144hz Monitor stuck at 60hz

Simon Sniffcock
Go to solution Solved by Glenwing,
7 minutes ago, Flobengogen said:

Hi I recently got a new Acer XF270HU QHD 144Hz monitor. But I'm having trouble running games at 144hz as they all detect it as 60hz. I went into nvidia control panel and made sure the setting is at 144hz. However when I was digging through the monitor settings I noticed it says frequency is "v.60hz" Im guessing it mean its stuck at 60hz? I have no idea what's happened. Im using the Displayport 1.2 cable that came with the monitor which should support 2K at 144hz. 

1.PNG

That page doesn't affect refresh rate/resolution. It's a preview of how the image will be affected by scaling. You set the refresh rate of the monitor from the "Change Resolution" section.

Hi I recently got a new Acer XF270HU QHD 144Hz monitor. But I'm having trouble running games at 144hz as they all detect it as 60hz. I went into nvidia control panel and made sure the setting is at 144hz. However when I was digging through the monitor settings I noticed it says frequency is "v.60hz" Im guessing it mean its stuck at 60hz? I have no idea what's happened. Im using the Displayport 1.2 cable that came with the monitor which should support 2K at 144hz. 

1.PNG

2.PNG

3.png

IMG_20190102_121621.jpg

CPU: i9-13900K |  MOBO: Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Cooling: Corsair iCUE H150i Elite 360mm AIO | RAM: Corsair Dominator RGB 32GB 6200MHz CL36 DDR5 | GPU: MSI Ventus 3X RTX 3090 | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow| PSU: Seasonic Prime GX-1300 Gold 1300W | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K95 Platinum | Mouse: Logitech G Pro Wireless w/ Powerplay

7 minutes ago, Flobengogen said:

1.PNG

That page doesn't affect refresh rate/resolution. It's a preview of how the image will be affected by scaling. You set the refresh rate of the monitor from the "Change Resolution" section.

1 minute ago, lalm07 said:

Have you tried vsync off on the setup?

With shadow of the tomb raider, If I turn off vsync its still stuck at 60hz

4.PNG

CPU: i9-13900K |  MOBO: Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Cooling: Corsair iCUE H150i Elite 360mm AIO | RAM: Corsair Dominator RGB 32GB 6200MHz CL36 DDR5 | GPU: MSI Ventus 3X RTX 3090 | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow| PSU: Seasonic Prime GX-1300 Gold 1300W | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K95 Platinum | Mouse: Logitech G Pro Wireless w/ Powerplay

16 minutes ago, Glenwing said:

Thanks, I cant believe i was looking under the wrong tab