Will it bottleneck? and Should i change anything?

Go to solution Solved by Stone_Heart,

This is my final masterpiece:

My dream pc:

Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Svart = 74 euro
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-AX370-Gaming K3 = 125 euro
Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X 3,6GHz Socket AM4 Box = 232 euro
DDR4-memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX Black DDR4 3200MHz 2x8GB = 160 euro
Graphics card: Sapphire Radeon RX Vega 56 Pulse 8GB = 475 euro
SSD: WD Blue 3D NAND SSD 2.5" SATA III 500GB = 106 euro
Fans: Be Quiet! Pure Wings 2 PWM 120mm x2 = 34 euro
CPU-cooler: Be Quiet! Pure Rock = 36 euro
PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 CM 600W = 102 euro

A total of: 1348 euro

I want to biuld a pc in a year (I will do some specs changes later on) and need some help.

I wonder if this pc will be bottlenecked.

And I also wonder if you personally would change anything, just don't change from AMD because i don't want to buy a super expensive monitor, i just want freesync because as it says in the name it's free. And don't change the processor from AMD because AMD is much cheaper than Intel.

And i don't know wich motherboard type i should choose, x470, x370, b450 or b350. I just don't know. And just so you know I won't do any overclocking because i just find it too expensive.

The budget is maximum 1500 $ most likely 1000-1300 $.

I will do youtube videos and maybe some streaming.

Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX Black DDR4 2133MHz 2x8GB

Storage: WD Blue 3D NAND SSD 2.5" SATA III 500GB

Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X

Graphics card: AMD radeon rx vega 56/64 or AMD radeon rx 590/580 probably AMD radeon rx vega 56 because it's in the middle

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-AX370-Gaming K3

Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Black

Power supply: EVGA 650 BQ

217751339_Skrmklipp2.PNG.e9a34bb9b53bca8d34219087b89b864b.PNG

(PS! Sorry if my spelling is bad, please forgive me I'm a 13 year old swedish boy.)

Things will change a lot in a year. Better off looking nearer the time, say 1 month or so before you want to buy the parts start looking at what exact components you would like.

Please quote my post, or put @paddy-stone if you want me to respond to you.

Spoiler
  • PCs:- 
  • Main PC build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/2K6Q7X
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  • Lenovo G50 - 8Gb RAM - Samsung 860 Evo 250GB SSD - DVD writer
  •  
  • Displays:-
  • Philips 55 OLED 754 model
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  • Philips 24" 1080p monitor as backup
  •  
  • Storage/NAS/Servers:-
  • ESXI/test build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/4wyR9G
  • Main Server https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3Qftyk
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  • HP ProLiant G6 Server SE316M1 Twin Hex Core Intel Xeon E5645 2.40GHz 48GB RAM
  •  
  • Gaming/Tablets etc:-
  • Xbox One S 500GB + 2TB HDD
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi/Pocafone F2 pro 8GB/256GB
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• Unused Hardware currently :-
  • 4670K MSI mobo 16GB ram
  • i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Amp! edition
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

21 minutes ago, paddy-stone said:

Things will change a lot in a year. Better off looking nearer the time, say 1 month or so before you want to buy the parts start looking at what exact components you would like.

Took the words right out of my mouth. Er... fingers?

My Build, v2.1 --- CPU: i7-8700K @ 5.2GHz/1.288v || MoBo: Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E Gaming || RAM: 4x4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 2666 14-14-14-33 || Cooler: Custom Loop || GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black, on water || PSU: EVGA G2 850W || Case: Corsair 450D || SSD: 850 Evo 250GB, Intel 660p 2TB || Storage: WD Blue 2TB || G502 & Glorious PCGR Fully Custom 80% Keyboard || MX34VQ, PG278Q, PB278Q

Audio --- Headphones: Massdrop x Sennheiser HD 6XX || Amp: Schiit Audio Magni 3 || DAC: Schiit Audio Modi 3 || Mic: Blue Yeti

[Under Construction]

My Truck --- 2002 F-350 7.3 Powerstroke || 6-speed

My Car --- 2006 Mustang GT || 5-speed || BBK LTs, O/R X, MBRP Cat-back || BBK Lowering Springs, LCAs || 2007 GT500 wheels w/ 245s/285s

The Experiment --- CPU: i5-3570K @ 4.0 GHz || MoBo: Asus P8Z77-V LK || RAM: 16GB Corsair 1600 4x4 || Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo || GPUs: Asus GTX 750 Ti, || PSU: Corsair TX750M Gold || Case: Thermaltake Core G21 TG || SSD: 840 Pro 128GB || HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB

R.I.P. Asus X99-A motherboard, April 2016 - October 2018, may you rest in peace. 5820K, if I ever buy you a new board, it'll be a good one.

