Floatplane Desktop Application

jarednthomas

Would anyone be interested in running Floatplane outside of their browser in a standalone desktop application?

In the spirit of one of my favorite third party apps - gpmdp - I decided to start working on a desktop application myself, and have currently tested it on Windows and Linux. Before releasing it however, I would prefer to have it fully tested on Mac OS as well, and preferably blessed by Luke himself before releasing some half-assed software. I'm also curious what features you would like to see implemented. Let me know if you guys have any ideas or suggestions!

Screenshot from 2018-12-23 06-13-45.png

Screenshot from 2018-12-23 06-14-16.png

Edited by jarednthomas

Isn't there a subforum for float plane? Probably got a better chance there than off topic

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

-= Locked =-

It has been suggested many times that LMG make apps for their sites and it has been an idea they are not interested in doing.  Since FloatPlane is now officially not a part of the LTT Forum you would need to contact Floatplane staff directly about this idea.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER