Help. PC is unusable.

RocX
4 minutes ago, RocX said:

Yeah I ran it and only c was buggy and fixed it. 

But the file explorer problem prevails :( 

But the Minimizing problem has been solved *phew* Atleast now I can use the PC while not having any trouble 

cant use file explorer I believe the OS replacement will fix it. Thanks to ya'll.

You can try using windows task manager>then right click explorer>end task>start new task named explorer.exe and see if it works again 

14 minutes ago, RocX said:

Yeah I ran it and only c was buggy and fixed it. 

But the file explorer problem prevails :( 

But the Minimizing problem has been solved *phew* Atleast now I can use the PC while not having any trouble 

cant use file explorer I believe the OS replacement will fix it. Thanks to ya'll.

did you check windows task manager? how much cpu is explorer.exe using while idle?

what about your hdd in resource manager? 

@Feanturi_IV has the same idea.

I literally know a guy who has run (he has legal codes) windows in 'free' mode since xp days. it is not something from that. IF the OS re-install works, it is only because you are wiping everything to 'factory default'

Now re-installing OS can be super easy...but it can also lead to massive problems from having to get drivers, and waiting hours for windows update if you dont have a very up-to-date version, and usually takes me a full 6 hours to get reasonable setup again, though i am a super-power user.

6 minutes ago, thx1138 said:

did you check windows task manager? how much cpu is explorer.exe using while idle?

I literally know a guy who has run (he has legal codes) windows in 'free' mode since xp days. it is not something from that. IF the OS re-install works, it is only because you are wiping everything to 'factory default'

Now re-installing OS can be super easy...but it can also lead to massive problems from having to get drivers, and waiting hours for windows update if you dont have a very up-to-date version, and usually takes me a full 6 hours to get reasonable setup again, though i am a super-power user.

I agree I wouldn't reinstall until you check what file explorer is doing which went right over my head before recommending the reinstall hopefully it isnt too late. If so hopefully you don't own too many devices 

19 hours ago, thx1138 said:

18 hours ago, Feanturi_IV said:

I agree I wouldn't reinstall until you check what file explorer is doing which went right over my head before recommending the reinstall hopefully it isnt too late. If so hopefully you don't own too many devices 

Yes sometimes the file explorer is taking like 10% of CPU 

I have i3-8100. Its working perfectly. 

9 minutes ago, RocX said:

Yes sometimes the file explorer is taking like 10% of CPU 

I have i3-8100. Its working perfectly. 

so that is definitly too much, It might be Some Win10 Services, It could be Malware. Have you checked the networking tab and/or the resource monitor 'Disk Activity' ?

19 hours ago, Feanturi_IV said:

You can try using windows task manager>then right click explorer>end task>start new task named explorer.exe and see if it works again 

also did you do this? does the newly started one immediately jump up and stay? ,though I like 'end process'  : )

• 2 months later...
On 12/26/2018 at 12:18 PM, thx1138 said:

so that is definitly too much, It might be Some Win10 Services, It could be Malware. Have you checked the networking tab and/or the resource monitor 'Disk Activity' ?

Hey, Sry for not replying im horrible :| 

Yes it happens TOO MUCH like always. every single time i open one. 

Okay so the current problem iss.... The same :/ 

The windows explorer keeps closing. And i think the problem could be the my new harddrive which the os runs on (Seagate barracuda compute) 

I was running a benchmark and the harddrive ran pretty slow compared to other ones. 

Could it be the harddrive? Or i have reinstall os?