Help in ugrading which part

Hi. I recently got a Palit GTX 1070 JetStream but I currently have a 500gb hdd and a 1366x768 resolution monitor. Can you help me what to upgrade first?

A bigger hdd or a 1080p monitor?

Im on a student budget build and will take some time to upgrade especially a 144hz monitor thats why I only put 1080p monitor here. On the other side, I have a small storage device. So please help me

Note: My 500gb hdd is where everything is (os, files, psd, illustrator and premiere files, games, etc)

I have a 480GB SSD and i got like 4-5 games that i play and that is rly enough. I would go with a 1080p 144Hz monitor. I've got a Acer KG1 KG251QFbmidpx. It was cheap and it is good IMO. 

Edit: you can also go with both. Get an Samsung 960 Evo 250GB for your windows. Its rly good and cheap atm 

60Hz monitor & a cheap SSD?

If you're interested in a product please download and read the manual first.

Don't forget to tag or quote in your reply if you want me to know you've answered or have another question.

Just now, gorgonzola5000 said:

SSD prices are quite good now so I would just buy the SSD now

If I buy a ssd here in Philippines, my 2.5k budget will be gone and its only a additional 250gb.. thats why I only opt for a 7200rpm hdd

Just now, keskparane said:

60Hz monitor & a HDD?

for now only 1 of the two options since its what I can afford as of now hehe

Just now, Kingvlad said:

for now only 1 of the two options since its what I can afford as of now hehe

maybe if you get a 144Hz monitor it is, but what if you didnt?

If you're interested in a product please download and read the manual first.

Don't forget to tag or quote in your reply if you want me to know you've answered or have another question.

Depends what you want to do with your PC, I personally am not concerned about playing at 4K for now until I get a few more big upgrades like CPU, MOBO etc, I'd look at upgrading your storage if it were me, I've recently bought a new 2TB HDD and Samsung 860 EVO 500gb SSD, I only had 1TB HDD storage but I store so much stuff on my PC it was worth the massive upgrade, maybe not go to such an intense upgrade like I did but maybe at least look at getting an extra 1TB storage, especially if you game, as they seem to be getting bigger and bigger as well as big updates *cough* pubg *cough* 

1080p monitor to enjoy that 1070 for sure 

PC: Alienware 15 R3  Cpu: 7700hq  GPu : 1070 OC   Display: 1080p IPS Gsync panel 60hz  Storage: 970 evo 250 gb / 970 evo plus 500gb

Audio: Sennheiser HD 6xx  DAC: Schiit Modi 3E Amp: Schiit Magni Heresy

First rule of buying a GPU is budget for the monitor and buy together, unless your sticking at your current frame rate.

You could have got a very good GPU and 1080p monitor for not much more than the cost of the 1070.

Its an easy mistake to make. If I was you would be either saving for a 1400p monitor if my rig can handle that OR looking at a decent 1080p 144Hz monitor and an SSD.

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz

11 minutes ago, NIneEyeRon said:

First rule of buying a GPU is budget for the monitor and buy together, unless your sticking at your current frame rate.

You could have got a very good GPU and 1080p monitor for not much more than the cost of the 1070.

Its an easy mistake to make. If I was you would be either saving for a 1400p monitor if my rig can handle that OR looking at a decent 1080p 144Hz monitor and an SSD.

Thabks for you info. But I just got the 1070 from a swap with my 1050ti + cash which is a good deal for me and the guy that I swapped cards with

Just now, Kingvlad said:

Thabks for you info. But I just got the 1070 from a swap with my 1050ti + cash which is a good deal for me and the guy that I swapped cards with

Nice!

I wish I had friends like that, or friends I general.

I plan on seeing in the new year on CSGO...

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz