Pc wont start after ram slots swap..

So i was swaping my rams from b2 and b1 to a2 and b2, but when i try to get my pc to start, everything seems to work fine but my screen light indicator keeps blinking but it wont show anything.. Any clue what might causer this? Its been done in the past also but after a force restart it usually works fine.

I'd try putting your ram back in it's original slots, maybe the DIMM slots are messed up. You could try taking out the ram and putting it in a2 and b2 again 

"People always fear change. People feared electricity when it was invented, didn't they? People feared coal, they feared gas-powered engines... There will always be ignorance, and ignorance leads to fear. But with time, people will come to accept their silicon masters."

Bill Gates

2 minutes ago, yellowhawk said:

So i was swaping my rams from b2 and b1 to a2 and b2, but when i try to get my pc to start, everything seems to work fine but my screen light indicator keeps blinking but it wont show anything.. Any clue what might causer this? Its been done in the past also but after a force restart it usually works fine.

Just remove them and put them in again that usually fixes it. If that doesn't help you might need to reset your CMOS.

Also, I'm not sure what Motherboard you have but, it's usually either a1 a2 or b1 b2 for dual channel.

Make sure to quote or tag people, so they get notified.

970 pro3 asrick is my mobo, i tried putting them back together but nothing.. How do i reset my cmos?

Maybe im not forcing the ram down enough? But i dont wanna overdo it and cause dmg.

7 minutes ago, yellowhawk said:

Maybe im not forcing the ram down enough? But i dont wanna overdo it and cause dmg.

If the plastic tabs on both sides click and pop into the closed position you pushed the modules in enough.

You could try taking them out and putting them back in a few more times. It shouldn't hurt the contacts and I once had an issue with a used module that wasn't packaged well enough and it started working after the 10th installation. Made it through Memtest just fine after that.

You could also try them one at a time in any of the slots.

PC: CPU: Intel i7-4790 MB: Gigabyte B85N RAM: Adata 4GB + Kingston 8GB SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB GPU: XFX GTR RX 480 8GB Case: Advantech IPC-510 PSU: Corsair RM1000i KB: Idobao x YMDK ID75 with Outemu Silent Grey Mouse: Logitech G305 Mousepad: LTT Deskpad Headphones: AKG K240 Sextett
Phone: Sony Xperia 5 II

4 minutes ago, yellowhawk said:

Like this? Doesnt feel like it can go any deeper.. 

that dosnt look seated to me?

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

I don't think that's seated, carefully try pushing it down more

"People always fear change. People feared electricity when it was invented, didn't they? People feared coal, they feared gas-powered engines... There will always be ignorance, and ignorance leads to fear. But with time, people will come to accept their silicon masters."

Bill Gates

Ok i wanna try something, you guys know if AMD phenom II x4 965 is cooler dependant without oc ofc?

You push the ram in until the tabs click.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

The little edges of the safety tabs of the ram slots cant get actually inside the gullys of the ram.. Is the toothpick where the safety tabs are supposed to lock in to?

It kinda just grabs it from the outside.. it feels wrong but im actually pushing and shaking the ram so it can fit better, to the point where the motherboard bends.. ill keep trying though..

IMG_20181230_184322.jpg

Ok if this helps... It feels as if my monitor isnt connected for some reason which worries me that i might did smthing wrong and ripedd my gpu..

Can you start with a single stick? Also, this is how you can reset your CMOS:

Spoiler

image.png.33d23e23e0fb7d5fb90254f40ccd2843.png

This is on page 25 of the manual if you have it at hand.

Ps.: You need both notches to be secured not just the bottom one. On the picture you linked before, the top end of the RAM wasn't in the slot at all. Just align it properly and, you'll hear a click when it's secured.

Worst motherboard of the fucking world.. I did it after... A few minutes. Definetely didnt spend 1/3 of my day just to plug 1 ram.... Hahaa

IMG_20181230_203512.jpg

No it just keeps turning off after a few seconds before anything appears on the screen.

Have you tried resetting the CMOS yet? I had a boot loop as well after I put my other RAM stick back in but, simply reseating it fixed the issue for me.

Yea im just not sure if this its gonma make my screen to display stuff again.. i also removed my gpu and put it into place again.It looks placed right tho.. (lil dusty ye) I guess ill try the cmos thing now

EDIT: Ok actually big news, it worked, the display worked, it just didnt have them time to get going cause my pc turned off again.. I am assuming since i got this screen time of "_" this and the screen wasnt pitch black but the more light black that you get when your screen is working i actually didnt short circuit anything... We have 10 celsius and im without socks or the last like 4 hours xD.. 

IMG_20181230_204935.jpg

Ok i found the jumper cap and the 3 pin clearmos1 thing, i unplugged my pc and put it on 2-3 to clear the cmos, before i start the pc do i put it back on 1-2 or do i start it while its on 2-3?

Edit: Ok i reset my cmos but the pc still wont open :(

remove all non-essential hardware (HDD, SSD, if you got an internal GPU remove the external one), restart the PC with the clear cmos jumper on its original position (NOT the reset position!!), check all power cables (mobo, cpu especially).

Did that, even though everything seems to go normal, the pc will still shut down after few seconds...