Help. PC is unusable.

RocX

Problems: 

>Glitchy file explorer

>Games auto minimizing

>Gaming performance isnt as good as it should be. 

My pc has been glitching for almost a month now. I believe its a harddrive problem because the file explorer keeps crashing if i use it (10 seconds after opening it)

Now the games i play (r6s csgo pubg) have been minimizing automatically... 

I also doubt my windows because sometimes it has big water mark saying activate windows at bottom. and sometimes it doesnt. 

I have 3 hard drives (all seagate 1000gb 1000gb and 500gb) the 500 gb one is very old so i plugged it out and tested and the problem still prevails... 

All I need is to know what the problem is and possibly a solution... If its surely software or OS then i'll reinstall it but without knowing what the problem is it sucks to diagnose. 

Help me before I drop my harddrive like linus :( 

Specs: 

i3-8100 

Gtx 1060 AMP Edition

b360 prime mobo? not sure but it is not overclocking mobo

500W PSU 

Windows 10 (pirated)

No overclocking is involved. Thou i changed the fan curve for my pc to a higher speed.

Windows 10 (pirated)

(pirated)

It's possible that anything under the sun has been loaded on that .ISO

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

1 minute ago, Semper said:

Why did he even pirate Windows 10? It's free as long as you don't mind the watermark (which dissapears and appears randomly as W10 is well designed) and not being able to change a very small selection of features, and even then Windows 10 keys are like 20€ on Kinguin.

Ryzen 7 3700X / 16GB RAM / Optane SSD / GTX 1650 / Solus Linux

1 minute ago, MojangYang said:

Welcome to LTT forum!

Does disconnecting the 500gb hdd help?

8 minutes ago, RocX said:

I have 3 hard drives (all seagate 1000gb 1000gb and 500gb) the 500 gb one is very old so i plugged it out and tested and the problem still prevails...

Congratulations on reading the entire post

1 minute ago, MojangYang said:

Welcome to LTT forum!

Does disconnecting the 500gb hdd help?

Absolutely not. The exact problem still prevails.. 

2 minutes ago, Semper said:

So you are suggesting to reinstall OS? I'll take that onto the account

Just now, RocX said:

So you are suggesting to reinstall OS? I'll take that onto the account

Windows 10 is free by the way, it's just that it will not be activated, but very few features will actually be disabled:

https://www.microsoft.com/pt-pt/software-download/windows10

3 minutes ago, NunoLava1998 said:

Why did he even pirate Windows 10? It's free as long as you don't mind the watermark (which dissapears and appears randomly as W10 is well designed) and not being able to change a very small selection of features, and even then Windows 10 keys are like 20€ on Kinguin.

Umm I guess its not pirated? Im not sure. My parents didnt believe in it and my uncle is a PC builder so I said the config and paid him and he got me the pc... 

And yes The water mark disappears and appears randomly O_o 

1 minute ago, NunoLava1998 said:

Windows 10 is free by the way, it's just that it will not be activated, but very few features will actually be disabled:

https://www.microsoft.com/pt-pt/software-download/windows10

Oh I didnt know that. Maybe mine is not pirated and actually the free version

I would uninstall the current windows you have and install windows 10 the free version. Its possible an error in the coding your games update or drivers cause a glitch 

Just now, Feanturi_IV said:

I would uninstall the current windows you have and install windows 10 the free version. Its possible an error in the coding your games update or drivers cause a glitch 

Alright, Ill do that. 

So the harddrive cant be the problem? or maybe my single stick 8gb ram is? 

2 minutes ago, RocX said:

Umm I guess its not pirated? Im not sure. My parents didnt believe in it and my uncle is a PC builder so I said the config and paid him and he got me the pc... 

And yes The water mark disappears and appears randomly O_o 

Then it's probably not just activated, which isn't piracy. Check in Settings however

1 minute ago, RocX said:

Alright, Ill do that. 

So the harddrive cant be the problem? or maybe my single stick 8gb ram is? 

