G-Sync Demo - I'm sold.

Kuzma

So I watched the Nvidia G-Sync Demo video that you can check out below but the most important thing is that you download it and play it in a video player to keep it at a constant 60fps.

I watched it and sure I'm sold BUT I'm an AMD user so I'll more than likely simply wait till DP 1.3 is out and benefit from that and FreeSync - using a variable refresh rate seems like it's going to be the future.

You can check out the demo here:

http://international.download.nvidia.com/geforce-com/international/videos/NVIDIA_GSYNC_Product_Video.mp4

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

Downloading it... So how does a 60 fps video demonstrate g-sync for me again?

The reason why we get tearing is because a 60Hz monitor refreshes every 16ms right? But sometimes it can take longer than that or shorter than that for your GPU to render an image and you get tearing.

Everything's explained in the video pretty much xD so there's no need for me to explain.

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

The reason why we get tearing is because a 60Hz monitor refreshes every 16ms right? But sometimes it can take longer than that or shorter than that for your GPU to render an image and you get tearing.

Everything's explained in the video pretty much xD so there's no need for me to explain.

No I meant like how a demo of g-sync in action could be shown on a fixed refresh rate. But if it really does look like that then holy balls I'm getting a g-sync monitor asap.

No I meant like how a demo of g-sync in action could be shown on a fixed refresh rate. But if it really does look like that then holy balls I'm getting a g-sync monitor asap.

It pretty much shows you what it looks like when your monitor is perfectly in sync with your GPU (which is what V-Sync is supposed to do but because your GPU has to generally slow itself down to do this it lags a tiny bit and you get a bit of input lag hence why people hate it).

So I watched the Nvidia G-Sync Demo video that you can check out below but the most important thing is that you download it and play it in a video player to keep it at a constant 60fps.

I watched it and sure I'm sold BUT I'm an AMD user so I'll more than likely simply wait till DP 1.3 is out and benefit from that and FreeSync - using a variable refresh rate seems like it's going to be the future.

You can check out the demo here:

http://international.download.nvidia.com/geforce-com/international/videos/NVIDIA_GSYNC_Product_Video.mp4

I agree. Variable refresh rate is the way of the future. 

Mhmm, them 4K 144Hz Freesync enabled IPS monitors. ... I can dream can't I?

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Ill wait to next year to get another gpu. Nvidia will probably be at Volta by then.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Ill wait to next year to get another gpu. Nvidia will probably be at Volta by then.

erm...they have yet to do Maxwell...

erm...they have yet to do Maxwell...

exactly my point

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Wow, my eyes came! :D Shut up and take my 280X!!! gimme dat G-Sync!

The best thing to do is probably to wait for the new Nvidia GPUs. Until then, AMD can come up with a good alternative AND there's a large vareity of G-Sync monitors on the market AND as said previously, new Nvidia GPUs are out.

who cares...