Best game launcher?

Steam

Please mark as helpful and informative so my profile looks better.

quote or reply to me if you want me to reply to you.

Thanks

Steam is my go-to launcher as they have pretty much everything. However, Epic Games (as much as I hate Fortnite) now has a free game every two weeks. I am not sure if that will last, but Subnautica is, at the time of writing, still free for another two days, so I also have Epic Games installed.

Other notable ones that I have installed include Origin (which exists because of Crysis and nothing else) and Uplay, which I don't play much.

Bow down to me humans.

I can't help if you don't quote me. How am I supposed to know if you need my premium support? Now starting at £399.99 a year.

Also, be a sport and mark the correct answer as the correct answer. It will help pour souls in the future when they are stuck and need guidance.

"If it works, proceed to take it apart and 'make it work better.' Then cry for help when it breaks." - Me, about five minutes ago when my train of thought wandered.

Remember kids, A janky solution is still a solution.

6 minutes ago, Mad153 said:

Steam

I've tried steam but I dont really like the interface.

Just now, limegorilla said:

Steam is my go-to launcher as they have pretty much everything. However, Epic Games (as much as I hate Fortnite) now has a free game every two weeks. I am not sure if that will last, but Subnautica is, at the time of writing, still free for another two days, so I also have Epic Games installed.

Other notable ones that I have installed include Origin (which exists because of Crysis and nothing else) and Uplay, which I don't play much.

If you get subnautica do you keep it or does it go away in 2 days?

6 minutes ago, Shyam Ganapathy said:

I've tried steam but I dont really like the interface.

You can skin it if you want - https://steamcustomizer.com/ and http://steamskins.org/ are great recources - and in reality, everyone is on steam at the moment. That may change, but for the moment that is how it is. It is due for an update at somepoint too.

5 minutes ago, Shyam Ganapathy said:

If you get subnautica do you keep it or does it go away in 2 days?

Nope, you keep it forever. The next release is Super Meat Boy, that enters the store on the 28th.

Bow down to me humans.

I can't help if you don't quote me. How am I supposed to know if you need my premium support? Now starting at £399.99 a year.

Also, be a sport and mark the correct answer as the correct answer. It will help pour souls in the future when they are stuck and need guidance.

"If it works, proceed to take it apart and 'make it work better.' Then cry for help when it breaks." - Me, about five minutes ago when my train of thought wandered.

Remember kids, A janky solution is still a solution.

5 hours ago, limegorilla said:

You can skin it if you want - https://steamcustomizer.com/ and http://steamskins.org/ are great recources - and in reality, everyone is on steam at the moment. That may change, but for the moment that is how it is. It is due for an update at somepoint too.

Nope, you keep it forever. The next release is Super Meat Boy, that enters the store on the 28th.

That's actually really cool. Gonna go get my free game right now.

36 minutes ago, Daniel644 said:

the one I have to for where I bought the game.

Not what I asked.

could you clarify a "good game launcher" for me please.

if it means what i think it means then i'd probably say GOG.com, as i dont have to actually run it when i launch a game.

as opposed to steam where it launches even in offline mode.

the draw back to GOG.com is it may not actually have the games you prefer to play.

My only use for steam is because i can buy steam voucher cards from my local store, which means i dont have to add my bank details to the account. 

current main system: as of 1st Jan 2023

motherboard : Gigabyte B450M DS3H V2

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600

ram : 16Gig Corsair Vengeance 3600mhz

Video Card : RX 550 4 GIG

Monitor: BENQ 21 inch

On 12/26/2018 at 6:45 PM, cretsiah said:

could you clarify a "good game launcher" for me please.

if it means what i think it means then i'd probably say GOG.com, as i dont have to actually run it when i launch a game.

as opposed to steam where it launches even in offline mode.

the draw back to GOG.com is it may not actually have the games you prefer to play.

My only use for steam is because i can buy steam voucher cards from my local store, which means i dont have to add my bank details to the account. 

Game launcher is something you use to open games, not buy them.

then maybe have a look at this one

https://www.launchbox-app.com/

current main system: as of 1st Jan 2023

motherboard : Gigabyte B450M DS3H V2

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600

ram : 16Gig Corsair Vengeance 3600mhz

Video Card : RX 550 4 GIG

Monitor: BENQ 21 inch