Need a bit off a help regarding power button.

Z3r0link
Go to solution Solved by boey,
3 minutes ago, Z3r0link said:

Just a quick question and need help in figuring out the problem.

My motherboard is a AORUS x470 gaming WiFi 7 and the casing is a Lian-li PC011 and the front power button does not work. It lights up but when you press it, the system won't power up and instead I have to use the back power button. The first time I assembled it, it won't power up. The second time I assembled it (because I didn't like the wiring of the system) it powered up nicely via the front power button. The third and final time I assembled the system (because I was happy with the system) the front power button didn't work. 

Totally at a lost. Any idea on what's wrong and what can I do to fix this problem.

Check the front panel headers and make sure you plugged them into the right spot, check your motherboard manual to find out which cable goes where

My motherboard is a AORUS x470 gaming WiFi 7 and the casing is a Lian-li PC011 and the front power button does not work. It lights up but when you press it, the system won't power up and instead I have to use the back power button. The first time I assembled it, it won't power up. The second time I assembled it (because I didn't like the wiring of the system) it powered up nicely via the front power button. The third and final time I assembled the system (because I was happy with the system) the front power button didn't work. 

Totally at a lost. Any idea on what's wrong and what can I do to fix this problem.

3 minutes ago, Z3r0link said:

Check the front panel headers and make sure you plugged them into the right spot, check your motherboard manual to find out which cable goes where

13 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:

yeah check the header placement ._. switches don't have polarity so it's definitely not a plugged-in-reverse thing

On my Mobo it says - and + on all of them,you mean it doesn't matter how you plug them?

CPU:i7 9700k 5047.5Mhz All Cores Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 OC 3467Mhz GPU:MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR 8GB OC Storage:Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB, 2x SSD ADATA PRO SP900 256GB, HDD WD CB 2TB, HDD GREEN 2TB PSU: Seasonic focus plus 750w Gold Display(s): 1st: LG 27UK650-W, 4K, IPS, HDR10, 10bit(8bit + A-FRC). 2nd: Samsung 24" LED Monitor (SE390), Cooling:Fazn CPU Cooler Aero 120T Push/pull Corsair ML PRO Fans Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB mx Rapidfire Mouse:Razer Naga Chroma  Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma Sound: Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker Case: Modded Case Inverted, 5 intake 120mm, one exhaust 120mm.

Do you guys mean that I may need to switch the position of the power button cables on the motherboard?

3 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:

for LEDs, there's definitely a +/-.

for switches, no.

@VegetableStu

Ok thanks!

the cables, one of them on each pair have a little arrow, is this the + or - ?

CPU:i7 9700k 5047.5Mhz All Cores Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 OC 3467Mhz GPU:MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR 8GB OC Storage:Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB, 2x SSD ADATA PRO SP900 256GB, HDD WD CB 2TB, HDD GREEN 2TB PSU: Seasonic focus plus 750w Gold Display(s): 1st: LG 27UK650-W, 4K, IPS, HDR10, 10bit(8bit + A-FRC). 2nd: Samsung 24" LED Monitor (SE390), Cooling:Fazn CPU Cooler Aero 120T Push/pull Corsair ML PRO Fans Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB mx Rapidfire Mouse:Razer Naga Chroma  Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma Sound: Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker Case: Modded Case Inverted, 5 intake 120mm, one exhaust 120mm.

• 2 years later...

I just purchased this same case and have the same problem where when I turn it on the light flashes for half a second but never turns on, I’ve triple checked my header placement but still can’t get it to turn on. Any suggestions?