Does a macbook pro atleast have enough power to play light games?

SidM
Go to solution Solved by RollinLower,
8 minutes ago, SidM said:

So should I like pay extra for a better gpu or something?

that really won't help with the price/performance ratio tough. if anything, it'll make things worse. you'll pay extra for a more powerfull GPU that will just have more power limits because of the limited cooling.

Apple sells a 15 inch MacBook pro with an i7 8850h and 4gb 560x with 16gb memory. On paper, these specs are good for light gaming at low to medium settings, but still many reviewers recommend against buying this machine for gaming, they talk about thermal throttling and stuff. But a number of YouTubers use these things for editing on the go. So like I wanted you guys to tell me if the 560x is capable or should I upgrade to a vega 16 or vega 20 for 250 or 300 usd respectively. And yes, for 2800 you can get a really powerful windows machine, you can build a hackintosh and all, but I just want to know.(Chances of me buying this are a bit slim)

you could ofcourse do some light gaming on this. the thing why everyone recommends against it tough is that any simmilarly priced windows laptop will probably have better specs.

but if you really must, you can ofcourse game on this. it will just be a worse experience.

4 minutes ago, RollinLower said:

you could ofcourse do some light gaming on this. the thing why everyone recommends against it tough is that any simmilarly priced windows laptop will probably have better specs.

but if you really must, you can ofcourse game on this. it will just be a worse experience.

8 minutes ago, SidM said:

that really won't help with the price/performance ratio tough. if anything, it'll make things worse. you'll pay extra for a more powerfull GPU that will just have more power limits because of the limited cooling.

26 minutes ago, SidM said:

Apple sells a 15 inch MacBook pro with an i7 8850h and 4gb 560x with 16gb memory. On paper, these specs are good for light gaming at low to medium settings, but still many reviewers recommend against buying this machine for gaming, they talk about thermal throttling and stuff. But a number of YouTubers use these things for editing on the go. So like I wanted you guys to tell me if the 560x is capable or should I upgrade to a vega 16 or vega 20 for 250 or 300 usd respectively. And yes, for 2800 you can get a really powerful windows machine, you can build a hackintosh and all, but I just want to know.(Chances of me buying this are a bit slim)

Skyrim maxxed on a 2012 MBP

Just get a windows + hackintosh and stop letting Crapple steal your hard earned clams