How do Razer do it?

That Norwegian Guy

So my brother is now getting his fourth Razer mouse in 2 years. The other ones broke in some way or another. So I've asked him before; "why not just get something, well, NOT Razer this time since you're obviously not having luck with those?"

He doesn't want to hear it. To him, Razer is the be all, end all gaming mice manufacturer (even if he's never even held a mouse from someone else) - and he's not the only one. So many people I know have these mice, they're like the VW Golf (the car) of gaming mice.

How have they created so many blind followers and staunch defenders in spite of their product's build quality? What's UP with that?

I'm going to steal my brother's new Razer and leave my Func MS-3 at his house for a week and see if I can convert him.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

My Razer DeathAdder mouse is over 3 years old and I haven't had any problems with it. Have you looked into Corsair mice? My friends have them and they really like them.

marketing, just like how bose has super high end speakers, and apple computers are better than any other maker.

Will work for electronic components and parts

Reviews: Meelec CC51P - Monoprice 8323 - Koss Porta Pros  - Shure SRH-440 - Shure SRH-550DJShure SRH-840 - Hifiman He-500 - iBasso D4 - o2 Amplifier  -  SkeletonDac

I've actually have had my Razer Mamba for 3+ years and it still works fine though the battery life is shorter now but that is to be expected

3770k, Asrock Extreme 4, 16GB Dominator Plat, AX760i, 250GB BX100, 1.5TB Seagate, Win 7 Home Prem 

aesthetics + marketing + high cost

it works and looks nice for the critical first impression. the high cost persuades people to defend their purchases. eventually, they start buying into their own ranting.

basically, those 3 points results in the buyer word-of-mouth advertising (the most effective form) to themselves. vicious cycle really.

I had a Razer Copperhead a while back, though it was a pretty good mouse, I had to get rid of it because the rubberized coating began to turn sticky and it was simply not usable after a while. The sensor was fine, it's the crappy coating that made the mouse unusable. I had another cheap mouse with such a rubberized coat that did the same exact thing, so I basically gave up on such mice. I'd gotten a Logitech G9 v1.0 at launch, and guess what, it's right beside the KB I am using.....after years of service, it's still doing a bang up job now. My other mice are a CM Xornet and a Tt Level 10M mouse......no more Razer for me!

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

Yap basically aesthetics and marketing. The only thing I would get from Razer is their mice....but other than that...no. I do like the fact that they contribute to the e-sport scene by sponsoring many teams, though. You could say that's just another way of marketing, but hey it's working and many teams get sponsorsed to have a chance to get into e-sports at a higher level.

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 | CM Hyper 212 Evo | MSI ZH77A-G43 | HyperX Fury DDR3 8GBx2 | MSI GTX 1060 GAMING X 3GB

Lian-Li PC-A05FN | SanDisk Ultra II 240GB | WD 1TB Blue | Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 550W | ASUS MG248Q

Cherry G80-3000 (blue) | Ducky 9008 Shine 2 (black/blue LED) | Ducky 9087 Shine 2 Year of the Dragon (brown/yellow LED)

Ducky Mini Year of the Horse (white/blue+red LED) | Steelseries 6Gv2 (black) | Leopold FC660M (red) | Vortex Race 3 (blue)

Logitech G400s | Razer Abyssus Mirror Edition | Razer Goliathus Speed

Steelseries Sensei RAW | SteelSeries Qck | Zowie EC1-ASteelseries Qck+ Fnatic edition

Maybe show him a few professional reviews to show that Razer are not the be all and end all of gaming peripherals... I do think they make a good products but there are other products out there as good and better imo.

Meh DeathAdders...LifeSubtractors would be cooler :D haha bad joke.

Razer isn't just a peripheral company, they're a brand. It is all marketing and a bit of OOH SHINY!

Razer isn't just a peripheral company, they're a brand. It is all marketing and a bit of OOH SHINY!

Yep, the only marketing team better than Razer at selling something shiny but with hardly any substance is.....dare I say it? Apple's iPhone!!!

*ducks under table*

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

apple has NOWHERE near the QC quality has Razer does. don't pretend that it does. Razer's marketing team is BETTER than apples lol

LMAO! :D Can't argue with that!

The new DA 2013 is suprisingly well built. It's not the most solid mouse out there but it's one of the top.

For a while, Razer was the only company that it could actually be said was catering towards gamers whereas all the others were sort of just an afterthought and didn't really answer gamers needs/wants in peripherals. Now, this isn't the case with nearly every major peripherals manufacturer competing with Razer on several levels. I've owned several Razer products in the past and I've only had an issue with one which was my Razer Lycosa which I later discovered was my own fault and was able to fix. That said, I've moved on to other companies for both mice and keyboards because I feel that those companies have better product offerings than Razer.

