electronic hinge that locks at 180

GrimIcarus

im looking for a hinge type that locks at 180 degrees and unlocks either when the electric and/or physical resistance exceeds a certain point
does anyone know of something like this

Can you describe what the device or application is...?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

On 1/6/2019 at 9:33 AM, GrimIcarus said:

im looking for a hinge type that locks at 180 degrees and unlocks either when the electric and/or physical resistance exceeds a certain point
does anyone know of something like this

Most of times this will be done by something like a closer since anything in the hinge will have too much force applied to it. 

You'll need to look at fire safety closers to get what you want. Those can be set to keep the door open and can by closed by hand or a contact.

On 1/6/2019 at 12:13 PM, Enderman said:

Can you describe what the device or application is...?

oh im using it to lock a knee into 180 degrees and then im going to electronically unlock it

16 minutes ago, GrimIcarus said:

oh im using it to lock a knee into 180 degrees and then im going to electronically unlock it

And how much torque do you want it to lock for?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

12 minutes ago, Enderman said:

And how much torque do you want it to lock for?

i don't know i don't have the results yet but i'm hypothesizing about 136Nm

2 hours ago, GrimIcarus said:

i don't know i don't have the results yet but i'm hypothesizing about 136Nm

That's a lot...

Maybe use a solenoid to push a pin through a mechanism that locks the rotation.

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

That's a lot...

Maybe use a solenoid to push a pin through a mechanism that locks the rotation.

oh dear thats one hell of a typo, 13.6Nm is what i meant