PC is running like SHIT.

NozleNC

Hey guys i really need help! so for the past 8 months now ive been having this problem with constant input delay when playing games and in Fortnite this is a big no no and not only that my game runs like shit to its really choppy and laggy and when you look at people i get like 50-90 frames. But heres the thing i first noticed the input delay on my xbox One, and i thought cos its an old xbox it just needs replacing so instead of replacing it i just got a PC and the input delay was on my computer to! so i thought i was just getting really unlucky and refunded that PC and got a slightly better one and guess what ITS STILL FUCKING SHIT! i have an alian were 240Hz monitor also tried it on a 144hz monitor to, my specs are:

AMD Ryzen 7 1700 Eight Core Processor 3GHZ

16 GB of RAM (not sure what make sorry)

64 bit operating system (windows 10)

Geforce GTX 1070

and im sorry i dont know what the mother board is or cooling system.

ive tried other games and i get input lag and the laggy/shoppy gameplay on them to Fortnite seems the worst tho as its quite high demanding but on CSg IT didnt run badly just had input delay. Im so confused what the problem could be at this point, we think it could be the internet but ive been on the phone for countless hours speaking to them and theve sent engineers out to try fix the problem but they say everything is fine and that its not the internet, we also switched internet providers and upgraded our speeds and still nothing.i wanted to start streaming 8 months ago and i cant because i also want to become a Pro Fortnite player and at this rate thats never ganna happen since i haven't been able to play for months! And i also tried Overclocking my pc yesterday and it didnt help and i also may have made my pc worse cos now when i go on Task Manager my disk space is very high and can go to 100% and my GPU goes to 100% and the other go up really high to, i tried to reverse what i did using MSI afterburner and i still think the changes have been applied even tho i tried to reverse them and i say that cos my PC is really loud and it wasnt before i overclocked it and the percentages are still very high and and also to note that in the msi afterburner which i have now uninstalled my GPU Ghz on msi afterburner and the one below are fluctuating which makes me think ive broke something! im in a big mess right now and it makes my mood shit as i just want to stream as  its the only thing helped me with depression. this last bit isnt the main problem but if you can help me to undo my overclock that would be good to but its mainly the choppy/laggy gameplay with input delay that i need sorting out please! i also want to note that my first PC that i refunded if i remember correctly wasnt choppy and laggy but still had input delay so that just makes the issue a little more confusing, this could be wrong ive honestly sort of forgotten since ive been stressing about this for months so dont take my word on that bit. also i use a mechanical keyboard and ive tried other and a steelseries mouse and ive also tried other and i still get input delay. i have tried everything to sort this so probs not mention the simple answers as ive probs already tried them but anything will help aat this point. could it ben my internet? is there something that my ISP cant see that is casuing thje problem!? probs best noting that i use a wired connection (CAT 6 ethernet cable) 

I PUT THIS IN THE GRAPHICS CARD SECTION AS I REALLY DONT EVEN KNOW WHAT TO PUT IT IN SO YE. 

3 minutes ago, NozleNC said:

alian were

There's a new one

So have you tried on a simple 1080p 60fps monitor? Also, you're not routing video via motherboard video ports are you?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

If you get input lag on both xbox and pc then it's the monitor. 

How much of an input delay are we talking about btw?

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X Cooler: Corsair H100i Platinum SE Mobo: Asus B550-A GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 XC RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200MHz 16CL 4x8GB (DDR4) SSD0: Crucial MX300 525GB SSD1: Samsung QVO 1TB PSU: NZXT C650 Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow Monitor: Asus VG259QM (240Hz)

I usually edit my posts immediately after posting them, as I don't check for typos before pressing the shiny SUBMIT button.

Unraid Server

CPU: Ryzen 5 7600 Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S Mobo: Asus B650E-i RAM: Kingston Server Premier ECC 2x32GB (DDR5) SSD: Samsung 980 2x1TB HDD: Toshiba MG09 1x18TB; Toshiba MG08 2x16TB HDD Controller: LSI 9207-8i PSUCorsair SF750 Case: Node 304

This whole post is a mess.

Firstly, it's not going to be your internet service provider that's causing the delay. I'm going to bet that you're, either, using an old crappy HDMI cable or you're plugging your cables into the wrong port on the PC. You claim there was input delay on the Xbox as well so that means 1 of 3 things. 

