHi

which should i prefer???
GTX 1060 with G-Sync (6GB)
or
GTX 1070(8GB)

Well i dont know.. 1070 has G-Sync as well..the entire pascal family support G-sync.

But yes 1070 is much more powerful

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

Do you mean a GTX 1060 with a Gsync monitor?

|| CPU: I7 6950X @4.6 (1.35V) || Cooler: CUSTOM EK LOOP || Motherboard: ASUS RAMPAGE V EDITION 10

|| GPU: 2x Vega 64 Strix OC @1762 / 1100 MHz || Memory: 16GB G.Skill Royal RGB 3200 Mhz ||

HDD: Segate Barracuda 3TB || SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 512 GB || PSU: Corsair HX 1200 W || Case: Fractal Design Define R6 Gunmetal || Fans: Corsair HD120 (x4) / BeQuiet Silent Wings 3 (x4) || Monitor: ACER XF27HU ||

Second Monitor: BENQ RL2455HM || Mouse: Logitech G502 Pretus Core || Keyboard: Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum || Headphones: Sennheiser IE80 ||

Buildlog expirience swapping to x99: 

Just now, joshuawi99 said:

Do you mean a GTX 1060 with a Gsync monitor?

YUP..bro and the 1070 variant doesn't have Gsync display...so which one should i choose based on budget concerns??

1 minute ago, Uchiha-SaHi said:

YUP..bro and the 1070 variant doesn't have Gsync display...so which one should i choose based on budget concerns??

It has...G-Sync Monitor has nothing to do with the GPU..if the Graphic card support G-sync then you could use it on any G-sync monitor.

Or are you referring to your budget? 1060+G-sync monitor? or 1070+Normal monitor?

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

1 minute ago, Uchiha-SaHi said:

Ah okay do you mean a laptop? From my perspective, i wont buy a monitor without some synchronisation anymore. Gsync or Freesync made my experience alot smoother. Big problem is that between a 1060 and 1070 there defenetly is a performance difference. Are the 1060 and 1070 model both 120 or 144 hz?

|| CPU: I7 6950X @4.6 (1.35V) || Cooler: CUSTOM EK LOOP || Motherboard: ASUS RAMPAGE V EDITION 10

|| GPU: 2x Vega 64 Strix OC @1762 / 1100 MHz || Memory: 16GB G.Skill Royal RGB 3200 Mhz ||

HDD: Segate Barracuda 3TB || SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 512 GB || PSU: Corsair HX 1200 W || Case: Fractal Design Define R6 Gunmetal || Fans: Corsair HD120 (x4) / BeQuiet Silent Wings 3 (x4) || Monitor: ACER XF27HU ||

Second Monitor: BENQ RL2455HM || Mouse: Logitech G502 Pretus Core || Keyboard: Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum || Headphones: Sennheiser IE80 ||

2 minutes ago, joshuawi99 said:

Ah okay do you mean a laptop? From my perspective, i wont buy a monitor without some synchronisation anymore. Gsync or Freesync made my experience alot smoother. Big problem is that between a 1060 and 1070 there defenetly is a performance difference. Are the 1060 and 1070 model both 120 or 144 hz?

If the panel is 144Hz..G-sync is not necessary 

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

1 minute ago, Hiya! said:

If the panel is 144Hz..G-sync is not necessary 

Yeah that depends on personal impressions. For myself i really hate screen tearing. This happens pretty fastb if your framerate is below 100 fps...

Vega 56 and freesync?

or just wait for how Nvidia Freesync Drivers turn out to be. they announched they will begin supporting freesync

2 minutes ago, joshuawi99 said:

Yeah that depends on personal impressions. For myself i really hate screen tearing. This happens pretty fastb if your framerate is below 100 fps...

If your Panel is 144Hz you wont get any tearing below 143 FPS

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

Guy says to have an i7 6950X workstation on signature, doesn't even know the basic of basic of what is GPU what is Monitor.

LMao I need to have my  eyes checked

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

If your Panel is 144Hz you wont get any tearing below 143 FPS

thats not how tearing works..........

tearing happens when a frame is update mid refresh among things. it happens at every refreshrate exept the one the monitor is running at

hence the excistance of adaptive sync like Gsync and Freesync

Just now, GoldenLag said:

thats not how tearing works..........

tearing happens when a frame is update mid refresh among things. it happens at every refreshrate exept the one the monitor is running at

hence the excistance of adaptive sync like Gsync and Freesync

I know...guess i made a little mistake..

Yes its when the front buffer is not yet finish on rendering the frames but the back buffer already pushed the next frames onto the front buffer and the scanning continue from where it left of.