The ram wouldn't cause this issue. Its likely an error on the OS though for why i know as of now cant say for sure what 

Just now, Feanturi_IV said:

The ram wouldn't cause this issue. Its likely an error on the OS though for why i know as of now cant say for sure what 

Okay. I'll get that OS replaced ;-;

Sorry my dude make sure everything is connected properly before you reinstall don't want to miss posting cause your 500gb still isnt connected 

4 minutes ago, RocX said:

Okay. I'll get that OS replaced ;-;

Before reinstalling the OS however, run a SMART test on your HDD. if your HDD is perfectly healthy, then it's most likely not the HDD. If it's anything else, then your HDD might be failing. I say 'might', as my old 8 year old HDD is running fine with no problems, except that it has a few bad sectors, so it's 'Caution'. They haven't spread at all, and the only issues they cause is Windows 10 not liking Hibernation/Sleep 50% of the time.

1 minute ago, NunoLava1998 said:

Before reinstalling the OS however, run a SMART test on your HDD. if your HDD is perfectly healthy, then it's most likely not the HDD. If it's anything else, then your HDD might be failing. I say 'might', as my old 8 year old HDD is running fine with no problems, except that it has a few bad sectors, so it's 'Caution'. They haven't spread at all, and the only issues they cause is Windows 10 not liking Hibernation/Sleep 50% of the time.

you also run chckdsk on windows utility to see if any data got flipped on you (ones turned to zeros)

While saying that the OS being pirated is the easy, quick and dirty, answer...however it is very unlikely.

However, have you run 

Tddskiller for rootkits?

SuperAntiSpyware?
AntiMalwarebytes?

Avira or Avast or AVG?

checkdisk and running defrag would also be very good ideas.

and crystaldiskinfo for SMART readout on the HDD also good.

Have you watched the Windows task manager processes? and the other tabs? The resource Monitor HDD usage?

3 minutes ago, thx1138 said:

While saying that the OS being pirated is the easy, quick and dirty, answer...It is very unlikely.

However, have you run 

Tddskiller for rootkits?

SuperAntiSpyware?
AntiMalwarebytes?

Avira or Avast or AVG?

Have you watched the Windows task manager processes? and the other tabs? The resource Monitor HDD usage?

@thx1138 with the pro strats for simple fixes 

1 hour ago, thx1138 said:

While saying that the OS being pirated is the easy, quick and dirty, answer...It is very unlikely.

However, have you run 

Tddskiller for rootkits?

SuperAntiSpyware?
AntiMalwarebytes?

Avira or Avast or AVG?

1 hour ago, NunoLava1998 said:

Yeah guys I'll do that. Thanks for the help :) . I'll do that and reply in few hours and say if the problem still prevails. 

2 minutes ago, RocX said:

Yeah guys I'll do that. Thanks for the help :) . I'll do that and reply in few hours and say if the problem still prevails. 

Good luck my dude ?

Ugh, Update: I chckdsk-ed C drive and it already says 'Repair this disk' (this is the new HDD)

Should I go ahead and let it repair? because I dont want any corrupt HDD or anything for next 6 days since its holidays and I wanna enjoy. Is it safe to do it? Shall i proceed? in the meantime i will defrag it

4 minutes ago, RocX said:

Ugh, Update: I chckdsk-ed C drive and it already says 'Repair this disk' (this is the new HDD)

Should I go ahead and let it repair? because I dont want any corrupt HDD or anything for next 6 days since its holidays and I wanna enjoy. Is it safe to do it? Shall i proceed? in the meantime i will defrag it

Shouldn't hurt to repair it if not to much is on it, if there is I'd consider a backing up the data to another hard drive. After that I'd do a system restart and see if that fixed the issue 

7 minutes ago, RocX said:

yeah, you want to repair.

if running command line /r

https://askleo.com/will-chkdsk-harm-my-files/

15 minutes ago, Feanturi_IV said:

Shouldn't hurt to repair it if not to much is on it, if there is I'd consider a backing up the data to another hard drive. After that I'd do a system restart and see if that fixed the issue 

14 minutes ago, thx1138 said:

yeah, you want to repair.

if running command line /r

https://askleo.com/will-chkdsk-harm-my-files/

Yeah I ran it and only c was buggy and fixed it. 

But the file explorer problem prevails :( 

But the Minimizing problem has been solved *phew* Atleast now I can use the PC while not having any trouble 

cant use file explorer I believe the OS replacement will fix it. Thanks to ya'll.