my 1st PC looking for entry-level speaker for the music i listen to

rovopio

hi everybody.....

About audio shop in my city::
i need some major help choosing PC speaker that'd fit my needs, as this speaker will be used for at least 2 years to 3 years, so i'd like to make an informed decision before buying. Rarely there is an audio shop that lets me "audition" here, so here i am kindly asking for help.

Some specific musical backgrounds about me:
My Music Collections::
i have a fair amount of FLAC music collections which i convert to 320kbps. i have around 200 gb of 320kbps music

The music I listen to::
West Indie Folk / Indie Pop / Indie Rock and Japanese Club Jazz
I'd like a speaker that could bring the best out of Frightened Rabbit songs / Slow Club Songs. That'd be very representative of my Indie Rock / Indie Pop collections
Additional note, i never listen to heavy metal songs.
The heaviest music i listen to is The Killers, or Ellegarden (it's japanese equivalent).

Frightened Rabbit Representative song

Slow Club Rep Song

JP Clubjazz Rep Song

Another fairly different style frightened rabbit song

The audio hardware i'm currently using::
i used to use a Grado sr60, until i retired that and changed to Grado SR60i. I plug that in to my low-end notebook. When i don't use the Grado headphones... i use this portable X-mini II speaker . It's a singapore brand AFAIK so for those who aren't familiar with this portable speakers, for a portable speaker, i'd like to state that for a portable speaker, t's really good (i've tried a couple other brands and X-mini II blow it out of the water).

Building condition I live in::
The walls where i live is quite thin, so when i use the X-mini II portable speaker, i rarely put the notebook audio to more than 20%. The X-mini sound controller itself, i turned maybe 40-50%. Using Grado heaphones, free for all.

Satisfaction level::
Considering where i live, the walls are somewhat thin so i put the sound on low. So basing on that factor alone I'm very satisfied with my headphone and portable speaker choice I like grado characters open-air headphone and if i'm ever going to upgrade i'll probably upgrade to Grado SR125i. I am also aware that songs can sound leaps and bound better than my portable speaker but i can only put the sound on low.

My Musical Knowledge::
A gigantic zero. I know jack, squat, diddly and all their other idiot friends regarding sound. Idk what forward / bright / warm / mid / low / high and even treble means. but i am very satisfied with Grado characteristis, the SR60i, and SR80i to that extend.

My budget::
I was imposing a $70~$80 maximum budget initially. But I could stretch it to $140 maximum if it will be amazingly better.

Perks that are highly desirable
a) Zero is the amount of damn i give to gaming speaker
b) i want a speaker that brings out the best of the songs i listen to. No need speakers for heavy metal songs.
c) my table is very small, 120cm to 60cm so... if i could choose, i'd prefer a smaller speaker size, since i'm not going for a $300 speaker, and thin walls as well.
but quality is no. 1 over more compact size.
d)

The online vendor link where i will buy the price is below
Online Vendor Link

Converting currency from to USD is easy. just drop the last 4 zero and you'll get the dollar amount. Say, if it's priced 1,250,000 then it's $125 ^_^

The PC that i'm going to buy if it's relevant...
i5-4570
msi h87-g83 gaming
Seasonic G650
MSI R9 270x Twin Frozr
Corsair 330R
2x4 gb Corsair Ram
HDD and SSD

the motherboard since its MSI gaming series has • Realtek ALC1150 Codec / 7.1-Channel High Definition Audio / EMI shielded Audio Codec / Golden Audio Jack i really dont know what that'll do. haha

===
So far, i've read some reviews about these speakers... ofc feel free to recommend anythign that's available here Online Vendor Link

Thonet & Vander .vertag - 2.0                       $75
Swans Hivi 3W Mini Desktop 2.0 Speaker    $80

Swans Hivi M10 2.1 Multimedia Speaker    $121
Thonet & Vander .kurbis - 2.0                      $120

and also review about this soundcard
AUDIOTRAK Prodigy HD2 Advance DE $115
Onkyo WAVIO SE90 $140

===========================================================================
i have 1 small question... is it

a) is it better to buy a $100 soundcard and use the X-mini, or some random 1.0 logitech $20 speaker (logitech goods are very fairly priced here)
b) or is it better to buy a proper entry-level speaker and scrap using sound card?

thank you very very much

You don't need a sound card for speakers, it will improve nothing in the audio quality. The sound card will do the same to the headphones.

Your best bet is too pick up better speakers - The Swans M10 is a good place to start.

hi everybody.....

About audio shop in my city::

i need some major help choosing PC speaker that'd fit my needs, as this speaker will be used for at least 2 years to 3 years, so i'd like to make an informed decision before buying. Rarely there is an audio shop that lets me "audition" here, so here i am kindly asking for help.

