Over clocking i7 8700k help

Hey kinda new to cpu overclocking I’m currently using turbo and running at 4.7ghz on all cores using default settings, kind of want to push it a lil more but not sure what settings to try need suggestions for voltage and multiplier thanks

specs

i7 8700k

rtx 2080

corsair h100i v2

4.9 GHz, 1.21 vcore

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

up to 1.4v is what many consider safe, temps will get a bit crazy at that voltage though.

the lower the better, but up to 1.3v can produce more controllable temps (i aim for under 90c stress testing)

you'll settle on a max voltage and therefore temp that you're comfortable with as you go

start but upping the multiplier one notch at a time, i generally sync all cores and set the voltage to something like 1.3v

stress test until you crash or temps are too high and start adjusting the voltage up or down in .01v increments till your stability/temps combination hits the sweet spot.

4 minutes ago, Maxxtraxx said:

up to 1.4v is what many consider safe, temps will get a bit crazy at that voltage though.

the lower the better, but up to 1.3v can produce more controllable temps (i aim for under 90c stress testing)

you'll settle on a max voltage and therefore temp that you're comfortable with as you go

start but upping the multiplier one notch at a time, i generally sync all cores and set the voltage to something like 1.3v

stress test until you crash or temps are too high and start adjusting the voltage up or down in .01v increments till your stability/temps combination hits the sweet spot.

1.3 is way too much ,unless ur @5.3 or have lottery loser

be carefull with voltages. each cpu can vary wildly when overclocking. i suggest watching a few videos on youtube from reputable sources on how they oc'd theirs. there are also many other things you will need to make sure you do. eg: dont forget to turn on XMP

9 hours ago, SidM said:

1.3 is way too much ,unless ur @5.3 or have lottery loser

Notice I said UP TO 1.3v, he's looking for help and some recommendations.

I know you understand overclocking, what you've said has been unhelpful to the OP's request, I'm happy for your luck in your own personal silicon lottery 8700k.

It would be useful to the OP if you shared your personal overclocking recommendations for his situation given your own setup and experience.

I'm running 5Ghz at 1.28V with idle temps being 28-30c and 48-54c during long heavy sessions. 

Case (for airflow) - Meshify-C

AIO - H115i pro - Air coming in

2 exhaust rear fans

Ambient temps range from 16c to 21c

Multiplier is set to 50  with my voltage being 1.28V.