#1 Your monitor is having an issue

#2 Your cables are crap

#3 The Xbox doesn't like the high refresh rate and the monitor is forcefully defaulting to 240hz instead of a lower refresh rate that the xbox is compatible with.

Right click on the desktop, select "display settings" scroll down until you see "advanced display settings" then click "display adapter properties for display" finally, click "monitor" and ensure that 240hz is running. If it is, bump it down to 144hz.

The Louvre

Lian-Li PC-O11 DW   |   ZOTAC RTX 2080   |   Core i5 9600k   |   SeaSonic FOCUS Plus 650W Platinum   |   MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon  |  2x16Gb TRIDENT Z ROYAL  |   2xSX8200 240Gb NVME SSD's  |   1x Seagate Firecuda 1TB   |   EVGA Closed Loop Cooler 280mm   |   1x MSI MPG27C Monitor

ive tried everything you guys have already said. i have new cables i have bought many. my xbox was never using the 240hz and plus im talking about my PC mainly. i use a Display port and YES its plugged into the GPU section of the PC. 

i have taken my pc to my Grandmothers house and there was no choppy/ laggy gameplay but still input lag what could this mean? it must be internet right?

im a competitive gamer, im not going to use 60Hz when i have 240Hz pluss i use to use a 144Hz monitor and the problem still persisted. 

And the input delay on my xbox was god awful it was around 1.5 to 2 seconds YUCK. but on my pc it seems less but still very noticeable. 

what you guys need to note as well is that everything was fine and then it slowly started to  happen for example on my xbox i would start getting input lag so i would restart it and then it would go away but then after a few weeks it was permanent. this is when i switched to pc and still had the issue. This is what makes me think it could  be the internet or is there a possibility that  its my Power Socket cos we've got mold in the house that we cant get rid of and its in the walls and downstairs theirs one that has mold on the power socket and im wondering if its damaged some of the wiring to the point that my pc isnt getting the full power it needs?? as you can tell ive had alot of time to think about all this which is why im coming up with all these ideas but they r possibilities right? 

On 1/1/2019 at 9:04 PM, NozleNC said:

what you guys need to note as well is that everything was fine and then it slowly started to  happen for example on my xbox i would start getting input lag so i would restart it and then it would go away but then after a few weeks it was permanent. this is when i switched to pc and still had the issue. This is what makes me think it could  be the internet or is there a possibility that  its my Power Socket cos we've got mold in the house that we cant get rid of and its in the walls and downstairs theirs one that has mold on the power socket and im wondering if its damaged some of the wiring to the point that my pc isnt getting the full power it needs?? as you can tell ive had alot of time to think about all this which is why im coming up with all these ideas but they r possibilities right? 

I'm guessing this hasn't been solved yet ?
This is going to be a long shot, but worth trying if you haven't already. Firstly you might want to check if you have v-sync on while in-game, if you do, try turning it off, also if your monitor has a "das" feature, try turning those settings on. Also, i'm wondering what kind of ping you have while you're playing the game ? That's a very good way of figuring out if your internet is the issue.

Since you overclocked the PC, that might also be an issue, if the overclock is not stable, however if that were the case, you'd most likely get a lot of stuttering, not necessarily laggy gameplay. Try turning it back down to stock speeds.

Regarding to your disk usage being 100% most of the time, you might want to check what process is using so much of it in task manager and go from there (this might also be the issue for you getting the input lag).
For the GPU, is it at 100% while you're in-game, or is it while the PC is idling ?

Regarding the speeds fluctuating, that doesn't mean anything is broken, that's pretty normal.
Also, about the mold. If the mold was causing issues with the current, most likely the PC would turn itself off and reboot (or stay off), so that's probably not the issue.

1st Xbox, then PC, laggy shitty play? Sounds like craptastic internet.