Some specific musical backgrounds about me:

My Music Collections::

i have a fair amount of FLAC music collections which i convert to 320kbps. i have around 200 gb of 320kbps music

The audio hardware i'm currently using::

i used to use a Grado sr60, until i retired that and changed to Grado SR60i. I plug that in to my low-end notebook. When i don't use the Grado headphones... i use this portable X-mini II speaker . It's a singapore brand AFAIK so for those who aren't familiar with this portable speakers, for a portable speaker, i'd like to state that for a portable speaker, t's really good (i've tried a couple other brands and X-mini II blow it out of the water).

Building condition I live in::

The walls where i live is quite thin, so when i use the X-mini II portable speaker, i rarely put the notebook audio to more than 20%. The X-mini sound controller itself, i turned maybe 40-50%. Using Grado heaphones, free for all.

Satisfaction level::

Considering where i live, the walls are somewhat thin so i put the sound on low. So basing on that factor alone I'm very satisfied with my headphone and portable speaker choice I like grado characters open-air headphone and if i'm ever going to upgrade i'll probably upgrade to Grado SR125i. I am also aware that songs can sound leaps and bound better than my portable speaker but i can only put the sound on low.

My Musical Knowledge::

A gigantic zero. I know jack, squat, diddly and all their other idiot friends regarding sound. Idk what forward / bright / warm / mid / low / high and even treble means. but i am very satisfied with Grado characteristis, the SR60i, and SR80i to that extend.

My budget::

I was imposing a $70~$80 maximum budget initially. But I could stretch it to $140 maximum if it will be amazingly better.

Perks that are highly desirable

a) Zero is the amount of damn i give to gaming speaker

B) i want a speaker that brings out the best of the songs i listen to. No need speakers for heavy metal songs.

c) my table is very small, 120cm to 60cm so... if i could choose, i'd prefer a smaller speaker size, since i'm not going for a $300 speaker, and thin walls as well.

but quality is no. 1 over more compact size.

d)

The online vendor link where i will buy the price is below

Online Vendor Link

Converting currency from to USD is easy. just drop the last 4 zero and you'll get the dollar amount. Say, if it's priced 1,250,000 then it's $125 ^_^

The PC that i'm going to buy if it's relevant...

the motherboard since its MSI gaming series has • Realtek ALC1150 Codec / 7.1-Channel High Definition Audio / EMI shielded Audio Codec / Golden Audio Jack i really dont know what that'll do. haha

===

So far, i've read some reviews about these speakers... ofc feel free to recommend anythign that's available here Online Vendor Link

Thonet & Vander .vertag - 2.0                       $75

Swans Hivi 3W Mini Desktop 2.0 Speaker    $80

Swans Hivi M10 2.1 Multimedia Speaker    $121

Thonet & Vander .kurbis - 2.0                      $120

and also review about this soundcard

AUDIOTRAK Prodigy HD2 Advance DE $115

Onkyo WAVIO SE90 $140

===========================================================================

i have 1 small question... is it

a) is it better to buy a $100 soundcard and use the X-mini, or some random 1.0 logitech $20 speaker (logitech goods are very fairly priced here)

B) or is it better to buy a proper entry-level speaker and scrap using sound card?

thank you very very much

LE LOGITECH. Worth your money. If you have any more Bens (or Wonga, as we call it here) then egt yourself one of their surround systems :P

LOOK AT MY TUBE, MY TUBE IS AMAZING. DONT LICK IT IT DOESN'T TASTE LIKE ANYTHING. IT DOESN'T HAVE A MANE OR PENIS EITHER. SHUT UP.

You don't need a sound card for speakers, it will improve nothing in the audio quality. The sound card will do the same to the headphones.

Your best bet is too pick up better speakers - The Swans M10 is a good place to start.

i never own a 2.1 speakers, and i rarely see the back of it, if ever.

i'd like to ask, since my table is small, is it possible to just use the M10 2 speakers, and not use the subwoofer....? is the 2 speakers and subwoofers connected as a unit, or is it possible to just use the speakers?

cheers

i never own a 2.1 speakers, and i rarely see the back of it, if ever.

i'd like to ask, since my table is small, is it possible to just use the M10 2 speakers, and not use the subwoofer....? is the 2 speakers and subwoofers connected as a unit, or is it possible to just use the speakers?

cheers

Why not put the sub on the floor? 

Why not put the sub on the floor?

This.

I know it's somewhat designed to have the subwoofer on the desk, but let's be frank, that's not possible for the vast majority of people.

Just put it on the floor. I use to use my older sub as a foot rest.