Processor for Photoshop digital painting

Hey guys. I have a low-budget computer that I built 4 months ago. I got the cheapest computer because that was what I was able to get. Now I want to upgrade it. 

I mainly use it for doing digital painting in Photoshop. Sometimes, the brushes lag at low spacing setting (lower means better quality, cuz there are more patterns applied). I don't know if the brush engine relies on the single core performance, or it can utilize more than one core. Tthat's why I'm here.

What processor should I get for my system? 

My system is:

Processor: Intel Pentium Gold G5400

Mobo: ASUS PRIME H310M-D

RAM: 8GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2400MHz

GPU: Nvidia GTX 750 1GB

PSU: Corsair VS450

4 minutes ago, spesifikbrush said:

Hey guys. I have a low-budget computer that I built 4 months ago. I got the cheapest computer because that was what I was able to get. Now I want to upgrade it. 

I mainly use it for doing digital painting in Photoshop. Sometimes, the brushes lag at low spacing setting (lower means better quality, cuz there are more patterns applied). I don't know if the brush engine relies on the single core performance, or it can utilize more than one core. Tthat's why I'm here.

What processor should I get for my system? 

My system is:

Processor: Intel Pentium Gold G5400

Mobo: ASUS PRIME H310M-D

RAM: 8GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2400MHz

GPU: Nvidia GTX 750 1GB

PSU: Corsair VS450

Whats your price range? Ill throw together a pc part picker for upgrades :)

CPU: Intel Core i9 9900K | Ram: 16GB Corsair LPX 3000 DDR4 | Asus Maximus XI Hero Z390 | GPU: EVGA RTX2080 XC | 960 EVO Samsung 500GB M.2 | 850 EVO Samsung 250GB M.2 | Samsung 1TB QVO SSD | 1TB HDD WD Blue 

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 2 in 1 9370 | I7 1065G7 | 32GB DDR4 | 1TB SSD |

Looks like you need to upgrade your processor. I'm not sure how good that motherboard is but since it's a 300 series, that means you can upgrade to an I3/I5 (I probably wouldn't even try the I7 in that). If you can afford it, get the I5 8400, if that's too much you can try the I3 8100 but it wont be as big of an increase in performance as the I5. The I5 should be more than plentiful for Photoshop.

It's also worth monitoring how much RAM you're utilizing while working in Photoshop (along with any other programs you use at the same time). If you're close to maxing out the 8gb of RAM you have, upgrading to 16gb would be an option as well. Photoshop can sometimes use a lot of RAM depending on what you're doing so check that first before just upgrading your processor (I think the processor needs an upgrade almost no matter what for any type of work (not spreadsheets) related tasks).

Ryzen 3800X + MEG ACE w/ Radeon VII + 3733 c14 Trident Z RGB in a Custom Loop powered by Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium
PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | My Build