Software for organizing (moving) photos

Jotoco

Hi all, I would like a hand here. 

I have around 700GB of digital family photos beginning early 2000. Several years ago I used a software to remove duplicates and move it to folders by date, problem is I don't remember which software that was. 

The reason I come to you is because at the time I tried using several softwares and many simply deleted wrong files and made a mess, I was so glad I made a backup before using any of then. I remember taking weeks until I was satisfied with the result. 

I don't have that amount of time anymore. 

All of these photos are backed up to One Drive already, so if I destroy then I can recover, but downloading 700GB is not something me or my ISP would like to do. 

So, TLDR:

1 - Need software to organize photos by date, actually moving stuff in to folders not just showing it;

2 - Bonus points if it can detect duplicate files and flag then;

3 - Bonus points if it can tag the photos using some kind of AI or something;

4 - Further bonus if it can, like Picasa identify people and make it easy to find pictures of someone.

Recommendations? 

Thanks in advance! 

You should try digiKAM. Its opensource software, meaning that its free but can be tedious to learn. (*Opens digiKam*) So it can organize by filename and any metadata file has. I'm not entirely sure if it can move files between folders. I would imagine so as folders are seen as albums in viewer. Detect duplicates, yes, but requires some time to scan library. Same with facial recognition and geolocation etc. This includes tagging. Ofc if you take your time to add custom tags, maybe tag folders as one etc. this will make things easier for you.

This is 3rd organization software I've used. Previous ones were Picasa, rip, and Zoner free edition. Compared digiKAM is aiming for Adobe features and over, pretty much what GIMP is doing. If you are into photography, there's Darktable for more editing options. DigiKAM has pretty good documentation and you can find quick setup tutorials for it too.

E: So tested moving stuff. Works and moves actual files.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv