Best cooler

rocketbagel

Which cooler is best?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Which cooler would you recommend most

• Cryorig H7
    • Cryorig H7 Plus
    • Cryorig H5 universal https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA4UF1W87430
    • Cryorig H5 Ultimate https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA4UF30R0134
    • Other, specify below

Unless you plan on doing some serious overclocking or something, then the cooler doesn't really matter. Just look for the quietest one.

CPU? H5 Ultimate is best overall and H7 is worst. 212 is worse than any of them.

Actually case, ram and location too if you want recommendations.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

17 hours ago, KingTdiGGiTTy said:

Hyper 212 evo

lol

The 212 family is the most overrated bunch of coolers on the market. They're outperformed by just about everything in their weight class these days, including the Deepcool Gammaxx 400 which can frequently be found for $15-20, and the Cryorig M9 family, which can also be found for around $20. The only reason, only reason to even consider buying a 212 these days is a sale that pushes its price under $15.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

Hypnotoad's RAM is dying, his motherboard is acting like the 6-year-old AsRock it is, a couple of SATA ports have just stopped working, but the RGB remains. The RGB always remains. Hypnotoad lives. All glory to the Hypnotoad.

What case, ram, and cpu are you using? Why are you looking at these coolers in particular?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I recon it should be a Prerequisite to read the CPU Cooler Performance Tier List  and tick an agree box before you can post in here :D

So much work went into making it and most questions can be answered from it....

In saying that i love my Hyper 212 P/P LL-120 Cooler !

On 12/24/2018 at 2:21 PM, WoodenMarker said:

What case, ram, and cpu are you using? Why are you looking at these coolers in particular?

Thermaltake Versa 18 tempered glass, ripjaws v 3000, ryzen 5 2600, I have been very pleased with my current Cryorig Cooler (H7) and cryorig coolers all seem to be at reasonable prices, it dosent hurt that they look, in my opinion, very nice with nearly everything.

Dark rock 4/dark rock pro 4 or even NH-D15

My PC:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X Processor (4.4Ghz), MOBO: GIGABYTE X470 AORUS Gaming 7 WiFi (AMD Ryzen AM4/ X470/ Intel Wave 2 WiFi/M.2), RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3000MHz C15, GPU: Gigabyte nVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Windforce OC GV-N1080WF3OC-8GD Graphics Cards, STORAGE: 120GB CRUCIAL SSD, 1TB WD BLUE, COOLER: Cooler Master 212 EVO RGB Black Edition, FANS: 4 x MasterFan MF120R RGB (2 Front, 1 Back, 1 Top), 1 x Noctua NF-P12 Redux 1700 RPM(Back off Cooler), PC CASE: Cooler Master MB500 case, PSU: EVGA 750 BQ.

My Kids PC:

CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 955 (95watt @3.5Ghz @1.40V), MOBO: ASUS M2A-VM, RAM: Kingston 8GB (4x2GB) DDR2 800MHz, GPU: nVidia GT 710 2GB DDR3 (OC’ed Clock to 1300Mhz and Memory to 950Mhz), STORAGE: 250GB HDD, 500GB HDD, COOLER:  Cooler Master 212 EVO, PC CASE: Cooler Master Q300L , FANS: 3 x upHere RED LED Fans (2 Front, 1 Back), PSU: Generic 300 Watt PSU.

Console:  PS4 - vjizzle2384

11 hours ago, rocketbagel said:

Thermaltake Versa 18 tempered glass, ripjaws v 3000, ryzen 5 2600, I have been very pleased with my current Cryorig Cooler (H7) and cryorig coolers all seem to be at reasonable prices, it dosent hurt that they look, in my opinion, very nice with nearly everything.

You say that you're pleased with the H7 already. Are you looking for a new cooler or just asking which was better out of curiosity? 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

8 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

You say that you're pleased with the H7 already. Are you looking for a new cooler or just asking which was better out of curiosity? 

I'm looking for a new cooler for a build I'm assembling for a friend.

4 hours ago, rocketbagel said:

I'm looking for a new cooler for a build I'm assembling for a friend.

Where are you shopping / located? Are you open to coolers from other manufacturers?

Just now, WoodenMarker said:

Where are you shopping / located? Are you open to coolers from other manufacturers?

I am open to them if they are better price/performance 

2 minutes ago, rocketbagel said:

I am open to them if they are better price/performance 

Where are you shopping / located? 

1 minute ago, WoodenMarker said:

Where are you shopping / located? 

Generally on newegg, amazon U.S.