can you use any monitor for an xbox 360 as long as its hdmi?

NotTheRelaxngEnd

tl;dwwm: i have no tv, a mac and no job rn, i got an xbox 360 as gift before moving, can i use any 15 dollar hdmi input gateway monitor that i can perfectly afford in my current state to use that xbox 360 w/o issues after seeing some people complaining about incompatibility issues with windows 8 or some crap? or is there something specific i should look for to be sure it will be compatible when i have seen no one ever talk about the monitor, much less hook it up to a 9 year old xbox

I believe you should be fine, just you would play at a lower resolution. There should be literally no harm in trying tough

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

9 hours ago, NotTheRelaxngEnd said:

tl;dwwm: i have no tv, a mac and no job rn, i got an xbox 360 as gift before moving, can i use any 15 dollar hdmi input gateway monitor that i can perfectly afford in my current state to use that xbox 360 w/o issues after seeing some people complaining about incompatibility issues with windows 8 or some crap? or is there something specific i should look for to be sure it will be compatible when i have seen no one ever talk about the monitor, much less hook it up to a 9 year old xbox

mhm, mostly.

Should be widescreen...

And you don't even need a Monitor with HDMI at all:
https://www.amazon.de/Xbox-360-VGA-Kabel/dp/B0012NRNJA

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"