Black Knight-

Ryzen 5 5600, GIGABYTE B550M DS3H, 16Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Asrock RX 6800 XT Phantom Gaming,

Seasonic Focus GM 750, Samsung EVO 860 EVO SSD M.2, Intel 660p Series M.2 2280 1TB PCIe NVMe, Linux Mint 20.2 Cinnamon

Daughter's Rig;

MSI B450 A Pro, Ryzen 5 3600x, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Silicon Power A55 512GB SSD, Gigabyte RX 5700 Gaming OC, Corsair CX430

Try going to nvpanel settings and put pre rendered frames to 1 and choose adaptive for vsync type.  Then let us know.  good luck

Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4500 @ 1.408v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1866 & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 / Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse & G915 Linear & G935 & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk / NF-A14 Int P12 Ex
AOC 40" 4k Curved / LG 55" OLED C9 120hz / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus M.2 Card

Hey guys ive already tried all this and unfortunately no fix :( i just dont understand what it is! i have a pretty good pc i have put on the ultimate performance in windows etc and nothing. I have bad input lag and when i look at people or cities in fortnite its choppy and even more input delay! my Ping in game averages from 20-30 ping and late game when there is only 1 person left i can sometimes get 1-10 ping. The thing is tho i watch a bunch of streamers who get very simular frame rates to me and their games arnt choppy and dont have input lag its BS . we switched ISP and upgraded our speeds as well. And Yes i  have Vsync off.

And whats weird is when i went to my Grandmas house a couple of months back i took my PC there to try it out and my game wasnt choppy at all! for some reason i still had input delay or atleast i think i did but NO choppy/ laggy feeling when playing, what does that mean? 

And just to Clarify on my xbox i ONLY had Input Delay, then i switched to PC and i had Input Delay and Choppy/Laggy gameplay on both PC's. its weird i know ive been dealing with this shit for 9-10 months. 

Ping 21       Download 61.54        Upload 18.68

ive talked to my ISP for hours on end and they say theirs noting wrong but it has to be no? is there interference or bandwidth problems idk. 

To make it more simple to understand... Couple questions:

1. Have you tried a different monitor?

2. Have you tried completely resetting the settings on the monitor? If not, do so now.

3. How much "Input" lag are we talking about? 

Yes i used to play on a 144Hz monitor which i still had the problem on and then i switched to this one which is 240Hz, i use them both at the same time now. And im not sure how to reset the monitor but i really dont think my monitor are the issue since it happens on both. and id say a good second of input delay or at least enough to notice it, you shouldn't be able to feel any delay when playing games especially since im a really Competitive player. 

Plus in a post above i said i didnt have the choppy feeling when i went to my Grandmas house so it cant be the Monitors.

Completely disconnect from the internet, play a single player game (While not connected to the internet). Is there any problem then?

If you do not, than it is something with the internet locally, Otherwise.. Download MSI afterburner and run it while you play a game for 15-20mins.. What are your GPU and CPU tempatures?

Okay ill download and play the Forest offline and ill get back to you when ive done! 

Hey i did what you said and the game ran at around 108 FPS on lowish settings and it feels quite smooth no stuttering or anything BUT i feel like i still had input delay... i was moving left to right quite fast and it just wast responding quick enough it felt like it was falling behind if that makes sense idk tho cos the Forest is a quite old game which mechanics probs dont  get optimised but i still felt input lag. but no choppiness. 

18 minutes ago, NozleNC said:

Hey i did what you said and the game ran at around 108 FPS on lowish settings and it feels quite smooth no stuttering or anything BUT i feel like i still had input delay... i was moving left to right quite fast and it just wast responding quick enough it felt like it was falling behind if that makes sense idk tho cos the Forest is a quite old game which mechanics probs dont  get optimised but i still felt input lag. but no choppiness. 

So from the sound of it, you may need to just get used to the feel of the game, some games do indeed have that weird feeling of not feeling instant. It's just how some games are.

But to be assured, Can you download MSI afterburner and open it up and run the same game... Does choppiness/Input lag happen then? If it does, what are your temps on your GPU and CPU. (look at the graphs when you open up the program, scroll down to find CPU temperature)

Afterburner can be downloaded HERE

hey sorry for the long reply. Anyway i downloaded MSI After Burner and  my temp before going in a game was 42 and then when i went into  a game it was minimum 55 and peeked at 61, but as of right now its just staying at 60. Not going to lie tho when i went in Creative mode on Fortnite with MSI afterburner up it felt a lot smoother and less delayed but that's because creative mode only has me in the whole server but when into a public game it felt the same still choppy when theirs people or cities in front of me and input delay maybe it felt a little but better but not that much. BUT overall it made improvements when i was in Creative mode it did feel better but as i said before im the only person on that server, and an online game with others felt the same so thats a little confusing but hopefully u might know the issue. 

EDITED: actually i just went into another online game and it still feels really bad. 9shoppy and laggy)