Asus G703VI Repaste Vram Mosfest Questions? HALP!

Hello!

So my Asus G703VI Gtx 1080 i7 7820HK has been powering along for a year. 

Recently the temps have gotten pretty high 7820HK is OC to 4.2ghz it runs up into the 88 to 95! The GPU is OC to 2ghz and runs at 71!? i mean yum!   anyway, the temps on the CPU was way too much

So i Undervolted and dropped the clock to 3.7ghz Temps was good in the 70 range 

but i wanted to put new thermal paste on so i did. opened her up lots of dust and very very bad thermal pasted So i replaced it with IC DIAMOND.. on the CPU and gpu but here's the thing the MOSFETs and Vram were covered in a goopy paste there were no Thermal Pads. which was strange as this was the first iv seen of this. so i guessed by the look of it. it was a special kind of thermal paste for Mosfets and Vram?  now i had to put IC diamond on the MOSFETs and vrams

but i am worried that its not the right paste. or i could be damaging my Vram and MOSFETs and not knowing it.

all my temps are amazing now back to 4.2ghz at 82c  i ran a stress test in prime 95 for 12 hours no shutdowns.  however, when i play some games the computer stuttered and turned off. i later found out i undervolted too much -0.100 for a 4.1ghz is not very good for gaming it would seem

Anyway, advice or ideas would be great. i am not stressing the machine out now and i have ordered some K5 Pro Thermal paste for MOSFETs and vrams. who knows!

Please help all you amazing people :) did I do a boo boo? in putting IC diamond on those capacitors vram and MOSFETs

1 hour ago, Pimpgoo said:

there were no Thermal Pads

Normal in Asus gaming laptops. It's the regular 'chewing gum' stock paste

1 hour ago, Pimpgoo said:

did I do a boo boo?

Nope, it's not conductive

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128