Two short beeps and no display pc error

Go to solution Solved by LuckyAsFox,
On 1/13/2019 at 10:07 PM, elon said:

my last bet, your cpu's menory controller has been rekted. that may cause the men error sound. buy a cheap 6th gen cpu to check for it.

Nope. It was all along an unseated graphics card. It seemed like the little click thing that holds the graphics card in the pcie slot was broken. I walked into a computer repair shop and the guy said the beeps was just the computer starting up, not a beep error code .... Sorta triggered right now because i missed something so simple, Oh and the other motherboard I tested it on pcie slot had bent pins. I also didn't realize that there was a hdmi port on the motherboard which I thought was a display port. 

At least it's finally fixed now Lol.

Pc Specs

My pc specs
i7 6700k
gtx 970
16gb ram
one hard drive
and one ssd

Manufacturer Acer
Product Predator G6-710

I tried changing the graphics card, ram slots, resetting the cmos, Nothings working.

When did this happen?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

I took out all the parts and put it on a cardboard box to troubleshoot it better. Because I was getting a blue screen and I think my motherboard is the problem, but now I run into this problem

Just now, LuckyAsFox said:

I took out all the parts and put it on a cardboard box to troubleshoot it better. Because I was getting a blue screen and I think my motherboard is the problem, but now I run into this problem

Try running with less ram and no storage, try to get to BIOS.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

4 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

Try running with less ram and no storage, try to get to BIOS.

Just tried it with one ram stick and the m.2 ssd connected, still having the same problem Although I realize if I don't reset the cmos it doesn't restart and there's no beeps but still a black screen.

Just tried it with one ram stick and the m.2 ssd connected, still having the same problem Although I realize if I don't reset the cmos it doesn't restart and there's no beeps but still a black screen.

Sounds like a display device issue. Try integrated graphics and not graphics card.

Primary PC:

4 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

Sounds like a display device issue. Try integrated graphics and not graphics card.

I don't think there are any display ports on the motherboard and I don't think its a display device issue either because it worked fine before

13 minutes ago, LuckyAsFox said:

Unplug the m.2 ssd. It could be what's causing the problem. Probably not but it could be. Also make sure that you are plugging your ram into the correct spot. When you have two sticks, use slots 2 and 4.

Build:                                                                          

Intel Core I7 6700k (clocked to 4.6ghz)

Patriot Viper 3000mhz ddr4

ASUS maximus 8 hero (I hate this mobo)

Evga gtx 1080 superclocked

250GB Samsung 850 evo

2tb WD Black 7200rpm

Ek watercooling kit a240g with 360 expansion pack

Primochill Vue Red fluid

Corsair Graphite 600t (white)

You thought "Gee, Donald Trump sure has a great build!"

1 minute ago, DarthSmartt said:

Unplug the m.2 ssd. It could be what's causing the problem. Probably not but it could be. Also make sure that you are plugging your ram into the correct spot. When you have two sticks, use slots 2 and 4.

I have two sticks of ram, but I'm not sure whats the "correct spot? Do I plug them both in the correct spot or just one?

2 minutes ago, LuckyAsFox said:

I have two sticks of ram, but I'm not sure whats the "correct spot? Do I plug them both in the correct spot or just one?

Try using them both in the second and fourth slots from the cpu. If that doesnt work, plug one stick into the first slot, then the second, and try using the other ram stick. With Acer I believe two short beeps is the code for memory or graphics errors.

Build:                                                                          

250GB Samsung 850 evo

2tb WD Black 7200rpm

Primochill Vue Red fluid

10 minutes ago, DarthSmartt said:

Try using them both in the second and fourth slots from the cpu. If that doesnt work, plug one stick into the first slot, then the second, and try using the other ram stick. With Acer I believe two short beeps is the code for memory or graphics errors.

. Tried the second and fourth slot than the first and then tried taking the m.2 didn't work

I do have spare ram but all the other ram won't fit in the socket

Idk what to try after this. maybe try taking the gpu out and seeing if it will still beep.If it doesnt beep, you have a bad gpu. also make sure you have your cpu fan plugged in and the cpu  4 or 8 pin power as well as gpu power. Also, if it was blue screening before, it could have been a corrupt installation of windows or your pc overheating. Since this issue started happening after you took everything apart because of the blue screen, you probably just didn't plug something in right, or not at all. blow out all the sockets you are plugging stuff into with compressed air or with your mouth. just try not to get spit on everything. You didn't happen to spill anything on the pc right?

