Buying a "No Name" Tablet

bosnian_guy
Go to solution Solved by scaryjam823,

I agree, I got a cheap tablet thinking it's cheap and I can deal. But trust me, dealing with low ram and a bad screen will make you leave it sitting next to your toliet so every time you take a leak you wonder why you wasted the money on that junk. It's just not worth getting a cheap no name tablet, in any circumstances.

Hey guys,

I have been wanting a tablet for a long time, but I live in Bosnia and Herzegovina and here tablets are very expensive. But there are some cheap "No Name" tablets. I found one that I really like. Here are the specs:

7" Screen

840x480 resolution 138 ppi

Dual Core 1.3 GHz ATM 7021

GPU PowerVR SGX 540

512 MB RAM

4 GB ROM

Android 4.2.2

2.0 mp back, and 1.3 front facing camera

HDMI

2800 mah battery

I know it is not good but what do you think? It has a 6 month warranty.

You can look at the pictures here:

http://www.pik.ba/artikal/10564161/tablet-pc-7-dual-core-hdmi-4gb/

I think it has a very poopy screen with 840x480 resolution and 138ppi

i3-2120|4gb 1333|GTX 650ti 1gb|Fractal R4|Corsair 430w 

So the question is? If it is if it's safe to buy then yes, but I wouldn't. Rather save up and get a proper tablet :)

Tor
Corsair Obsidian 650D - Intel 4770K CPU - Gigabyte G1 Sniper 5 - ASUS GTX 780 Direct CU 2 - Kingston Beast Hyperx Beast 16 GB RAM -  Corsair AX 1200i PSU - Samsung EVO drive 750 GB - Corsair AF series 120mm fans - Corsair H100i - Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 edition - Razer Ouroboros - Razer Manticor - Windows 7 - Beyerdynamic MMX 300

These specs are just as bad as my Samsung Galaxy Express GoPhone and it is laggy like hell.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

bad screen

but a dual core A9 soc is pretty good !

i wonder how good the touch accuracy is on that thing

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

So the question is? If it is if it's safe to buy then yes, but I wouldn't. Rather save up and get a proper tablet :)

In my country the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7" costs like a 32 GB iPad in the USA

If you can, get a 2012 Nexus 7 as they are pretty cheap (Like $120 on eBay here in the States) and are still very good and powerful tablets, especially when rooted and overclocked. Plus they still get fresh Android updates straight from Google. 

NZXT Phantom|FX-8320 @4.4GHz|Gigabyte 970A-UD3P|240GB SSD|2x 500GB HDD|16GB RAM|2x AMD MSI R9 270|2x 1080p IPS|Win 10

Dell Precision M4500 - Dell Latitude E4310 - HTC One M8

$200 Volvo 245

Whatever tablet you get please make sure it has at least 1GB ram.

Sumvision make good cheap tablets.

My son has the 10 inch and daughter has the 7 inch.

Never had an issue with either of them.

Nothing to see here - move along.

Do not do it. You will be unhappy with it. Save up for a Nexus 7 either 2012 or 2013.

Those specs for tablets are like the one's we see going for £40-60 range, not worth it as the 512 ram will slow it down till the point you can't do anything.

Best bet is save up and get a tablet with a min of 1 GB ram and about 6+ hour battery life.

Cry Havoc!

• 2 weeks later...

Do not get it. If the screen was not so crappy and the ram was at least 1GB, i would say get it.

THE PIT VIPER SPECS

4790k @ 4.7ghz  (EVGA CLC 360MM) | 32GB Patriot Viper Extreme @2133 mhz | Asus Z97-DELUXE Cooler Master H500M.| EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3

I agree, I got a cheap tablet thinking it's cheap and I can deal. But trust me, dealing with low ram and a bad screen will make you leave it sitting next to your toliet so every time you take a leak you wonder why you wasted the money on that junk. It's just not worth getting a cheap no name tablet, in any circumstances.

My Rig :  Case: Cooler Master HAF X ,Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H,PSU: Seasonic SS-750KM3,Processor: Core I7 4770k (overclocked 4.7ghz),Cooler: Corsair H100i, GPU: EVGA GTX 780 with acx cooler, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16gb DDR3 1600 (overclocked to 2000mhz), HDDS  Samsung 840 EVO 250 gb SSD , Western digital  2tb 7200 rpm 64mb cache, Old 1tb laptop drive I had , 320gb for os backup daily, 80gb external for weekly backups,Drives 2x Lg Blu Ray burner WH16MS40,MISC: Tp-Link dual band wireless card, Logitech g510s, Razer Deathadder 2013, Acer G236HLBbd 23" monitor, Old tv I had 23" for secondary monitor, old 32" samsung tv third monitor