On 144Hz panel tearing arent that noticeable or i might say almost not noticeable because the frames update so fast..we talking about ms

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

On 144Hz panel tearing arent that noticeable or i might say almost not noticeable because the frames update so fast..we talking about ms

you will experience it in FPS drops which makes these drops more noticable. if you PC can hold a constant 144hz in titles then you wont experience any tearing. it is during the drops these tearings become annoying, which is why its popular on Consoles among other systems

1 minute ago, GoldenLag said:

you will experience it in FPS drops which makes these drops more noticable. if you PC can hold a constant 144hz in titles then you wont experience any tearing. it is during the drops these tearings become annoying, which is why its popular on Consoles among other systems

Hmmm..i would have to disagree on that since i've been playing on 144Hz panel before and i didn't see any tearing whatsoever..i notice a slowdown in performance but tearing is non existence..or maybe its just me.

Never try the console though.

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

nvidia announced at CES yesterday that from january 15th they will start shipping drivers with FREESYNC suport...so get the 1070 and a ''nvidia approved'' freesync panel and you'll be good to go.

Watch out though, your basic 1080p 60hz freesync monitor isn't likely to cut it...so far the supported monitors are all higher end high refresh rate freesync monitors.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

2 minutes ago, Hiya! said:

Hmmm..i would have to disagree on that since i've been playing on 144Hz panel before and i didn't see any tearing whatsoever..i notice a slowdown in performance but tearing is non existence..or maybe its just me.

Never try the console though.

ive used a 144hz panel with and without freesync. i saw a minor improvement, but mostly in Warthunder where smooth movement in planes is handy and tearing can ruin your spoting capabilities. 

console Freesync is one of the nice things that will force TV producers to adopt adaptive sync. something Samsung is actively doing

14 minutes ago, Princess Cadence said:

Guy says to have an i7 6950X workstation on signature, doesn't even know the basic of basic of what is GPU what is Monitor.

LMao I need to have my  eyes checked

Protip: Add Glasses to you Avi

Just now, GoldenLag said:

ive used a 144hz panel with and without freesync. i saw a minor improvement, but mostly in Warthunder where smooth movement in planes is handy and tearing can ruin your spoting capabilities. 

console Freesync is one of the nice things that will force TV producers to adopt adaptive sync. something Samsung is actively doing

I mostly play fast paced games such as dead cells or L4D.

And i think your system doesnt have to maintain constant 144FPS to stay smooth..anything above 80 is good enough and i doubt someone would buy a 144Hz panel and pair it with a RIG that can't even maintain that FPS..

Finally..and if what you said above Nvidia supporting free-sync is true then i will return my pitchfork and torches into the barn.

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

4 minutes ago, Hiya! said:

I mostly play fast paced games such as dead cells or L4D.

And i think your system doesnt have to maintain constant 144FPS to stay smooth..anything above 80 is good enough and i doubt someone would buy a 144Hz panel and pair it with a RIG that can't even maintain that FPS..

its not holding 144hz constant. pretty much no system does. but it still holds true. it does 144hz and then drops to minimum 90 in difficult scenarios. 

144hz monitors are super cheap these days, people regurarly pair them with such hardware. as well as games becoming more demanding. in high speed games like CS GO tearing is less important and raw frame pushing is key. 

6 minutes ago, Hiya! said:

Finally..and if what you said above Nvidia supporting free-sync is true then i will return my pitchfork and torches into the barn.

i think you will need too keep that stick lit untill third party verification. Also they are releasing way to many variants of the RTX 2060 (according to rumours). so id keep that torch lit 

4 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

its not holding 144hz constant. pretty much no system does. but it still holds true. it does 144hz and then drops to minimum 90 in difficult scenarios. 

144hz monitors are super cheap these days, people regurarly pair them with such hardware. as well as games becoming more demanding. in high speed games like CS GO tearing is less important and raw frame pushing is key. 

There are system that can.

Of course frame would drop in most system but i just never notice the tearing even on witcher 3.

5 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

i think you will need too keep that stick lit untill third party verification. Also they are releasing way to many variants of the RTX 2060 (according to rumours). so id keep that torch lit 

i heard that..RTX 2060 is hurting itself in its confusion..welp fine then..gonna grab them pitchfork and torches again.

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

There are system that can.

Of course frame would drop in most system but i just never notice the tearing even on witcher 3.

in certain sections of warthunder planes you can go from 144 fps over a ocean area to 70 fps in a heavily forested area where it loads way too many trees or buildings. 

2 minutes ago, Hiya! said:

i heard that..RTX 2060 is hurting itself in its confusion..welp fine then..gonna grab them pitchfork and torches again.

pitchforking is nice exercise, i recommend doing it every product launch.

or if you are feeling extra brave, join the Fanboys in meatshielding the company. 

34 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

in certain sections of warthunder planes you can go from 144 fps over a ocean area to 70 fps in a heavily forested area where it loads way too many trees or buildings. 

pitchforking is nice exercise, i recommend doing it every product launch.

or if you are feeling extra brave, join the Fanboys in meatshielding the company. 

No thanks...

PS: Take off the hat

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]