i5-8400 enough for solidworks?

Go to solution Solved by viniciuscom,

Guess i'll be fine then haha

Thanks!

I was planing to build a PC to run engineering programs, like solidworks and autocad, as well as some light gaming

Is the i5-8400 with 1050Ti a good enough combo?

for some light cad work? it will be fine. I've seen people at school trying it on a 4005u and it would still run (with crashes, but still)

1 minute ago, viniciuscom said:

I was planing to build a PC to run engineering programs, like solidworks and autocad, as well as some light gaming

Is the i5-8400 with 1050Ti a good enough combo?

It will be more than fine my father is a mechanical engineer and he has used both those programs on his 4 core xeon and 500mb quadro gpu if you are building the PC from scratch it couldn't hurt to maybe go with a 6 or 8 core Ryzen processor to give you a little more freedom with the computer it would probably cost about the same and you could go with a B350 mobo to save some money.

I haven't touched CAD, but there a good combo for gaming at 1080p without causing any major bottlenecks.

LTT actually did a video on this, although it rather compares professional-grade hardware with "mainstream" hardware than it does only feature the latter, if I recall correctly... :P 

Make sure to tag and/or quote people so they get notified... :P:D 

My gear:

Ryzen 7 2700X / Gigabyte GA-X370M-Gaming 3 / R9 380 Nitro 4GB/ 16GB DDR4 2133 / 225GB OCZ Trion 100 / 3TB of hard drive storage
                                                                                                     AOC C24G1 / BenQ GW2270H(rarely overclocked to 87Hz :P )
                                                                               Razer Blackwidow / Redragon Kumara / Logitech G Pro Wiress / Sennheiser HD 559

Microsoft LifeCam Studio / Tonor BM700 microphone

Panasonic Lumix DC-FZ82 / Canon EOS 80D

#PCMasterrace

I worked on solidworks with an i3 3240 and 4 gb of ram at 1600 with a GT1030, so yes.

i7 10700k @ 5.05 Ghz

Corsair H100i pro XT 240mm

MSI z490 tomahawk

16 Gb (2 x 8 GB) Patriot Viper Steel - 4000mhz - 16-16-16-34

MSI 1070TI titanium