The 2 firsts things I bought is a motherboard and case.. next will be CPU and RAM. Third will be power and SSD.  Last graphics.. who needs it when it's intergated.. it's the last thing.

Motherboard and case should tell you everything you want to have. 

CPU cand ram should tell you everything you can have.

Power and SSD are as is. 

Graphics are for fun and not mandatory for intergated graphics CPUs.. 

10 hours ago, Brooksie359 said:

The ram is really bad. Ryzen gains alot of performance with higher frequency ram and at 2133 you are going to have a bottlenwck for sure. 

Then is 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz enough?

11 hours ago, paddy-stone said:

PSU tier list

What are those PSU tiers?

It's just a quality and efficiency listing of comparable devices. Go for a Tier 4 or higher with your budget for a PSU can outlast several builds.

1 minute ago, Manderis said:

It's just a quality and efficiency listing of comparable devices. Go for a Tier 4 or higher with your budget for a PSU can outlast several builds.

Ok thanks!

If you want to see if it bottle necks go to https://thebottlenecker.com/calculator and select all your components then calculate the lower the percentage the better (I calculated it with the Radeon Vega 64 and it will run fine with basically no bottle neck)

Edited by Sentile

1 hour ago, Sentile said:

If you want to see if it bottle necks go to https://thebottlenecker.com/calculator and select all your components then calculate the lower the percentage the better (I calculated it with the Radeon Vega 64 and it will run fine with basically no bottle neck)

Bottlenecking is 100% situational so a calculator like that is basically useless. 

I wonder if it will be any difference if u upgrade to the x470 motherboard version from the x370 or maybe the b450 or b350. (I haven't bought anything yet).

For the processor i will take this is my options:

x470

x370

b450

b350

I can't decide what to choose. I won't do overclocking. And also should i change my power supply wattage. The Be quiet calculator says that i should change to a 700W power supply, but i put in the maximum wattage my build would need and that's 525W.

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Stone_Heart/saved/#view=z4rsZL

1348€

1544$

1221£

(prices on pcpartpicker.com is faulty)

20 hours ago, Brooksie359 said:

Bottlenecking is 100% situational so a calculator like that is basically useless. 

22 hours ago, Sentile said:

23 hours ago, Manderis said:

On 12/28/2018 at 5:10 AM, killerbee04x said:

The 2 firsts things I bought is a motherboard and case.. next will be CPU and RAM. Third will be power and SSD.  Last graphics.. who needs it when it's intergated.. it's the last thing.

Motherboard and case should tell you everything you want to have. 

CPU cand ram should tell you everything you can have.

Power and SSD are as is. 

Graphics are for fun and not mandatory for intergated graphics CPUs.. 

On 12/28/2018 at 12:10 AM, Cereal5 said:

Took the words right out of my mouth. Er... fingers?

On 12/27/2018 at 11:48 PM, paddy-stone said:

On 12/27/2018 at 11:47 PM, Brooksie359 said:

The ram is really bad. Ryzen gains alot of performance with higher frequency ram and at 2133 you are going to have a bottlenwck for sure. 

If you don't OC a B450 or B350 (might need a bios update) will be good enough. But consider to OC the RAM. It wont hurt you but will give a nice performance increase. 

For PSU you might want to check out a efficiency / load curve. 

https://goo.gl/images/wSqRm9

The efficiency usually max out around 50 % and almost stagnate before they drop in higher loads. So 700 W PSU for a 525 W System is a good match. Maybe even 750 W. But don't go lower quality for higher Wattage. That doesn't make sense in my opinion.

And I am not sure how two different GPU's (Vega56 + 1050ti) without crossfire or SLI will behave. I don't think there is any benefit in it. Maybe sell it or use it in a separate pc like a media box on your TV or something. 

On 12/27/2018 at 11:42 PM, Stone_Heart said:

And just so you know I won't do any overclocking because i just find it too expensive.

Quiet contrary. You OC to get more performance out of parts you already bought without spending money. If you already fit a aftermarket CPU Cooler in you budget you can ditch the 2500X for a 2500 and OC it to the same performance as the 2500X without any loss on your part. You would save 50 $. Don't waste your money on an AMD X Chip if you don't use the better cooling solution included in the box.

32 minutes ago, Manderis said:

Quiet contrary. You OC to get more performance out of parts you already bought without spending money. If you already fit a aftermarket CPU Cooler in you budget you can ditch the 2500X for a 2500 and OC it to the same performance as the 2500X without any loss on your part. You would save 50 $. Don't waste your money on an AMD X Chip if you don't use the better cooling solution included in the box.

It's just that JayzTwoCents says that you need more metalboxes (or what those electrical metal thingies are) better and safer for overclocking. But do you even need a good motherboard for overclocking or is the x370 good enough? AMD says that the x motherboard series are better for overclocking and for multiple graphics cards. And i will use my gtx 1050 Ti to power my second monitor to ease the stress on the vega 56. But if i will do overclocking and want a good overclocking potential will this suffice?

