Cool off

rocketbagel

Which would provide better cooling, the cryorig C7 or an aio that would cost in the neighborhood of 20-25 dollars more in the silverstone sg13b case?

Buying a cheap AIO is like giving a person on suicide watch rope 

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

about the same really. AIOs are good for quiet operation and tight cases. Case and point: Many large air coolers obstruct the ram slot nearest the socket. AIOs eliminate that by reducing the footprint over the socket.

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

AIO would perform better probably

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

What AIO exactly are you planning? I'd go with it unless it's a piece of shit that will leak a month after you start using it.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

To add to knightslugger, an AIO does not have much airflow over the VRMs and RAM slots, so if overclocking is something you're gonna do, you might have to think about that. Really any 120mm or 240mm AIO will cool about the same as a good air cooler. Even a 280mm will be only marginally better.

6 minutes ago, rocketbagel said:

Which would provide better cooling, the cryorig C7 or an aio that would cost in the neighborhood of 20-25 dollars more in the silverstone sg13b case?

1 minute ago, kelvinhall05 said:

What AIO exactly are you planning? I'd go with it unless it's a piece of shit that will leak a month after you start using it.

Those things are the same thing.

1 minute ago, KarathKasun said:

Those things are the same thing.

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/product/F2rmP6/corsair-h60-2018-572-cfm-liquid-cpu-cooler-cw-9060036-ww

The C7 is right around 50 CAD. This is a good cooler. There's also the H50:

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/product/VF2kcf/corsair-cpu-cooler-cwch501

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

Just now, KarathKasun said:

Those are NOT $20-$25.

15 minutes ago, rocketbagel said:

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

Just now, KarathKasun said:

Those are NOT $20-$25.

16 minutes ago, rocketbagel said:

20-25 dollars more

Note the word "more" He's not saying he wants one at that price, but rather asking if he spends just a bit more what he'll get for his money.

6 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

5 minutes ago, TempestCatto said:

Note the word "more" He's not saying he wants one at that price, but rather asking if he spends just a bit more what he'll get for his money.

Oh damn, missed that.

Still wouldnt buy an AIO personally, but they will allow you to get better cooling in small cases as long as you can cool the MB area around the socket.

There are 240mm coolers in that price range, though they are from the more questionable brands.  You will also need to check the mounting locations in the case for clearance and hose routing.  Looks like it could be pretty tight for FEP tubes.

As somebody who is currently running a SG13B, I'd recommend the C7.

140mm radiators often interfere with longer GPUs. There was an old LTT video talking about it (Specifically with Silverstone's TD03-slim. which I can't recommend).

Josh from NFC Systems is doing a 20ish SFF cooler roundup within the next month or two. He'll have good data for low profile coolers.

I'm currently running a Noctua L9x65 in my system. Although it's cramped (Technically beyond the maximum size that'll fit), it'll fit with a SFX PSU.

I'll add pictures in a minute and measure the "real" maximum CPU cooler height (if you orient the PSU correctly)

Edit: Here's a picture of my current cooler in the SG13B (The Noctua L9x65). Please ignore the mess of cables - I shoved 'em to the side for this picture.

I strongly recommend using the PSU to pull out of the case instead of using it as a separate system (pulls air in from the top, out the back). It improves cooling by a couple of degrees in configs similar to mine.

Spoiler

IMG_1421.thumb.JPG.253ec418a426967ab33aaf61d1877d1b.JPG

I replaced the A9x14 fan (92mm x 14mm) with a 120mm x 25mm fan, bringing the total possible height up to 90mm. This would be best with a cooler with horizontal airflow (such as a dynatron), but I'm pulling air up through the cooler, into the PSU's fan, then out of the case.

Fan Comparisons          F@H          PCPartPicker         Analysis of Market Trends (Coming soon? Never? Who knows!)

Designing a mITX case. Working on aluminum prototypes.

Open for intern / part-time. Good at maths, CAD and airflow stuff. Dabbled with Python.

Please fill out this form! It helps a ton! https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/841400-the-poll-to-end-all-polls-poll/