MB for i7 8700 24/7 use.

Dave7

I just picked up a i7 8700 65W CPU, I need a decent Micro ATX board that has HDMI, Displayport, USB C. Will be used in a mini PC as a 24/7 server.

I am a Asus fan but they have no MB with these features that does not cost less than $170. It also needs to have the power fail feature in the bios to turn it self back on after a power loss. Do the Asus TUF brand of boards last any longer than say a gaming board? I've always bought the strix boards but hate to pay that much for one that will have a non overclocking cpu in it.

I wouldn't buy TUF in general, overpriced prime boards, no vrm heatsink, meh vrms, things like that...

I would recommend looking outside asus too, msi, gigabyte, asrock and even EVGA has so much nice to offer

If your using it as a server, why do you need hdmi displayport and usb c.

USB c and the video ports can easily be fixed with any adapter.

Any board should work fine. 

I don't with the tuf boards will last longer, things will always fail on boards, and most of the time it will outlast the usable lifespan of the system

Server? Or NAS? Any board should be fine for a HTPC as long as its a manufacturer that you have heard of.

Old dells make excellent choices for HTPC, NAS and server usage because they have those kind of features. Old T7500 I have (granted this is a huge tower) cost 350 bucks to throw in 2 6 core X5980s and 96 Gigs of RAM then i picked up a 10 gig card and a few other things. Awesome for media storage and simulations and what not.

Point is even the mini dell PCs can be upgraded to a decent spec and have lots of useful features that IT demands

I'm using multiple 4k displays and DVI, VGA does not support that resolution. USB C is for external hard drive but isn't a must.

I didn't plan on buying a video card to get the display port since i was trying to keep the power draw  down and that would add cost.

It's a NAS and server plus other software that i use and runs 24/7 like security cameras which needed intel quick sync. Also use to just surf the web youtube etc One screen has the cameras shown the other youtube etc.

Yeah i could buy one but what is the fun in that? :)