Mic arm for Blue Yeti mic?

DVA

Title. I need a mic arm for my Blue Yeti and would like some suggestions if you guys have any. I do like hearing from people rather than just doing a Google search. 

I'd love it to be stable, so paying extra for stability is fine with me. 

As for a budget, umm. Don't really know right now, but I'd love some suggestions first and I'll take it from there. (obviously don't recommend those $300 mic arms)

Thanks for any help!

what i ended up doing is taking one of these bois:

Bildresultat för arm lamp

removing the lamp and screwing my mic in with a pice of plywood as a bracket. cost me nothing but about 10min of time and it works very well :) 

if you dont want to DIY one and want to buy one i got no clue tho, i did this because everything i found that seemed good was expensive as hell

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

2 minutes ago, DVA said:

Title. I need a mic arm for my Blue Yeti and would like some suggestions if you guys have any. I do like hearing from people rather than just doing a Google search. 

I'd love it to be stable, so paying extra for stability is fine with me. 

As for a budget, umm. Don't really know right now, but I'd love some suggestions first and I'll take it from there. (obviously don't recommend those $300 mic arms)

I would recommend either finding a 3D model of the stand which would work with the dimensions of your microphone and printing it with a 3D printer using usually PLA or ABS plastic, or measuring and then designing your own microphone holder and then 3D printing that model. If you do not have access to a 3D printer then many services are there which will charge a usually small fee to print 3D models for you and have them shipped. 

I have found a heavy duty on Amazon which I will link although it is a clip based variant which may or may not work with certain mounting surfaces or if you wanted to have it stand on a flat surface and not be mounted to a desk or something, this one should be very sturdy than other similar ones although I had a hard time finding one that would be an arm model which stood on a desk or flat surface and which fell under a reasonable estimated budget for your project:     https://www.amazon.com/InnoGear-Microphone-Suspension-Adjustable-Snowball-x/dp/B01L3LL95O/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1545923467&sr=8-3&keywords=blue+yeti+arm+and+shock+mount

Hope this information post was helpful  ?,

@Boomwebsearch 

3 minutes ago, Boomwebsearch said:

I would recommend either finding a 3D model of the stand which would work with the dimensions of your microphone and printing it with a 3D printer using usually PLA or ABS plastic, or measuring and then designing your own microphone holder and then 3D printing that model. If you do not have access to a 3D printer then many services are there which will charge a usually small fee to print 3D models for you and have them shipped. 

I have found a heavy duty on Amazon which I will link although it is a clip based variant which may or may not work with certain mounting surfaces or if you wanted to have it stand on a flat surface and not be mounted to a desk or something, this one should be very sturdy than other similar ones although I had a hard time finding one that would be an arm model which stood on a desk or flat surface and which fell under a reasonable estimated budget for your project:     https://www.amazon.com/InnoGear-Microphone-Suspension-Adjustable-Snowball-x/dp/B01L3LL95O/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1545923467&sr=8-3&keywords=blue+yeti+arm+and+shock+mount

The Uni I went to has free access to alumni so I just may go there and use their 3D printer and resources. Thanks for the suggestions. 

4 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

what i ended up doing is taking one of these bois:

Bildresultat för arm lamp

removing the lamp and screwing my mic in with a pice of plywood as a bracket. cost me nothing but about 10min of time and it works very well :) 

if you dont want to DIY one and want to buy one i got no clue tho, i did this because everything i found that seemed good was expensive as hell

That is honestly pretty damn cool lol. I think I will try out the above linked mic arm and if it's not to my liking then I just may have to try this one out :P

You can use this. https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01GRMF5ZE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 Legit you can twist off the microphone holder, and the the small metal part comes with an adapter for your blue snowball. I'm using it myself, it's pretty sturdy. My only concern is that the pop filter is cheaply made. But does the job.

"Audiophilia... when you start to hear voices in your head."