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Stone_Heart/saved/PpDvnQ

Or this?

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Stone_Heart/saved/zDnV6h

Or even like this?

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Stone_Heart/saved/G8PkdC

For heavy overclocking you need better cooling, better VRM's, better PSU ... 
But, if you go with a light oc getting the 2600 3,4 GHz to the 3,6 GHz of the 2600X and if you already plan using a normal aftermarket cooler like the pure rock you will get away with a normal B450 Mobo. You don't need to go balls to the wall with your Motherboard if you don't plan anything extrem. 

Just go with a ~110 $ MB like the MSI B450 TOMAHAWK or maybe the B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC if you want WLAN and be done with it. The X370/X470 are AMD's enthusiast chipset. They are better for OC and multi GPU setups. But as I said, if you don't want to go anything extrem and push the 2600(X) above 4 GHz you will not have any problems. Just make sure to enable XMP for your memory.

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/78zWdX
Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/78zWdX/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($149.99 @ Amazon) 
CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 51.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($36.35 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: MSI - B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($139.99 @ B&H) 
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($129.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 500 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($72.89 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: Sapphire - Radeon RX VEGA 56 8 GB PULSE Video Card 
Case: Fractal Design - Meshify C ATX Mid Tower Case  ($93.98 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Corsair - TXM Gold 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($68.89 @ OutletPC) 
Case Fan: be quiet! - Pure Wings 2 120 PWM 87 CFM 120mm Fan  ($10.49 @ SuperBiiz) 
Case Fan: be quiet! - Pure Wings 2 120 PWM 87 CFM 120mm Fan  ($10.49 @ SuperBiiz) 
Other: Asus GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Graphic Card, I will underclock it and use it for my second screen, mostly discord or browsing a little. And i allredy own it so i don't have to pay for it (i payed 150$ but now its 250$) (Purchased)
Total: $713.06
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-12-29 07:32 EST-0500

You don't need to run the 1050ti to lessen strain on the vega56... it won't really do anything but use more power and give you headaches.... just run the vega.

Please quote my post, or put @paddy-stone if you want me to respond to you.

Spoiler
  • PCs:- 
  • Main PC build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/2K6Q7X
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  • Lenovo G50 - 8Gb RAM - Samsung 860 Evo 250GB SSD - DVD writer
  •  
  • Displays:-
  • Philips 55 OLED 754 model
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  • Philips 24" 1080p monitor as backup
  •  
  • Storage/NAS/Servers:-
  • ESXI/test build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/4wyR9G
  • Main Server https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3Qftyk
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  • HP ProLiant G6 Server SE316M1 Twin Hex Core Intel Xeon E5645 2.40GHz 48GB RAM
  •  
  • Gaming/Tablets etc:-
  • Xbox One S 500GB + 2TB HDD
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi/Pocafone F2 pro 8GB/256GB
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• Unused Hardware currently :-
  • 4670K MSI mobo 16GB ram
  • i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Amp! edition
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

Disregard

Edited by 1000donny
Disregard

Current Rig:

Core i5 9600k

MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC

Corsair Vengeance RGB 32gb (4x 8gb)

Samsung 970 EVO 250gb m.2 SSD

WD Blue 1TB HDD

Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO

Cooler Master Masterbox 5 White

EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SSC

Secondary/Backup rig

AMD Ryzen 3 2200g

16gb Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz DDR4

MSI yada yada B450

Corsair CX650m

Corsair 275x

XFX Radeon 560X 4gig

240gb SanDisk SSD

7 minutes ago, paddy-stone said:

You don't need to run the 1050ti to lessen strain on the vega56... it won't really do anything but use more power and give you headaches.... just run the vega.

I honestly would just sell the 1050ti or like i said use it in a different build. Having a second monitor with some browser tabs open wont kill you Vega and i can imagine you will run into driver and compatibility issues if you run those two GPU's together. 
You might want to wait until mid January after CES is done. Maybe AMD will announce a few nice NAVI GPU's. Also Ryzen 3 (Zen2) will most likely drop. I usually would not recommend to wait because there will always be the next big thing but two weeks are worth the while.

I think i'll just stick to this:

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Stone_Heart/saved/z4rsZL

Because i just think i'll spend too much time researching overclocking parts and doing the overclock itself. So i won't do overclocks.

9 hours ago, Strike105X said:

You wont ease anything most apps will still use the main gpu for processing. It will also make things less smooth and less fluid, except for some very particular cases stick to one gpu, it works better and there's less headaches. Sell or keep it for use in another system, the 1050TI.

