Good keyboard under £100? Between mechanical quality and chiclet style?

I don't like how big the keys are on mechanical keyboards and I prefer chiclet or smaller keys in general. The Lenovo laptops have awesome keyboards. But I like the build quality you can get with standalone mecha keyboards. I want to be able to type and float on the keyboard like I can on the laptop keyboards. Volume buttons do matter to me unless it's almost equally easy to reach them with the Fn key. So what can I do? Not sure about how to choose a keyboard at all. I know very little about them. 

I've heard of low profile mechanical switches and think they might be a good idea. What do you think? Idk. I'll leave this to your advice.

And if you could link me a site or channel or something of someone who reviews all the keyboards like Rocket Jump Ninja reviews mice, then I'd be very happy! 

EDIT: backlight is essential! and the keyboard should be good for gaming... I don't know if there are keyboards that aren't good for gaming, but hey. some people seem to suggest so in reviews. 

Current build 20 Dec 2018: Ryzen 5 2600X, EVGA RTX 2070 Black Edition, 16GB 3200MHz Corsair Vengeance, Samsung 500GB 970 Evo NVME M.2 SSD, Gigabyte Aorus B450 M mATX Mobo, Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV mATX Silver case, EVGA 650G3 PSU, BenQ GW2765 27" QHD IPS 100% sRGB, Logitech G403 Mouse, Corsair K65 LUX RGB + Logitech K780 Keyboards, Creative A250 2.1 Speakers, SteelSeries Arctis 3 Bluetooth Headset.

You must feel it before buying, it feels a lot different with chiclets keyboard.

Typing on a chiclet feels faster and lighter compared to mecs, but mecs offered durability & clicky satisfiying feel.

The best chiclet keyboard i've tried so far is apple wired keyboard (no longer sold).

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

take a look at the surface keyboard. its afaik the surface keys from the laptop on  a standalone keyboard. its not the cheapest keyboard by far and i think its slighyl above your budget

I've looked at the Razer Ornata Chroma (£80 on Amazon) just now and it seemed really promising until I heard about the noise! My room is next to my parents' room so a constant extremely loud clicky noise from the keys would not be a good thing. Are there any more quiet alternatives? This is one of the things I didn't really like about mechanical keyboards, at least when I'm with family.

Current build 20 Dec 2018: Ryzen 5 2600X, EVGA RTX 2070 Black Edition, 16GB 3200MHz Corsair Vengeance, Samsung 500GB 970 Evo NVME M.2 SSD, Gigabyte Aorus B450 M mATX Mobo, Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV mATX Silver case, EVGA 650G3 PSU, BenQ GW2765 27" QHD IPS 100% sRGB, Logitech G403 Mouse, Corsair K65 LUX RGB + Logitech K780 Keyboards, Creative A250 2.1 Speakers, SteelSeries Arctis 3 Bluetooth Headset.

6 minutes ago, lw88 said:

Yeanah don't get memchanical, you don't get anything better than a standard rubber dome and you pay mechanical prices.

Low profile mechanical switches are usually just as awful (like cherry ML).

That said I don't know what your budget is so I can't really recommend a board. Whatever you get, buy something with a metal backplate.

It's in the title.. under £100. 

17 minutes ago, lw88 said:

Then I guess what we need is a preferred switch.

Linear? Tactile? Clicky? Buckling spring? :P

He is looking for quiet keyboard, so not clicky I guess. If OP finds Razer Ornata Chroma  extremely loud,which is not the loudest board out there, I think mechanical boards are out of  question, because even silenced switches are not that quiet when compared to membrane.. 

What about the Lenovo thinkpad keyboard? It is literally a standalone keyboard off of a thinkpad and it's under budget.

On 1/3/2019 at 9:26 AM, husseinHr said:

I've heard of low profile mechanical switches and think they might be a good idea. What do you think? Idk. I'll leave this to your advice.. 

I believe the Tesoro Gram Spectrum Agile series qualify as low profile mechanical. It has media control, lighting and macros. My only problem with these is that they don't use cherry switches.

My R2700XT build:  r7 2700 @4.1 Ghz max 65C - Sapphire Pulse rx 5700xt @1625Mhz 955mV 1300rpm fans, max 82C - Asrock B450 gaming k4 - Gskill Ripjaws 2x8GB @3200mhz CL16 - Be Quiet Straight Power E11 650w - Fractal Meshify C - EK-Kit S240 - NB eLoop 120mm PWM - Be Quiet Shadow Wings 140mm 1000rpm - Bitfenix Spectre LED PWM 120mm - Samsung 250GB 860 Evo - Seagate Barracuda 2TB

Peripherals:  Acer XF270HBbmiiprzx 144hz 1080p TN - CM Storm Quickfire TK - Coolermaster MK750 - CM Storm Reaper - Logitech G303 - Logitech G502 - Logitech G603

Audio:  Hyperx Cloud Stinger - Samson SR850 - Trust Screamer - Creative Gigaworks T20 II

2 hours ago, 00RaZoR11 said:

I believe the Tesoro Gram Spectrum Agile series qualify as low profile mechanical. It has media control, lighting and macros. My only problem with these is that they don't use cherry switches.

Why would it be a problem that they don't use some of the most mediocre and overpriced switches on the market?

:)

14 hours ago, seon123 said:

Why would it be a problem that they don't use some of the most mediocre and overpriced switches on the market?

Alright then, lighten me up please. All I see in shops in my country are cherrys, kailhs (and razers), and unique stuff like the tesoro laser switches. I bet everyone would be thankful to hear which switches are worth their price

My R2700XT build:  r7 2700 @4.1 Ghz max 65C - Sapphire Pulse rx 5700xt @1625Mhz 955mV 1300rpm fans, max 82C - Asrock B450 gaming k4 - Gskill Ripjaws 2x8GB @3200mhz CL16 - Be Quiet Straight Power E11 650w - Fractal Meshify C - EK-Kit S240 - NB eLoop 120mm PWM - Be Quiet Shadow Wings 140mm 1000rpm - Bitfenix Spectre LED PWM 120mm - Samsung 250GB 860 Evo - Seagate Barracuda 2TB

Peripherals:  Acer XF270HBbmiiprzx 144hz 1080p TN - CM Storm Quickfire TK - Coolermaster MK750 - CM Storm Reaper - Logitech G303 - Logitech G502 - Logitech G603

Audio:  Hyperx Cloud Stinger - Samson SR850 - Trust Screamer - Creative Gigaworks T20 II

4 hours ago, 00RaZoR11 said:

Alright then, lighten me up please. All I see in shops in my country are cherrys, kailhs (and razers), and unique stuff like the tesoro laser switches. I bet everyone would be thankful to hear which switches are worth their price

While brands like Kailh and Gateron have improved their switches over the last few years, since they came to market, Cherry hasn't. So you have less variety, and less smooth switches. All with the price tag of a decent switch. 

What switches are worth it, depends on personal preference. 

:)