Liquid cooling working but temperature rising???

i bought corsair h40 plugged everything and fan is spinning but cpu temperatures are just goijg up and now im looking in bios and they went down from 70 to 61 C and rising up again i have i5 750 and i disabled overclock and its still the same and i had lower temperatures on LL-CC-95 air cooler or maybe i installed fan on wrong side?

1546194234120265967610.jpg

The i5 750 shouldn't make much heat, if it just keeps going up and up, that could be due to a bad pump, it could also be due to lack of airflow, but 70c with boost off is pretty bad, can you monitor the pump RPM?

Current Build

Spoiler
  • CPU
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
  • GPU
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
  • Sound
  • Operating System

Well it appears you are pulling in air and not using the warmer air from inside the case so I don't think that is the issue.  Have you tried re-seating your cooler and checking your thermal paste application?  Did you use enough pressure when you screwed the cooler down?

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

37 minutes ago, nick name said:

Well it appears you are pulling in air and not using the warmer air from inside the case so I don't think that is the issue.  Have you tried re-seating your cooler and checking your thermal paste application?  Did you use enough pressure when you screwed the cooler down?

im going to try re asiting cooler one end wasnt screwed enough so i screwed it real good and now temp is 37 and not going up thanks for the alert

38 minutes ago, Emanbaird said:

The i5 750 shouldn't make much heat, if it just keeps going up and up, that could be due to a bad pump, it could also be due to lack of airflow, but 70c with boost off is pretty bad, can you monitor the pump RPM?

now its 60-75C idle at 3.9 GHz i didnt screw it right but still temps get pretty high

you fan orientation is pulling air into the case, which is fine, but has no filter (radiator is prolly clogged with dust and what-not) the fan blade tell a unique story.

1 hour ago, airdeano said:

you fan orientation is pulling air into the case, which is fine, but has no filter (radiator is prolly clogged with dust and what-not) the fan blade tell a unique story.

I had cpu pin inside systemfan1 instead cpu fan pinned in lol but thanks anyway!!

Also make sure your pump motor is running on pump plugin on mobo or on fixed power or if you can only run it off a mobo header set that header to 100% so the pump always runs on high. 

You should also put into context that waterloops heat up over time as the system runs "TO A POINT" then you reach operating temps. if your rad on this single loop can not keep up with heat increasing then it wont keep up and that temp will keep rising until failing. 

Asrock X670E Steel Legend - AMD 7600X(5.5Ghz) -  XFX Speedster-Zero EKWB Edition 6900XTXH 

-32GB Kingston Fury Beast 6000mhz DDR5 - WB Black 1 & 2 TB NVME -EVGA 1300W G2

Full loop 2x480mm XSPC RX Rads / Thermaltake Pacific W8 Block

42 minutes ago, solarflare said:

Also make sure your pump motor is running on pump plugin on mobo or on fixed power or if you can only run it off a mobo header set that header to 100% so the pump always runs on high. 

You should also put into context that waterloops heat up over time as the system runs "TO A POINT" then you reach operating temps. if your rad on this single loop can not keep up with heat increasing then it wont keep up and that temp will keep rising until failing. 

so i was playing a game right now and temperature max was 91°C thats insane but i overclocked it to 3.7 ghz but on my air cooler i had 3.9 ghz max 80C when im idle its 49-63C

your overclock may be an issue but make sure you have sufficient thermal paste between the cpu and cooler, and you cleaned both the cpu and the cooler before you appied, if you have more thermal pase you can always reapply , just make sure that if you have screws to mount your cooler that you use a cross pattern to tighten it down, so you get even spread. hope this helps,

Ben

34 minutes ago, plshelp said:

your overclock may be an issue but make sure you have sufficient thermal paste between the cpu and cooler, and you cleaned both the cpu and the cooler before you appied, if you have more thermal pase you can always reapply , just make sure that if you have screws to mount your cooler that you use a cross pattern to tighten it down, so you get even spread. hope this helps,

Ben

Today im going to buy thermal paste and apply it and clean everything,but what if that doesnt help

Look up a video on how to do it properly <<<<DO THIS. and if reapplying and cleaning doesn't work then try cranking down the overclock a bit. try looking at an installation guide for the cooler. What are your temperatures at idle?

44 minutes ago, plshelp said:

Look up a video on how to do it properly <<<<DO THIS. and if reapplying and cleaning doesn't work then try cranking down the overclock a bit. try looking at an installation guide for the cooler. What are your temperatures at idle?

50-70 at 3.7 ghz but with air cooler this never happened it was arround 40-60 and when gaming it is 70-90 with liquid 

as i said before if you dont have enough rad for application then when you oc the heat will just climb. 

on a stock cpu the liquid cooling has some advantages , temp swings are not as common and the fans can often run in quiet mode. 

When you OC though you need enough rad to keep your water temps down. 90*C is to high 

This looks like a single 120mm rad , imho your expecting too much from that rad. 

Higher pressure fans might help a bit but a dual rad would be ideal for you. 

Asrock X670E Steel Legend - AMD 7600X(5.5Ghz) -  XFX Speedster-Zero EKWB Edition 6900XTXH 

-32GB Kingston Fury Beast 6000mhz DDR5 - WB Black 1 & 2 TB NVME -EVGA 1300W G2

Full loop 2x480mm XSPC RX Rads / Thermaltake Pacific W8 Block

6 hours ago, solarflare said:

as i said before if you dont have enough rad for application then when you oc the heat will just climb. 

on a stock cpu the liquid cooling has some advantages , temp swings are not as common and the fans can often run in quiet mode. 

When you OC though you need enough rad to keep your water temps down. 90*C is to high 

This looks like a single 120mm rad , imho your expecting too much from that rad. 

Higher pressure fans might help a bit but a dual rad would be ideal for you. 

Dont worry i oc'd from 3.7 ot 3.9, applied NEW thermal paste, 40-50 C at idle :) and when gaming 80C or less and im happy with it if its less than 85 C