Current Rig
AMD Ryzen 5900X - Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming WiFi 2 - 32 GB GSkill TridentZ RGB
GeForce RTX 3080 - WD Black SN850 1TB  - Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL

Let me tell you my experience with Razer back in 2009. I and my friend had Razer Naga, and both of our mice started having problems just after 8 months of usage. I gotta admit that it felt really comfortable but it just didn't mean to last for a very long time. I guess the reason Razer can still attract people to buy their products is that because they have been very popular in gaming industry, and their products do feel good and also look good although not for a long time. That Razer mouse that I had was my very first gaming mouse, and I wanted to buy it because it looked really cool. I also played Dota a lot, and most of the time I saw Dota tournament, the biggest brand that came up was either Razer or Steelseries. I didn't really know much about gaming peripherals back then, and all I know about Razer is that they are very popular among gamers all around the world and they do make cool stuff. I looked at Steelseries mice, but that plain looking mice just didn't got my attention as much as Razer did. I believe this is also happening to most people out there who still buy Razer mice. They just don't care much about durability, they care most about the look and the popularity of the product. I heard people have good experience with the DA, but I haven't tried it yet so I can't confirm it.

"Yippie-ki-yay motherf**ker!"  ~John McClane

on my 4th mamba in a year and 3 months :(
Perhaps you ought to get in touch with OP, he'd want you to let his bro know about the crap time you are having with your Razer.

on my 4th mamba in a year and 3 months :(
Maybe you can try to get them before it reaches to the 1st holder who opens them? Because I had a bad experience buying them online. Either go to the retailers or don't buy them. Just like buying pizza, delivery man sends them. I can never trust them because the last time I had a delivery man sends the pizza, it tastes funny. So yeah, it's like that. There is other country ships them already, then another party ships that product to you. I rather buy them straight after the 1st party ships to my country. So this is my experience having those faulty products. Either buy them straight after the 1st party ships or don't buy them. Well, this is my incident.

It's exactly the same for Beat by dr. dre. I hate people who think beats are like the ultimatum of sound headsets/earbuds. People can be so oblivious :/

CPU:

Intel Core i5 2500k - Motherboard: Asus maximus iv gene-z - RAM: 2x Corsair Vengeance Blue 4GB DDR3-1600 CL9 - GPU: ASUS GTX 770 DirectCU II
Case: Coolermaster Centurion 5 II - Storage: Crucial M4 128GB, Seagate barracuda 3TB PSU: XFX 650W XXX Edition Modular PSU - Keyboard: Ducky Shine 2 Pro
Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013 - Sound: Razer Characias

It's exactly the same for Beat by dr. dre. I hate people who think beats are like the ultimatum of sound headsets/earbuds. People can be so oblivious :/
Yeah, this is another one of my pet peeves, just hate those 'audiophiles' who think Beats is the ultimate in earphones/headphones. I'd take a Sennheiser over a Beats anything, anywhere...

Even JB falls for it haha

So my brother is now getting his fourth Razer mouse in 2 years. The other ones broke in some way or another. So I've asked him before; "why not just get something' date=' well, NOT Razer this time since you're obviously not having luck with those?" He doesn't want to hear it. To him, Razer is the be all, end all gaming mice manufacturer (even if he's never even held a mouse from someone else) - and he's not the only one. So many people I know have these mice, they're like the VW Golf (the car) of gaming mice. How have they created so many blind followers and staunch defenders in spite of their product's build quality? What's UP with that? I'm going to steal my brother's new Razer and leave my Func MS-3 at his house for a week and see if I can convert him.[/quote']

Well, Razer is good at making their products sexy. They'd like apple, regardless of build quality, the stylish appeal wins most people over. My older brother is the same way about Razer mice. He's so narrow minded about them being the only choice worth buying that I don't even bother to persuade him otherwise anymore. It's also hard to change because people (especially electronics nerds, lets be honest) don't like being proved wrong.

He who dies with the most tools wins.

I love their packaging lol... using the razer lycosa but I don't really like it... so far its been okay and its only bugged out once :D .... fml

Getting a cm storm tk soon :D

Case: Fractal Design R4 (x2 Noctua 140mm Fans, x2 Fractal Design Fans)            Processor: Intel Core i7 3770k @4.2GHz (Hyper 212 Evo)             Audioengine A5+ Black Speakers

Motherboard: MSI Z77A-G45 ATX LGA1155 Z77 DDR3                                           Graphics Card: EVGA GTX 1080 SC                                               Corsair K65 RGB Cherry MX Red

Memory: G.SKILL Ripjaws X 4X4GB DDR3-1600                                                     Power Supply: OCZ Z-Series Semi Modular Gold 850W                 ASUS & LG 21.5 Monitor (Dual monitor arm)