9 hours ago, Manderis said:

I honestly would just sell the 1050ti or like i said use it in a different build. Having a second monitor with some browser tabs open wont kill you Vega and i can imagine you will run into driver and compatibility issues if you run those two GPU's together. 
You might want to wait until mid January after CES is done. Maybe AMD will announce a few nice NAVI GPU's. Also Ryzen 3 (Zen2) will most likely drop. I usually would not recommend to wait because there will always be the next big thing but two weeks are worth the while.

10 hours ago, 1000donny said:

Disregard

10 hours ago, paddy-stone said:

10 hours ago, Manderis said:

For heavy overclocking you need better cooling, better VRM's, better PSU ... 
But, if you go with a light oc getting the 2600 3,4 GHz to the 3,6 GHz of the 2600X and if you already plan using a normal aftermarket cooler like the pure rock you will get away with a normal B450 Mobo. You don't need to go balls to the wall with your Motherboard if you don't plan anything extrem. 

Just go with a ~110 $ MB like the MSI B450 TOMAHAWK or maybe the B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC if you want WLAN and be done with it. The X370/X470 are AMD's enthusiast chipset. They are better for OC and multi GPU setups. But as I said, if you don't want to go anything extrem and push the 2600(X) above 4 GHz you will not have any problems. Just make sure to enable XMP for your memory.

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/78zWdX
Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/78zWdX/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($149.99 @ Amazon) 
CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 51.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($36.35 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: MSI - B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($139.99 @ B&H) 
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($129.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 500 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($72.89 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: Sapphire - Radeon RX VEGA 56 8 GB PULSE Video Card 
Case: Fractal Design - Meshify C ATX Mid Tower Case  ($93.98 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Corsair - TXM Gold 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($68.89 @ OutletPC) 
Other: Asus GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Graphic Card, I will underclock it and use it for my second screen, mostly discord or browsing a little. And i allredy own it so i don't have to pay for it (i payed 150$ but now its 250$) (Purchased)
Total: $713.06
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-12-29 07:32 EST-0500

This is my final masterpiece:

My dream pc:

Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Svart = 74 euro
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-AX370-Gaming K3 = 125 euro
Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X 3,6GHz Socket AM4 Box = 232 euro
DDR4-memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX Black DDR4 3200MHz 2x8GB = 160 euro
Graphics card: Sapphire Radeon RX Vega 56 Pulse 8GB = 475 euro
SSD: WD Blue 3D NAND SSD 2.5" SATA III 500GB = 106 euro
Fans: Be Quiet! Pure Wings 2 PWM 120mm x2 = 34 euro
CPU-cooler: Be Quiet! Pure Rock = 36 euro
PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 CM 600W = 102 euro

A total of: 1348 euro

If you don't oc, you can save the 36 € for the Pure Rock and stick with the boxed cooler. It is good enough. 

On 12/27/2018 at 10:42 PM, Stone_Heart said:

I want to biuld a pc in a year (I will do some specs changes later on) and need some help.

I wonder if this pc will be bottlenecked.

And I also wonder if you personally would change anything, just don't change from AMD because i don't want to buy a super expensive monitor, i just want freesync because as it says in the name it's free. And don't change the processor from AMD because AMD is much cheaper than Intel.

And i don't know wich motherboard type i should choose, x470, x370, b450 or b350. I just don't know. And just so you know I won't do any overclocking because i just find it too expensive.

The budget is maximum 1500 $ most likely 1000-1300 $.

I will do youtube videos and maybe some streaming.

Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX Black DDR4 2133MHz 2x8GB

Storage: WD Blue 3D NAND SSD 2.5" SATA III 500GB

Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X

Graphics card: AMD radeon rx vega 56/64 or AMD radeon rx 590/580 probably AMD radeon rx vega 56 because it's in the middle

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-AX370-Gaming K3

Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Black

Power supply: EVGA 650 BQ

217751339_Skrmklipp2.PNG.e9a34bb9b53bca8d34219087b89b864b.PNG

(PS! Sorry if my spelling is bad, please forgive me I'm a 13 year old swedish boy.)

I can recommend you a bottleneck calculator thebottlenecker.com

You can play around and see what the average bottleneck is

On 12/30/2018 at 11:04 AM, Manderis said:

If you don't oc, you can save the 36 € for the Pure Rock and stick with the boxed cooler. It is good enough. 

The R5 2600x doesn't come with a cooler, as its the "K" of AMD.

(2600x = 8600k, neither come with a cooler)

Current Rig:

Core i5 9600k

MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC

Corsair Vengeance RGB 32gb (4x 8gb)

Samsung 970 EVO 250gb m.2 SSD

WD Blue 1TB HDD

Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO

Cooler Master Masterbox 5 White

EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SSC

Secondary/Backup rig

AMD Ryzen 3 2200g

16gb Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz DDR4