Build:                                                                          

250GB Samsung 850 evo

2tb WD Black 7200rpm

Primochill Vue Red fluid

Likely not the issue but is your RAM overclocked at all? Or have you set the speed manually in the bios?

13 minutes ago, DarthSmartt said:

Idk what to try after this. maybe try taking the gpu out and seeing if it will still beep.If it doesnt beep, you have a bad gpu. also make sure you have your cpu fan plugged in and the cpu  4 or 8 pin power as well as gpu power. Also, if it was blue screening before, it could have been a corrupt installation of windows or your pc overheating. Since this issue started happening after you took everything apart because of the blue screen, you probably just didn't plug something in right, or not at all. blow out all the sockets you are plugging stuff into with compressed air or with your mouth. just try not to get spit on everything. You didn't happen to spill anything on the pc right?

I changed the gpu and still the same problem. It only beeps when I reset the cmos, if I don't reset the cmos after I power it down and turn it back up it doesn't beep. I'm pretty sure I didn't spill anything on the pc. I'll try unplugging and replugging everything

The blue screen error I had a whea uncorrectable error that blue screened randomly. I posted the problem on another forum here:http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-3835347/whea-uncorrectable-error-find-solution.html#21581605

2 minutes ago, Richard Webster said:

Likely not the issue but is your RAM overclocked at all? Or have you set the speed manually in the bios?

I haven't touched the ram settings in the bios so I'm assuming the speed is set to manual.

what motherboard is that m8? 

Main Rig

CPU: i7 3770K@4.7GHz

GPU: R9 290x 4G

HDD: 12TB Seagate 12TB BarraCuda

SSD: Crucial xm500

RAM: 4 GB DDR3 XPG 1600 x4

Monitor: Dell U2518D

Server

CPU: duo Xeon X5670 stock clock

Motherboard: unknown dell server motherbored

RAM: 64GB of unknown ECC 1600MHz ram

GPU: Nvidia Quadro P4000

HDD: x8 Dell 2.5inch SAS drive in raid, potenal speed of 800MB/s speed

SSD: NON

Case: Dell unknow server case

PSU: duo 700w server powersupply

Works laptop:

Model: Microsoft surface laptop 3

CPU: i5 1065g7

RAM: 8gb lpddr4x

Dongle: satechi aluminum mutiport adapter v2

SSD: 256gb stock

Comment: best laptop on my lap

I suck at writing this.

Try using another monitor/tv and/or cable as you said nothing was happening. Also, Have you by any chance taken the cpu out. If you did, make sure the triangles are aligned correctly .If that doesn't work. you may have bad ram, cpu or motherboard. Ask to borrow a dd4 stick of memory from a friend or get a cheap stick on ebay just for testing.

Build:                                                                          

250GB Samsung 850 evo

2tb WD Black 7200rpm

Primochill Vue Red fluid

3 minutes ago, DarthSmartt said:

Try using another monitor/tv and/or cable as you said nothing was happening. Also, Have you by any chance taken the cpu out. If you did, make sure the triangles are aligned correctly .If that doesn't work. you may have bad ram, cpu or motherboard. Ask to borrow a dd4 stick of memory from a friend or get a cheap stick on ebay just for testing.

haven't taken out the cpu and I have got spare ddr3 ram its just it won't fit in the socket

oem prebuilds?

Main Rig

Server

Works laptop:

I suck at writing this.

4 minutes ago, LuckyAsFox said:

haven't taken out the cpu and I have got spare ddr3 ram its just it won't fit in the socket

You have a 6700k which requires ddr4 memory. I'm out of ideas. can you give a pic with memory installed and everything hooked up?

Build:                                                                          

250GB Samsung 850 evo

2tb WD Black 7200rpm

Primochill Vue Red fluid

I found some information of that motherboard, its a acer B150-MIB15L, its a B150 with a 6700k :/, isnt your problem, but you could always change your motherboard with a z170/270 if you got the money and if the motherboard is the problem. making most of out of the unlocked cpu

Main Rig

Server

Works laptop:

I suck at writing this.

1 minute ago, DarthSmartt said:

You have a 6700k which requires ddr4 memory. I'm out of ideas. can you give a pic with memory installed and everything hooked up?

Oh my bad. I just looked up the memory model number it is ddr4. I'll send in around an hour because I'm going out somewhere now.

Oh my bad. I just looked up the memory model number it is ddr4. I'll send in around an hour because I'm going out somewhere now.

Gr8 m8. Im going to sleep its 2 am here. I'll check back in the morning.

Build:                                                                          

250GB Samsung 850 evo

2tb WD Black 7200rpm

Primochill Vue Red fluid