9900K vs 2700X vs 8700K at same price point

Hello everyone,

I am in quite of a pickle here as I need to pick out a CPU for my next build. I may be able for these to be at the same price point, but I need to know what is best before I decide.

I am choosing between the 9900K, 2700X and 8700K.

I am going to stream and video editing, but also gaming, so I need something that can do all of those well.

Now the ideal choice for those three would be the 9900K, but I have heard, that it can get too hot.

I have a GTX 1060, Samsung 850 EVO 500GB and a 1TB Seagate SATA HDD. (those are the ones that I will use in the next build)

I have also decided, that I am going to get one of these three CPUs, but recommendations are welcome.

Thanks in advance,

Shinion

The 9900K is the best cpu so if the cost isn't a consideration.

Yes it will run a tad hotter than the other two but that's thermodynamics. More work equals more heat.

-アパゾ

You sure you mean the 9900k, not the 9700k? I am not sure if you can get it for the price of 2700x

Ex-EX build: Liquidfy C+... R.I.P.

Ex-build:

Meshify C – sold

Ryzen 5 1600x @4.0 GHz/1.4V – sold

Gigabyte X370 Aorus Gaming K7 – sold

Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB @3200 Mhz – sold

Alpenfoehn Brocken 3 Black Edition – it's somewhere

Sapphire Vega 56 Pulse – ded

Intel SSD 660p 1TB – sold

be Quiet! Straight Power 11 750w – sold

28 minutes ago, Quadriplegic said:

You sure you mean the 9900k, not the 9700k? I am not sure if you can get it for the price of 2700x

I mean the 9900k. It is just not me that will be paying it all (hopefully)

9900k.  Not even a question in my book.

i9-9900k @ 5.1GHz || EVGA 3080 ti FTW3 EK Cooled || EVGA z390 Dark || G.Skill TridentZ 32gb 4000MHz C16

970 Pro 1tb || 860 Evo 2tb || BeQuiet Dark Base Pro 900 || EVGA P2 1200w || AOC Agon AG352UCG

Cooled by: Heatkiller || Hardware Labs || Bitspower || Noctua || EKWB

16 minutes ago, TahoeDust said:

9900k.  Not even a question in my book.

I have no personal experience with this chip, but I was told / have been reading that intel is best for purely gaming whereas Ryzen is better for multitasking and non gaming activities. As the OP stated he will be doing editing, streaming and gaming. 

i say this in a humble way, as I could be totally wrong. This is just from my own knowledge which is slowly growing ?

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

4 minutes ago, Stormseeker9 said:

I have no personal experience with this chip, but I was told / have been reading that intel is best for purely gaming whereas Ryzen is better for multitasking and non gaming activities. As the OP stated he will be doing editing, streaming and gaming. 

i say this in a humble way, as I could be totally wrong. This is just from my own knowledge which is slowly growing ?

This is not true when comparing the 9900k to the 2700x.  Both have 8 cores and 16 threads and the intel cores clock higher and have slightly better IPC.

i9-9900k @ 5.1GHz || EVGA 3080 ti FTW3 EK Cooled || EVGA z390 Dark || G.Skill TridentZ 32gb 4000MHz C16

970 Pro 1tb || 860 Evo 2tb || BeQuiet Dark Base Pro 900 || EVGA P2 1200w || AOC Agon AG352UCG

Cooled by: Heatkiller || Hardware Labs || Bitspower || Noctua || EKWB

Either one is good for your use-case, but why pair it with such a low-/barely middle-tier graphics card as a 1060? Not exactly a balances setup performance wise.

22 minutes ago, Mattias Edeslatt said:

Either one is good for your use-case, but why pair it with such a low-/barely middle-tier graphics card as a 1060? Not exactly a balances setup performance wise.

Gonna upgrade my gpu later, I just dont have the money for it now though